Welcome to the New EpicNPC!

Not Recently Bumped
Administrator
(72 reviews)

EpicNPC

Level 100

Administrator

Trade Guardian Orders: 106

(100%) (72 reviews)
Country
United States
Member Since
Oct 17, 2007
Last seen

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
Review in progress... post #161

First I would like to apologize for the extended downtime. We ran into a few different issues during the migration that we did not expect and did not encounter during our prior testing. We had to disable infinite scroll and thread auto-close, both of these will be fixed in the next few days and re-enabled. Other features are still on our to-do list which have not yet been created for this new site.

- Import feedback
- Forum Icons
- Contact Icons (might not come back)
- Reverse IP lookup for Pro Sellers
- Raffle system
- Award system

Our priory during the first 30-60 days will be to fix reported bugs and to optimize the site for speed, so those listed features not be added until further down the road.

I hope you guys like the new design, not only is it completely mobile ready, but it's full featured meaning all systems and features are available on the mobile site. We have a few color schemes available and you can switch between them by clicking the top right button in the navigation.

If you see the green, verify phone number box at the top, you have to verify your phone number. We changed phone systems a few times on the old site and we allowed old members to bypass the newer phone system. However that old phone system data was completely removed and not migrated. So if you see a green box, you have to verify a phone number or you'll have limited permissions.

Features
----------------------
Most of the features are the same as the previous website, although many were improved. For example the 'Image upload' feature now uploads to our new CDN; no quality lose and no image resizing.

You'll also notice a new "IP Hash" this will display the users IP address as a hash to protect their real IP address, but it'll allow members to see if someone's IP is the same as another member. We also have many new security features enabled to help us catch and block scammers that constantly remake accounts, however we will not be releasing any information about these systems.

Social media login is available as before, but it is in addition to your normal login, it will no longer become your primary login. This allows members to link and unlink Facebook, Twitter and Google accounts to their profiles and will allow them to login using either their normal Epicnpc login or social login.


Sticky Threads & Banner Ads
-----------------------------------------------
We were down longer than expected and will be sending out partial refunds to anyone who had a sticky or banner ads during the downtime for the 7 days we were down. This will be done in the next 10 days. Some might get their refunds tomorrow, others might not get them until Friday or next week.

If you did not receive a partial refund by Nov 22, please contact me directly and I'll take a look.


Bug Reports
-------------------------
This site is very much a beta so I'm sure you'll be finding many bugs during the first week or two. We'll do our best to fix these bugs as soon as they're reported.

If you find a bug please post in the follow manner:

- URL where the bug occurred
- Full error message you received
- Screenshot if possible


Currently working on (in progress)
-------------------------------------------
1) Phone verification not working (fixed)
2) Payment issues. (should be fixed, rare errors, hard to test)
3) Store items, threads items (fixed)
4) Usergroup Permission problems (mostly fixed)
 
Last edited:
Not sure if it's suppose to but when not logged in or on a page with an error screen it shows me as another user logged in and requests and email verification which doesn't make sense. Just ensuring anything personal from other users isn't generated out there if it's just pulling random profiles. Also some smaller icons around the forums are broken if you're not already aware. Links below for assignments.
Code:
https://www.epicnpc.com/XFlaunch/styles/images/phoneverification/phone_blue.png
https://www.epicnpc.com/XFlaunch/styles/images/phoneverification/upgrade.png

Edit: Both appear to be working fine now.
 

Attachments

  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.8 KB
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    3.7 KB
Last edited:
Not sure if it's suppose to but when not logged in or on a page with an error screen it shows me as another user logged in and requests and email verification which doesn't make sense. Just ensuring anything personal from other users isn't generated out there if it's just pulling random profiles. Also some smaller icons around the forums are broken if you're not already aware. Links below for assignments.
Code:
https://www.epicnpc.com/XFlaunch/styles/images/phoneverification/phone_blue.png
https://www.epicnpc.com/XFlaunch/styles/images/phoneverification/upgrade.png
Its probably a visual bug that you are getting. Signing in and out will likely fix the showing of other accounts.
 
Few bugs:
- Can't visit users profile
- Got upgrade information stuff (being EPIC member for 3$) even if I'm already upgraded
- SMod is not displayed on my profile
- My feedback count went from 50 to 38 :(
- have little "2" instead of my user title
 
Last edited:
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/maehwa-is-unresponsive-cool-guy-though.1432998/
I hope you guys add the favorite subforum feature again, so we can navigate quick and easier
 
Same issue , feedback went from ( i think ) 456 to 408
Upgrades on threads are not visible http://prntscr.com/lhxlx8
https://www.epicnpc.com/members/mistiservices.408070/#dbtech-shop-inventory cant access to this section.
Also i can open each section in Private Forums which were before restricted for my mod rank.
https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/101...usted-and-Verified-Team?p=5134862#post5134862 Link doesn't work
https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/102...-(12-14h)-Fast-and-Safe?p=5167589#post5167589 Link doesn't work
 
Last edited:
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/maehwa-is-unresponsive-cool-guy-though.1432998/
Regarding feedback, if you received a feedback from the same user, it will not fully counted, the feedback not missing, it just they count 1 from the same user feedbacks
 
how do i change background color ? i liked the original one on epicnpc + design

I do miss the feature thing on the left side where it shows all your thread , easier to find and bump /edit
also store items arent showing up like highlight , color threads etc
 
how do i change background color ? i liked the original one on epicnpc + design

I do miss the feature thing on the left side where it shows all your thread , easier to find and bump /edit
also store items arent showing up like highlight , color threads etc
Click the button in the top right, next to alerts to change the background color.
 
1. All sticky threads cost 5$ now;
2. I don't have EpicNPC Verify;
3. I don't have images on threads;
4. Feedback rating still the same;
5. Threads without upgrades or not visible.
 
Last edited:
how do i change background color ? i liked the original one on epicnpc + design

I do miss the feature thing on the left side where it shows all your thread , easier to find and bump /edit
also store items arent showing up like highlight , color threads etc

1542133265691.png
1542133327775.png


Oh you can copy paste picture directly to your message. This was nice. To change background. Click on the small button next to your profile.
 
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/maehwa-is-unresponsive-cool-guy-though.1432998/
how do i change background color ? i liked the original one on epicnpc + design

I do miss the feature thing on the left side where it shows all your thread , easier to find and bump /edit
also store items arent showing up like highlight , color threads etc

on top right corner beside alerts you can customize the background color
 
Name color/highlight is missing
Title replaced with "2"
Title color/highlight missing
Missing "Verified" Tag
Inventory is "Does Not Exist" -- Might be missing unused thread highlights because of this, but can't check
 
Several of the errors described above = but the only one that worries me is that my thread sector (gtav services) is missing. I had paid sticky thread that "would end" in the next few days. (I can not find the thread directly). Please help!. Thank you.

link theard = missing

- Upgrade notification for 3$ even if I'm already upgraded
- Don't have images on threads or signatures
- Can't see the moderator in charge in sub-forums
 
Last edited:

Feedback was imported, but VBulletin counts feedback differently from this system. We noticed some feedback scores changed, but could not determine a solution so some members lost some feedback.

Upgrades on threads are not visible http://prntscr.com/lhxlx8 - please explain

URL structure was changed. It should redirect URLs automatically, but if not, just put https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/1022169 and it will redirect it.
 
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/maehwa-is-unresponsive-cool-guy-though.1432998/
Feedback was imported, but VBulletin counts feedback differently from this system. We noticed some feedback scores changed, but could not determine a solution so some members lost some feedback.

Upgrades on threads are not visible http://prntscr.com/lhxlx8 - please explain

URL structure was changed. It should redirect URLs automatically, but if not, just put https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/1022169 and it will redirect it.

the upgrade on threads means :

red / green title bold or etc

Personally I like this new platform, I believe the others just not accustomed to the new design yet, after we know how to use it, and the technical team fix several things, we can find this new one more easy to use than the old one

Let's not rush thing and let them improve it, I believe with the growth of the community in EpicNPC and the revenue, they won't choose to make their website downgrade than before, they surely have lot of upgrade with this one ;)
 
Stuff from my end: (some might have already been reported)

- Upgrade notification for 3$ even if I'm already upgraded
- Favicon is missing
- LFM is not displayed on my profile
- Don't have images on threads or signatures
- Can't see the moderator in charge in sub-forums
- When posting a reply, I can't check or uncheck "show signature"
 
Welcome back everyone!

Things I noticed from the first 10 mins of using the site:

The site works a lot slowr for me. Refreshing pages takes longer times
Favicon missing (force refresh didn't help)
Chat room full !?
'Last online" feature missing when hovering
I can't see "STORE" button
Some of the signature code is missing. Signature images not loading at all
When clicking on posted images (imgur) the browser opens external tab and opens it there.
I would love to see a feature that allows to browse images within the current tab. I personnally don't like when I'm being redirected to another tab when I click on the image I want to see.
MM requestable fee missing (I remember asking about that matter and you said it will remain the same, but it's not.)




Overall I like the update, but in my mind themes need tweaking. cuz imo the washed out grey color doesn't go well with other colors in the themes. I would prefer to have a white theme if possible.

As example of another website using XF -
I also wanted to hide some of my post messages but I couldn't find the HIDE button.

- Supermoderator status missing and lots of other badges missing as well. I don't understand what "2" means. Is that the number of posts?
 
Last edited:
Name color/highlight is missing - please explain, where? i see colors.
Title replaced with "2" - fixing soon
Title color/highlight missing - URLs.
Missing "Verified" Tag - you never purchased the Verified upgrade. The "Protected" badge was removed. It was a free badge.
Inventory is "Does Not Exist" -- Might be missing unused thread highlights because of this, but can't check - investigating store inventory issues.
 
No images in threads here aswell, they show up when u try and edit ( in preview ) but after saving the thread, they dont show up

No signature aswell, 3 account perks instead of 5 and no user title
The image system is new and we are still processing thousands of images. Some might be uploaded, others might not. It'll be faster if you just reupload the images again to epicnpc. It might be a few more days before the full image queue is processed.
 
Several of the errors described above = but the only one that worries me is that my thread sector (gtav services) is missing. I had paid sticky thread that "would end" in the next few days. (I can not find the thread directly). Please help!. Thank you.

link theard = missing

- Upgrade notification for 3$ even if I'm already upgraded
- Don't have images on threads or signatures
- Can't see the moderator in charge in sub-forums

URL structure was changed. The URL you used was our test site which no longer exists.
https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/1096149 - you can find you threads if it doesn't automatically redirect by just entering the number alone.

image was already explained in an above post.

Mods (staff) will be visible in the future.
 
I'll be honest and harsh
-Grey theme looks bad in the background, the older theme was better (i did not like it very much either, but it was better than this one, the new one color scheme is just ugly (In my honest opinion)
-Thread subscription was just too convinient for thread bumps, it was a great feature, should be readded with high priority, most sellers will agree it was just neat
-I lost feedbacks @EpicNPC ???
-The new website loads slow
-Upgrade notification but im already upgraded
-Moderator icon missing
-Again, change the theme color scheme, it's very ugly. Stronger tones are needed, everything is so mellow, i dont really like it one bit being honest. Blue/black ; white/grey; white/blue would look 10 times bettter.
Also the logo does not logo professional, but like a few kids website, it doesnt fit a huge platform like this one.

Sorry for being harsh, it's just criticism because i care about this community since it gave me so many oppurtunities and equal possibilities to everyone regardless of the feedback score.
 
Any chance we can get the subscriptioned threads column / favourite threads options back ? Or "find last started threads" option, anything to help us bump our threads easier :(
Most of that is already available, just located in a different location.

Click "Forums" in the top navigation. It has the following

Find your threads
Find threads you posted in
Watched threads
Watched forums.
 
URL structure was changed. The URL you used was our test site which no longer exists.
https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/1096149 - you can find you threads if it doesn't automatically redirect by just entering the number alone.

image was already explained in an above post.

Mods (staff) will be visible in the future.

missing.png

I can not access the thread in any way.
(It is not visible either)
The sticky should still be valid.

and


In a thread currently only 12 images are allowed? Even when they are external links ?. It is really little to design a thread with different accounts for sale.

Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • missing.png
    missing.png
    255.8 KB
Last edited:
Hey,

It seems I am not able to access the forums on my main account anymore after today's update, having some strange error. (I ONLY made this account to report this issue, since I can access the website otherwise just fine.)

Whenever logged into my main account, I am unable to access any part of the forum. All I see is "Oops! We ran into some problems'. No mattter where I go. I've tried pressing upgrade, nothing happens, I've tried going into my settings, nothing happens. Below is a screenshot of what happens.

This is my main profile > https://www.epicnpc.com/members/dyrone.232489/

9ea02888c35a4fc0336f4ee71eeda309.png
 
Thanks for the reply,
Prior name color/highlights that were purchased to edit the color and highlight of the name
However, that could be due to not being able to access the inventory

On a side note, forum moderator application link is 404

Keep up the good work
 
Back
Top