Official Suggestion thread - help make EpicNPC a better marketplace

Not Recently Bumped
My suggestion is to remove this warning system. Honestly, it's not hard to see if a seller did something by accident or it was intended and correct it. Also, there is a lot of vagueness regarding the rules so in some cases you may do something wrong without knowing it. If that's not possible then imo there should be a harsh punishment for moderators who fail at their job, it's already too much that they can compete with normal sellers, if they can even throw bans left and right "accidentally" and then call it a mistake, I guess you see where the wrong with this is. This is a marketplace forum where many of us use it as our main business platform, not a social forum where you can ban as much as you like and nothing will happen. When my customers see me banned with the flag "don't trade" they don't know that it was due to a mistake or because I posted a thread to the wrong forum, they think that I'm someone dangerous that does shady stuff, I also lose income during that period. So a moderator will get away with it calling it a mistake and I will get away with a heavily damaged image. We can't even see why we got banned before it is lifted so some may not appeal it. Call me paranoid if you want but I suspect some moderators already abuse this thanks to the vague rules and the soft monitoring to ruin smaller sellers. You have to either remove this warning system, punish harshly those who fail, or disallow mods to compete with sellers.

This is the second time I get banned for mentioning in one of my threads that a customer can consult an unban service and the reason was that such service doesn't exist and that is a competitive/unsupported claim. I don't know if this time the ban is a mistake again like the first but my thread was super old and I got the inspiration to mention this on my thread after seeing some who are selling it on this forum such as a sephirofl and a romanian guy that I don't remember. There are many who sell such services outside the forum as well, it is as common as selling a boost or gold and I don't even mention that I use this service so there is no benefit for me, it was purely for informing customers about what there is out there and not to promote my offer, I even mention that it doesn't always work. Such services always existed, they don't work 100% of the time but sometimes they can get the job done, all bans are appealable through email or phone. Having to support this claim is the same as having to support the claim that I sell gold or a boost. How can you even call me competitive when I'm one of the few who say the truth that buying gold is risky while other sellers are saying that it is 100% safe which is far worse than saying that an unban service exists.

I don't know if the penalty this time was a mistake again or not and if it's wrong to say this then I will correct it, I have always cooperated with the mods without whining but I think this is too much. The quality of the moderation needs to improve. It feels as if anyone can get a green name and start doing whatever he/she wants. I lately have really weird conversations with moderators, there was another guy who wanted me to mention the countries in entire Asia and Eastern Europe of the boosters that I use while few really mention the countries of their boosters because it wouldn't make sense since there are so many countries to mention.....
 
Last edited:
Most warnings are 1-2 points. A few of the more serious violations are 3 points. Nothing happens until someone has 6 points. This means you can receive 2-4 violations before a 3 day temp ban is issued.

In addition warnings expire after 30 days, so those points also expire. If you're getting banned that means multiple violations within 30 days. Even when someone is banned for violations the ban reason that displays states "Rule Violations", so it's clear they broke rules and it's not for scamming.

Without this system violations would increase 10x within 6 months and our mods would be overwhelmed if there were no consequences. Even as is, some sellers get the same violation 3+ times because they're already ignoring the warning. We have to issue bans to make sure they understand they must follow the rules.

Your last violation was for posting in the wrong section which is correct.

APB accounts is for accounts only, not in-game cash. The "weapons" section states cash should be posted there. This information is visible at the top of the APB account section.
APB: Reloaded Weapons
Buy, sell or trade APB Reloaded weapons, cash, nano and RTW points.
 
Most warnings are 1-2 points. A few of the more serious violations are 3 points. Nothing happens until someone has 6 points. This means you can receive 2-4 violations before a 3 day temp ban is issued.

In addition warnings expire after 30 days, so those points also expire. If you're getting banned that means multiple violations within 30 days. Even when someone is banned for violations the ban reason that displays states "Rule Violations", so it's clear they broke rules and it's not for scamming.

Without this system violations would increase 10x within 6 months and our mods would be overwhelmed if there were no consequences. Even as is, some sellers get the same violation 3+ times because they're already ignoring the warning so we have to issue bans to make sure they understand they must follow the rules.

Your last violation was for posting in the wrong section which is correct.

APB accounts is for accounts only, not in-game cash. The "weapons" section states cash should be posted there. This information is visible at the top of the APB account section.

The ban was triggered by another "violation" where I mention that someone can consult an unban service that "may" offer him a solution. I didn't say anything about the APB warning which was correct although this was clearly an accident that didn't benefit me in any possible way and I was aware that it shouldn't be posted there, I didn't even see it.

Was the mention of unban service a violation? do you agree that I should edit my threads and remove it?

I literally got banned in like 3 warnings, it's not that hard to get that much considering how easy it is to warn someone. I fail to see how I committed a serious violation that deserves 2 warnings every time. Here are my mistakes: I posted a thread by accident to a wrong forum, I looked for boosters in the game boosting forum, I didn't mention the countries of my boosters although they are tons and finally the unban service.

No rule was broken by intention. Btw someone who is not experienced with the forum can translate "rules violations" differently.

I want to add that this "strange" behavior seems to occur mostly on the ff14 forum, the last time that I got banned by mistake it was there. The same thing happens this time.
 
Your last violation was for posting in the wrong section which is correct.
APB accounts is for accounts only, not in-game cash. The "weapons" section states cash should be posted there. This information is visible at the top of the APB account section.
Only staff can view this content.

As for the warning system, it should exist, i think it's required for this forum. For example; I see that some guys come up and they call "trusted, middleman" themselves or starting clone threads of same items...etc etc...
 
Banned - Scammer - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/ahri-scammer.2195904/
due of the high price of Lost Ark Platinum Founder Pack, there are so many people trying to scam or already got scammed by this

I hope moderator / admin can add guide about the one that selling founder pack key on lost ark subforum like this genshin subforum

1644957772645.png


here is my suggestion about the lost ark founder pack key sales :

1. must use middleman / trade guardian (buyer spend more than $200-$400 for a key surely will not mind to pay extra for MM)
2. buyer will send payment to MM including their steam account that want to claim the founder pack code
3. seller will send the code to MM
4. MM will claim the code on the steam account, and if claimed, MM will send the payment to seller
5. buyer can receive the product and change their steam password and enjoy the product

I hope with this, there will less people got scammed for the founder pack key

cheers!
 
Those seller must upgrade before they can sell codes like that.

This rule existed a while ago when most games had subscriptions and users sold time codes, but was removed once most game when free to play. I added it back for all codes.

https://www.epicnpc.com/infocenter/forumrules.html
  • Any one-time use codes or keys that can't be verified, the seller must upgrade their account to Epic Member or higher.
 
Banned - Scammer - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/ahri-scammer.2195904/
Those seller must upgrade before they can sell codes like that.

This rule existed a while ago when most games had subscriptions and users sold time codes, but was removed once most game when free to play. I added it back for all codes.

https://www.epicnpc.com/infocenter/forumrules.html
  • Any one-time use codes or keys that can't be verified, the seller must upgrade their account to Epic Member or higher.
that a good thing then, but still need this info on the subforum, so people will avoid buying key from someone that not have verified upgrade
 
I just do the beta alpha key warn and put

In order to sell beta keys or beta accounts, and any general code that can't be verified, you must have our Epic Member upgrade or higher. Your thread has been removed.

This is what so states under the rules but yes has not been updated under the warnings
 
Banned - Scammer - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/ahri-scammer.2195904/
I would like to suggest that we add more details about the scammer that banned on this site

e.g. : https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/don’t-do-business-with-seichan-or-for-this-acc.2173497/

it will be better if moderator / admin include the scammer email that used on payment and also the multiple account that used by scammer on his other account

I believe he use different email and phone number for each fake account that used for fake feedback

if we can disclose scammer full name, phone number and emails

it will be better since they will recorded and search-able on this site / google

this will prevents more people got scammed from same person
 
Banned - Scammer - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/ahri-scammer.2195904/
All know account usernames and emails should be included when someone is banned. I adding more info for that dispute.
it just an example of dispute that lack of info, there should be more if cases like that

is it not possible if add the name on paypal or payment the scammer used?

paypal email can easily change, but full name will be harder due of need document

and phone number that used for phone verification on site too, since they may use it for whatsapp or other way of contact using those number

and if scammer use wise, it will be better to provide the full name, bank, and the account number

with more exposure of scammer info, it will reduce his chance to scam more people
 
FEEDBACK SYSTEM:
Unique Feedbacks should be shown on the profile of a seller that is advertising a product.

I myself have 393 Feedbacks on the site. (Unique).
1646951234257.png

(But the website shows 649, that's because some of those feedbacks are from returning customers or suppliers. (duplicate feedbacks from several users)
This isn't essentially a BAD thing. Also it doesn't make these feedbacks any less valid, but just
having the option to stack feedbacks available can certaily be exploited.


What does having UNIQUE Feedbacks shown on advertising threads accomplish:

- Significantly reduce feedback stacking (for example): - A supplier on a video game for virtual currency is farming every day "100" gold. - I'm buying from the same supplier every single day. After the deal is done, goods are exchanged and payment is made, he's allowed to leave a feedback. (As long as the deal is completed, the feedback is warranted.) 10 Days - 10 Feedbacks, resulting in a feedback stacking and giving false reality to average website consumer. (However, with Unique Feedbacks displaying as Feedbacks, his 10 feedbacks would be on the profile, but only +1 Of those feedbacks would count)
- Significantly reduce feedback abuse from friends (local) or not, work partners(another resellers in the industry), colleagues etc.
- Giving a way more realistic feedback stat/score of every seller for average consumer of the website browsing through the listings.
 
Last edited:
The majority of sites with feedback system like Ebay, Amazon and others normally use total feedback, not unique. This is why we're also using total feedback.

Most likely there would be some serious backlash if we change the system as most sellers would immediately lose 20-50% of their feedbacks. I don't think it's worth the trouble to make this change.

Perhaps a better solution would be to show more detailed statistics about the seller in the sale thread so this information can be more easily viewed.
 
Banned - Scammer - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/ahri-scammer.2195904/
regarding feedback, it it possible to add the subforum game / category on the feedback? so people know for what game this feedback without need to visit the deal thread
 
We've changed our requirements a few times over the years, so not all feedback will have a game forum to display. Some games have also shut down and we've removed them, so there could be nothing to show in many cases. This would continue to happen in the future as games die out.

I'll discuss with our devs to see what we can do.
 
WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. Most scams occur off-site. Please contact members directly via EpicNPC chat. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
Banned - Scammer - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/got-scammed-on-a-services.2300756/
Multiple Ideas
1. official EpicNPC discord server
2. Awards (like if you choose to accept someone’s idea they get a custom award)
3. Custom User groups (say for instance a members wants to buy a custom user group then he could sell buy ins to his user group)
4. Shout box for everyone to socialize together it would also in my opinion limit spam as well they can just join the shoutbox

That’s about all I can think of for now if you decide to implement anything at least let me know :p have a awesome day
 
1. official EpicNPC discord server
-- Will never happen. Discord impersonation scams are already the most common, I see zero benefit to creating a discord server so we can have more problems with Discord. I also see no benefit to sending traffic to Discord where we have very little control over anything.

2. Awards (like if you choose to accept someone’s idea they get a custom award)
-- Awards don't work well with marketplaces, they're better for hangout social media sites to encourage posting and interaction. We don't want buyers or sellers posting just so they can claim some award. If we give rewards for suggestions/ideas that will lead to a avalanche of suggestions, which I'm sure most won't be any good. We want members that like the site and use it often to suggest changes because they genuinely want to improve the site, not so they can claim some reward.

3. Custom User groups (say for instance a members wants to buy a custom user group then he could sell buy ins to his user group)
-- We used to have groups a few years ago on our old platform. None of the groups were ever that big, most were inactive and overall the system wasn't very popular. To re-develop this type of feature would take a while and I don't see any great benefit to brining it back. There are other features we currently have on our to-do list that would have a much bigger impact, so at this time this feature will not be coming back.

4. Shout box for everyone to socialize together it would also in my opinion limit spam as well they can just join the shoutbox
-- We had one for a few months and it was nothing but problems. It will never come back. Sorry.
 
WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
I know discord is a issue, and will continue to be

Could we somehow block someone for putting their discord on the threads but yet instead state contact me here to establish communication. Then within EpicNPC DM's they can exchange discord if they choose to knowing our scam dispute stand about discord.

I see how some people love discord so much and is how they communicate which is their right to use what they like. I just believe people not putting any discord information on threads signatures or anything that a non member can see without sending a DM on site to get that information.

Just my thoughts, I have investigated to many discord scams and have been blamed by members getting screwed by impersonators using my discord when I used it long time ago.
 
WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
Could we somehow block someone for putting their discord on the threads but yet instead state contact me here to establish communication. Then within EpicNPC DM's they can exchange discord if they choose to knowing our scam dispute stand about discord.
While i see your point, i think that would only damage epicnpc in the long run.

You do make a point in a perfect world, sadly we're not in a perfect world, neither every single visitor on the website is registered. When you think about it, a lot of people are lurkers, meaning they do not have a registered EpicNPC account. (I don't know the exact numbers or ratio % on average how many daily visitors end up registering, i hope Mike can shed some light on it) What they do is they find the ad, contact the seller through discord/skype/telegram, and go on with their day, without having to register. This would probably work if EpicNPC was a MM platform like (g 2 g or funpay) because of the checkout system.
 
I know discord is a issue, and will continue to be

Could we somehow block someone for putting their discord on the threads but yet instead state contact me here to establish communication. Then within EpicNPC DM's they can exchange discord if they choose to knowing our scam dispute stand about discord.

I see how some people love discord so much and is how they communicate which is their right to use what they like. I just believe people not putting any discord information on threads signatures or anything that a non member can see without sending a DM on site to get that information.

Just my thoughts, I have investigated to many discord scams and have been blamed by members getting screwed by impersonators using my discord when I used it long time ago.
This was already discussed at length here, and other areas, but ultimately overturned as it would not make any significant impact to safety while negatively effecting communication, and business as a whole.
 
WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
I know it has been said multiple times, I have pushed for this for awhile. It would not hurt anyone and if the Seller wants to give out discord they know the risk of no disputes. Also if a person is not a member on site EX phone verified then don't give out discord information.

I know it won't be the big cure to the discord scams, however I honsetly believe it cut down on some of the issues we have daily.
 
WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
Banned - Scammer - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/ahri-scammer.2195904/
my suggestion regarding discord issue is creating discord button below chat, so people can click it to redirect into the discord and chat with the real owner instead of impersonator (no idea if there is any API to integrate do direct chat from a link, but if not able to redirect to the discord, at least it automatic copy to clipboard, so people always can double check and re-add on the discord before continue to the payment/deal)

with this feature, it should reduce the number of people got scammed by impersonator, since they can easily click the button to contact/double check

if people still too lazy to click the button to confirm it impersonator or not, it can't be helped, people just never learn
 
WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
Making a button on the site to redirect them to discord to make sure you get the right person.

So why couldn't they message on EpicNPC and then a discord button wouldn't have to be made, thus also will ensure your speaking with the real person also
 
1. official EpicNPC discord server
-- Will never happen. Discord impersonation scams are already the most common, I see zero benefit to creating a discord server so we can have more problems with Discord. I also see no benefit to sending traffic to Discord where we have very little control over anything.

2. Awards (like if you choose to accept someone’s idea they get a custom award)
-- Awards don't work well with marketplaces, they're better for hangout social media sites to encourage posting and interaction. We don't want buyers or sellers posting just so they can claim some award. If we give rewards for suggestions/ideas that will lead to a avalanche of suggestions, which I'm sure most won't be any good. We want members that like the site and use it often to suggest changes because they genuinely want to improve the site, not so they can claim some reward.

3. Custom User groups (say for instance a members wants to buy a custom user group then he could sell buy ins to his user group)
-- We used to have groups a few years ago on our old platform. None of the groups were ever that big, most were inactive and overall the system wasn't very popular. To re-develop this type of feature would take a while and I don't see any great benefit to brining it back. There are other features we currently have on our to-do list that would have a much bigger impact, so at this time this feature will not be coming back.

4. Shout box for everyone to socialize together it would also in my opinion limit spam as well they can just join the shoutbox
-- We had one for a few months and it was nothing but problems. It will never come back. Sorry.

Instead of a shoutbox maybe an offtopic thread where everybody can chat with each other about random things? Of course, it could be abused for spam but I think the reward is bigger than the risk if people actually use it to socialize with each other



Another Idea would be to post a quarterly/biannual epicnpc newsletter with the most important changes on the website (New features added/deleted, new forums added/deleted, staff changes, maybe adding some kind of giveaway (credits) to these newsletters to offer an incentive to read those newsletters?). That way it would be easier to follow up with the changes if you are on/off for some time
 
Last edited:
Banned - Scammer - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/got-scammed-on-a-services.2300756/
I put some more thought into this one and it probably has been brought up before

But what about a more mobile friendly interface or even a EpicNPC app on google play and Apple store

Could be very convenient for buyers and sellers on the go to use a app that has a smooth UI
 
I put some more thought into this one and it probably has been brought up before

But what about a more mobile friendly interface or even a EpicNPC app on google play and Apple store

Could be very convenient for buyers and sellers on the go to use a app that has a smooth UI
We actually have an app. Only for android though.

That brings me back to my idea with the newsletter. Its really hard to follow every single change thats out there because it only has its own thread as far as I know.
 
WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
Admin's opinion on Discord theme is clear, and i do agree with this, Discord is trouble and a waste of time, with trading on Discord you will continue to put the money into the scammer's pockets and there are no benefits for any of us. Sellers are not ones who care much about it as long they are not accused for scamming, but buyers are the real victims and trust me every dollar they give to your impersonator is less money for you. We are openly against Discord and my personal goal is to see one day Discord removed from this website. I will fight for it and i will talk against Discord whenever i can.

Our website chat is drastically improved, now we also have a mobile app where you can easily access your account and your private messages so Discord is not necessary anymore.
 
Instead of a shoutbox maybe an offtopic thread where everybody can chat with each other about random things? Of course, it could be abused for spam but I think the reward is bigger than the risk if people actually use it to socialize with each other
We already have a section for random topics
https://www.epicnpc.com/forums/the-watering-hole.42/

Another Idea would be to post a quarterly/biannual epicnpc newsletter with the most important changes on the website
We used to have one many years ago. It was a monthly newsletter, but it was a lot of work. I use the New/Announcement section for any important announcements, which I think is enough to announce any new changes. I've tried to do quarterly updates about upcoming changes in the distant past, but over time I eventually forget to do them. Also our development timeline changes constantly which makes those types of updates completely inaccurate, so I'd rather not do them.

But what about a more mobile friendly interface or even a EpicNPC app on google play and Apple store
We already have a Epicnpc app in the Google app store. Not yet for Apple. We plan to make some changes to the app in the not to distant future to make switching from the main site to chat faster and easier. Apple app maybe by the end of the year or sometime next year. Apple has strict policies about payment and it's requiring us to make major changes, so we can't just launch.


Moving forward we are focusing on 3 main features.

1. Trade Guardian - 20+ updates which we'll be starting on near the end of April to add new features to the system as well as improvements. The big one will be a free TG option that anyone can use. It will not include a MM, but instead will act as a log for buyers and sellers. They will be able to see a history of their sales or purchases. During the process we'll post some helpful tips to help the buyer and seller along.

2. Sale threads - This will change the way sale threads appear. The first post will remain unchanged, but all comments will appear in a nested tree format similar to how Reddit comments work. This will allow members to read more comments much faster especially on mobile and will use an infinite scroll so you can view all comments without loading new pages. This is scheduled for later this year.

3. Chat - We just completed a dozen or so updates last month to improve the chat. Our focus in the future will be on speed to make it faster.


Currently we are working on reworking our entire security system related to monitoring users, banned members, payments, phone, VPNs and things of this nature. We will no longer be banning VPN or proxy users after this updates goes live. Instead we will be focusing on other items to identify bad users. No details about this update will be provided and this will be the only announcement about the change since this is sensitive information and we do not plan on revealing what is being changed or how things work.

In addition we have about 20-30 other random updates which will be worked on and released when we have time to fit them in. Any major updates with significant changes will be announced in the News/Announcement section.
https://www.epicnpc.com/forums/epicnpc-news-announcement.41/
 
Banned - Scammer - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/got-scammed-on-a-services.2300756/
Really glad to here that the app will be coming to IOS that’s all I use and definitely look forward to it not sure on how the warning system works entirely if there is a certain warning limit then banned but what do you think about less bans and just limiting account to limited access for X amount of time due to x amount of warnings for example
Spam x 3 = 3 warning
3 warnings = 1 week limited access (can’t post or pm just view)
Of course with reason if there just scamming or being ridiculous then yeah ban them
I wouldn’t see this being anything immediate but definitely maybe in the future but I could be wrong again not 100% sure how the warning system that’s already in place works
 
We give warnings for minor violation that result in 1-3 points. Once a user gets 6 points they received a 3 day temp ban. After 30 days the warning expire and points are removed. The only way to get banned is if someone has a lot of violations in a short period of time.

Immediate bans are for either scamming or major abuse.
 
WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
Admin's opinion on Discord theme is clear, and i do agree with this, Discord is trouble and a waste of time, with trading on Discord you will continue to put the money into the scammer's pockets and there are no benefits for any of us. Sellers are not ones who care much about it as long they are not accused for scamming, but buyers are the real victims and trust me every dollar they give to your impersonator is less money for you. We are openly against Discord and my personal goal is to see one day Discord removed from this website. I will fight for it and i will talk against Discord whenever i can.

Our website chat is drastically improved, now we also have a mobile app where you can easily access your account and your private messages so Discord is not necessary anymore.
While i 100% agree with you about impersonators feeding off of it's current system, i (as a seller) and probably many more sellers, would lose significant amount of money in sales naturally if let's say mike tomorrow decides to ban every aspect of discord advertisement. Sad reality is that people are lazy, ain't nobody got time to register an account, it's just the fact. Most of the people that contact me through discord from my epicnpc ad don't even have registered account when i ask them for a feedback after a completed deal. So i have to guide them through. Oh also, theres this phone verification thing that you have to do, which i encourage everyone to verify but there's just some people that don't want to leave that information no matter what you say to them. (For example i would link them epicnpc's trustpilot page which has outstanding rating/score, and explain that the phone verification is simply put in place to fight against bots or duplicate accounts or suspicious activity) but as i said, no matter what you say to some people, they're just not willing to leave their personal info.

So to summarise, the current discord system sucks, no question about that. But it's the most convenient communication platform for regular gamers, people interested to buy, sell and trade. The same way we all know PayPal is one of the worst, if not the worst e-wallet. Yet everyone uses it, heck i'd say 90 to 95% of my buyers use PayPal simply because it's the most convenient one for them and i dont think it'll change anytime soon.

Making a button on the site to redirect them to discord to make sure you get the right person.

So why couldn't they message on EpicNPC and then a discord button wouldn't have to be made, thus also will ensure your speaking with the real person also


1648330253908.png


Yep, something like this i assume. That would be great.
 
Last edited:
Here is my suggestion:

Make warnings final. You get one and if you don't change anything then everything is fine from that point. Make a note or something that "if this thread is not edited then don't touch it"

It is a plague for us mass sellers, every now and then to have to edit 70+ threads, this is the 4th time that I have to edit all of my threads for mentioning that my gold is hand farmed, the funny thing is that I have gotten a warning and forced to edit them for the opposite of this, for NOT mentioning how my goods are farmed. After this edit, I will have to wait for a new mod to find something else wrong on my unchanged thread and do it for the fifth time.

I'm sorry that I rage but I hope you understand where the wrong with this is. Show us some mercy.
 
Make warnings final. You get one and if you don't change anything then everything is fine from that point. Make a note or something that "if this thread is not edited then don't touch it"
I don't understand what that means. You get a warning and don't have to do anything or fix anything? What's the point of having rules if we don't enforce them.

I'll be blunt, I don't care if you have to fix 70+ threads. Be honest with your customers and you won't have to edit 70+ threads. Claiming 100% of your gold is "hand farmed" when you're purchasing it from random players is not truthful. You have no way to guarantee it's hand farmed, so don't make that claim to begin with.

Members generally know when they're pushing the boundaries or bending rules and some don't care they're breaking them. It's our job to make sure we enforce the rules and if that means someone has to edit all their threads, then that's okay with me.

Transparency and honestly is what we'll continue to push. If you want to be in the group of bending rules, then you'll get warnings from time to time and have to edit your threads.
 
I don't understand what that means. You get a warning and don't have to do anything or fix anything? What's the point of having rules if we don't enforce them.

I'll be blunt, I don't care if you have to fix 70+ threads. Be honest with your customers and you won't have to edit 70+ threads. Claiming 100% of your gold is "hand farmed" when you're purchasing it from random players is not truthful. You have no way to guarantee it's hand farmed, so don't make that claim to begin with.

Members generally know when they're pushing the boundaries or bending rules and some don't care they're breaking them. It's our job to make sure we enforce the rules and if that means someone has to edit all their threads, then that's okay with me.

Transparency and honestly is what we'll continue to push. If you want to be in the group of bending rules, then you'll get warnings from time to time and have to edit your threads.

I won't answer regarding how my suppliers farm their gold although there are very solid ways to separate the good from the bad and my aim is to always do that so I'm doing my best, to be honest with my customers and this is reflected on my reputation.

However, I will say this, I have a private conversation with you where I ask you to check my thread copy and confirm that it's fine so that I avoid editing all of my threads again and you say that it's fine, I didn't change my threads since then and now you are telling me that I break the rules even though it was you who confirmed that it was fine.

I ask for a very simple thing, yes I edited all of them again, I obey the rules, but how can I know now that I won't see another warning in the future that will force me to do it again even though the threads are now "fixed"? this is unreal, is it that hard to check the entire thread copy and confirm that it is fine forever?

Say something like, fix this, this, and this, and be done forever.

I honestly don't understand this policy but I'm pretty sure a new mod will find something else wrong and force me to do it again, if one gets creative, he can find many reasons. Not sure if this is some sort of secret forum policy.
 
Last edited:
Hey I'd just like to make some suggestions to the trade guardian service.

There should be a list when you click on the trade guardian menu link at the top that shows all the available middlemen that are online and ready to help, It should also be made known that random people (?) can join and talk in the actual Trade Guardian chat box. that is how I got scammed because I thought there was no possible way someone who isnt an official member could talk in the Trade Guardian chat.

Thank you.
1650322284019.png
 
Say something like, fix this, this, and this, and be done forever.
While I can understand your perspective here @kugogizo, keep in mind It takes a lot of time to review content, things can be missed and noticed at a later date or sometimes new rules are added or changed. If you have concerns around a warning you received from a mod, you can always open a support ticket and a Admin will review. That being said, it is ultimately up to you to keep current and be familiar with forum rules. If you are unsure about your content, feel free to ask before posting.
 
Hey I'd just like to make some suggestions to the trade guardian service.

There should be a list when you click on the trade guardian menu link at the top that shows all the available middlemen that are online and ready to help, It should also be made known that random people (?) can join and talk in the actual Trade Guardian chat box. that is how I got scammed because I thought there was no possible way someone who isnt an official member could talk in the Trade Guardian chat.

Thank you.
the reason they do not make it known, is they do not want to encourage scammers doing this. All middleman have badges next to there name and have colored names. different colors like blue, red etc depending on their other positions here. no middleman is in grey. none of us have middleman in our name or other words like official.

And also the list of online middleman does not help buyers too too much. Not all middleman can do every game, they may be in the middle of other transactions and busy, or not really online. I login to check messages, so it will flag me as online but I am no where near available.
 
the reason they do not make it known, is they do not want to encourage scammers doing this. All middleman have badges next to there name and have colored names. different colors like blue, red etc depending on their other positions here. no middleman is in grey. none of us have middleman in our name or other words like official.

And also the list of online middleman does not help buyers too too much. Not all middleman can do every game, they may be in the middle of other transactions and busy, or not really online. I login to check messages, so it will flag me as online but I am no where near available.
Okay, I understand. But I still think it should be made known that buyers can add random people to the chat (In this case it was his second account) Or just outright don't allow people other than official middleman to be added to the chat.

For the sake of people as dumb as me to fall for such an obvious trick.
 
Okay, I understand. But I still think it should be made known that buyers can add random people to the chat (In this case it was his second account) Or just outright don't allow people other than official middleman to be added to the chat.

For the sake of people as dumb as me to fall for such an obvious trick.
I agree I had already mentioned this when i ran into a transaction like this. I hope its on the to do list
 
WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
While I can understand your perspective here @kugogizo, keep in mind It takes a lot of time to review content, things can be missed and noticed at a later date or sometimes new rules are added or changed. If you have concerns around a warning you received from a mod, you can always open a support ticket and a Admin will review. That being said, it is ultimately up to you to keep current and be familiar with forum rules. If you are unsure about your content, feel free to ask before posting.
It's ok a mod told me that it was a new rule. If reviewing is not enough then a thread template would help us to avoid what is not allowed and also a notification about when it is updated and a deadline to change our content, a template that would describe what is forbidden and how we should write the message. I checked the forum rules after the warning and nowhere is mentioned that saying that your gold is handfarmed is forbidden for resellers, what do you want me to expect when this is the most common thing everyone says on all other platforms? I could never imagine it's not allowed. In the end, we are doing marketing, it's easy to say something that you may consider wrong if we don't have something that will act as a guide. I had no intention to break any rule. Now I'm trying to make my threads as generic as possible but then again you might find something else wrong and I have no way to know, eg. you may consider other terms such as "cheap" or "safe" invalid because they can't be proven or because they could be misleading, you see where this pursuit of correctness leads.

To be honest, I have never experienced so much correctness on other platforms, I don't know what's the point of it, it looks weird, I don't believe you are fixing anything with these rules and usually when you follow such systems then you will never end until you have restricted everything so in some way they are pointless. This market has a huge problem with liars, scammers, price abuses, and dupers. It's not like that I hate what you are doing or that it bothers me much, it doesn't really affect my sales, on the contrary, I'm having success with this platform, it's just weird, that's it.

Do you want true Transparency and honesty?

Force all the sellers to show their prices and real stock at their titles and create filters for them, ban anyone who is lying about his stock (hiding your price is already a HUGE layer of subtlety that it's allowed here that some abuse for crazy huge margins)
Force them to trade through the trade guardian with the rates mentioned in their threads (disallow all social contact methods like all other platforms)
Allow them to have 1-2 threads max at the entire website for selling purposes only and force them to sell on very few servers only for multiserver games (this will kill all of the resellers without harming the farmers)
Create an intermediary that will allow buyers/sellers to use the platform to pay for the goods and force them to pay a decent fee
Remove the option for feedback without a proven completed transaction through the trade guardian
Remove all types of marketing words such as cheap, safe, previous sales numbers, and so on that can't be proven either, and allow them to say "I sell x gold on x server" only, Disallow expensive branding too and force them all to advertise the same way.
Have a feedback cap at a low number of vouches or make feedback resets every now and then so that the new sellers can compete easier
Create a minimum price cap for each game that you deem fair so that the sellers don't undersell their work or are exploited by resellers or are getting undercut by botters/dupers (you can place price expert mods on every forum for this)
Disallow them to sell to a reseller and ban anyone who is a proven reseller

There you go, then you will be called, the soviet republic of epicnpc, the forum will be a haven for farmers and buyers, however, I don't know how many will use it and how much money you will make, I can guarantee though that the quality will be high and "honest". If you want to remove anything that is unfair, dishonest, and competitive then you may as well go all the way to the end.

In my opinion, a more appropriate way to deal with "dishonest" statements would be something like "epicnpc is not responsible for anything that the sellers say neither can confirm it is the truth" aka similar to what you are doing with discord and trade guardian. It would be more consistent with your liberal image so far. You can't be both a communist and a liberal. It's not like you can prevent me from saying that my gold is handfarmed because the customers usually ask for this info privately and much more than that so it makes little sense to have this rule in place yet allow private communication through other social platforms. Overall, the real problem of the customers are scammers, bad/slow support from some sellers, and failure to find someone at their preferred price and stock quickly, these are real issues they are facing and all of them are byproducts of dishonesty. Duping/illegal gold is also an issue in some games for them but finding someone who is trying not to deliver them such gold is better than someone who is not, so such statements in the thread might be beneficial in the end. Even if I farmed the gold myself, there would still be no guarantee that I don't use a bot or a cheat and in fact, most farmers who do this professionally use these tools to survive. The other ones don't stay in the market for long. As a default, all of my suppliers mention that they farm their gold legally. As you can see everything is subjective, you have no way to know if my gold is legal or not.

This is just an opinion, I'm not meant to offend anyone, I'm not a forum expert by any means.
 
Last edited:
However, I will say this, I have a private conversation with you where I ask you to check my thread copy and confirm that it's fine so that I avoid editing all of my threads again and you say that it's fine, I didn't change my threads since then and now you are telling me that I break the rules even though it was you who confirmed that it was fine.
March 9th is the last I viewed your thread and said your edit was okay. You received 2 more warnings since then. If you disagree with either, please open a support ticket here and they will be reviewed. This is a "suggestion" thread, so I won't review that here.
https://www.epicnpc.com/misc/contact

There should be a list when you click on the trade guardian menu link at the top that shows all the available middlemen that are online and ready to help, It should also be made known that random people (?) can join and talk in the actual Trade Guardian chat box. that is how I got scammed because I thought there was no possible way someone who isnt an official member could talk in the Trade Guardian chat.
There is no way for a random user to join a TG chat. Only buyer, seller and MM can enter the chat. The image you posted is a "purchase request" between the buyer and seller. Instructions are posted at the top. A "purchase request" is when a buyer wants to purchase an item from a seller. They must agree to a price first, then a TG transaction will be created and a MM will join.

In your case the scammer posted fake instructions and you followed them. Only messages from the "Epicnpc bot" are official.

"Purchase Requests" are not Trade Guardian transactions. They are simply a chat to agree to a sale price. Once a price is agreed to a Trade Guardian transaction is created. I'm sorry, you need to read the instructions if you don't know how it works.
 
If you have a suggestion on a feature you'd like to see added to the forums please make it below. I will then reply to it and if it's a good one it will be added to the to-do list.
Make a separate forum for Dank Memer, I have good reviews on my thread because of which I can't delete it anymore. Now my thread keeps going down on dank memer tags and nobody sees my thread anymore. Please help.
 
If a thread has immunity it can't be outbid and you have to wait until the expiration date to see what happens.

If they renew at the normal price, you can immediately outbid them after the expiration date. However you'll have to wait 1 month before your sticky starts.

If they renew by purchasing a 3 or 6 month immunity plan, then they will keep their immunity.

If they don't renew at all, then the spot will become available on the expiration date.
 
Back
Top