EpicNPC Marketplace

Register a free account today to become a member! Then start trading, buying or selling with other members using our secure Trade Guardian middleman system.

Chargeback from user Bossaert178

Dispute Type
Scam Accusation

Neoex

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
96   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Dispute Against
Bossaert178
Good morning. I completed a transaction with EpicNPC user Bossaert178 located at this thread:

https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/elf...is-udug-5-5-malig-dayybreak-22x-mast.1591915/

I have been a member of EpicNPC for 8 years with 100% positive feedback 81 documented on EpicNPC and thousands documented on other websites.

As documented positive feedback was left for myself. This morning a paypal dispute was opened against me for the purchase of the account in the amount of $1,800. I can post redacted pictures if necessary.

My terms and conditions of the FFXI account sale are posted publicly on my website http://accountswappers.com/faqs.php and additionally posted on the paypal invoice that he agreed to and paid.

quoted here for convenience:

Q: What are the risks in buying a FFXI account?

A: Although, We take great effort to insure the accounts we sell are of good standing and the information I have is accurate and will NEVER be recalled. We cannot control Square Enix, nor can we control the Original Owners actions. There is some inherent risk to buying an account. 99% of the time nothing ever comes of it. You buy the account you enjoy and play until eternity. However, there is risk involved, We are not responsible for OO’s future actions on the account. There is no return/refund policy on any accounts. Anyone who tells you an account is 100% safe that you buy is just trying to make the sale, we do not believe in that type of business at Accountswappers

Bosseart178 is asserting that the account has been recalled, without any proof anything of the sort has actually happened. He has shown an email of which he got from Square Enix saying the account information changed.. This proves absolutely nothing happened other than someone updated the account information. It could of been him? It could of been someone he sold it to? It could of been someone he let borrow the account? There are tons of possibilities..

In addition to these unfounded claims of a recall, the Original Owner of this account (whom I bought the account from is a well regarded member of these forums) https://www.epicnpc.com/members/baxterryan.545892/

I attempted to communicate with Bossaert to help "put together the pieces" of what problem he could be having however he was more interested in just filing a chargeback via Paypal. If Bossart is truly have an issue with the account as he is asserting, I feel for him and I wanted to help him even though it was communicated I have no responsibility to do any "digging", knowing the Original owner I was 100% confident that this would be and could be solved amicably, however based on his responses and actions, I would suggest (without Evidence) there is something nefarious going on. I have done business with the Original Owner several times over 3 years without issue.

TLDR& My terms and conditions that Bossaert178 agreed to explicitly state there is NO warranty/guarantee of any kind on FFXI Accounts, as such I have met all my obligations of our transaction as documented by the feedback left. Regardless if the account was banned/resold/password forgotten/still in possession of buyer/recalled, none of these can be controlled by myself and none of which would necessitate a chargeback based on our agreement

Asking for whatever outcome epicnpc deems for stealing $1800 from someone.

ip hash: fa6cd786a14125d332d981

Neoex

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
96   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Additional evidence (not that it should matter) that a recall did not take place is that the customer support to do a recall Live Chat/Phone call is not even available. I would suggest that a recall during the time asserted is actually impossible.
COVID-19 Update: Temporary Closure of Customer Support (Mar. 20): Follow-up 2020/03/23 16:00 from SQUARE ENIX Support Center

Update on Temporary Support Closures

Thanks to the hard work of several teams throughout our organization, we have increased the number of staff that are able to work from home in order to expand our customer support in North America. This should restore some support avenues that were temporarily unavailable, reduce the delays in receiving support, and ensure that the support teams are minimally impacted by these disruptions.

Available Support:
Support Center Email Correspondence
In-Game Support Helpdesk Correspondence

Temporarily Unavailable Support:
Support Center Live Chat
Support Center Phone Calls

In-Game Game Master (GM) Contacts

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time as we continue to work to improve the level of support we offer. We will continue to update you as the situation develops.
Recalls

Neoex

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
96   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Information
######################
Purchase Date: 4/07/2020
Date the problem begain: Chargeback issues 4/26
Method of Contact Used (chat progam): EpicNPC PM

Other information:

DISPUTE Information
######################
Link of transaction thread (URL, Epicnpc thread): https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/elf...is-udug-5-5-malig-dayybreak-22x-mast.1591915/
Approximate value of property: $1800 USD
Was Trade Guardian used? No
If yes, what is the Trade Guardian ID?

What is the dispute about?

Other details / notes:

Proof
######################

dispute.JPG

Baxterryan

Banned
BANNED - Do not buy, sell or trade with this user.
60   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Reason - Failed to resolve - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/chargeback-from-user-bossaert178.1604802/
Good morning,

I was contacted by Neo this morning, informing me about one of my account having an issue. This was the first time that I heard about it. He stated that the account in question was recalled. I assured Neo that I did not recall the account. I have done numerous transactions on Epic and never had an issue with any of my accounts. I am the original owner of the account and I have no problem in assisting with recovery of the account. Like Neo said, I have done numerous transaction with him, along with a few other respected members on this website and have never encountered any issue.

ip hash: a5b2f4a00af6d2cd373141

Angel

Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Super Moderator
51   0   0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
ip hash: 4bcfe6d9d6813d0e94772d

Angel

Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Super Moderator
51   0   0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Email notified

Bossaert178

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
12   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I've had this account for 17 days. You tell me how paying 1800.00 for 17 days is justified. This seller may have great feedback and yes I have used his services many times before but he has offered nothing to fix the issue.
I have never used any kind of 3rd party program or given information to anyone.

ip hash: 74af47f31c2f2528f54de7

Baxterryan

Banned
60   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Reason - Failed to resolve - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/chargeback-from-user-bossaert178.1604802/
I will be standing-by and wait for an agreement between Neo and Bossaert before I proceed with attempting an account recall.

Neoex

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
96   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I was trying to propose this solution from the start, even though I was not obligated to help, Bossart just flew off the handle and started filing dispute with Paypal before anyone even had a chance to get the parties together.

At this point I am 100% fine with Baxter contacting SE to see what is going on because right now, I am out both account and $1800. So I think I am the one most impacted.

Baxterryan

Banned
60   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I tried contacting SE. I called them but they have a generic answering system that they are on holiday hours. I thought their chat was open, but when you hit submit it just says they are closed. I ended up sending an email, and their system generated a trouble ticket. Once I hear something, I will let everyone know.

Attachments

Bossaert178

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
12   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Want to add this is the email I get after trying to use the forgot password. Someone has changed the email that was on the account as well.
ffxi email.png

ip hash: 74af47f31c2f2528f54de7

Baxterryan

Banned
60   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I been checking my email regularly and I have not received anything from them. I suspect that It will take a while before I hear anything from them due to their office being shutdown from Covid-19. As soon as I hear something I will update everyone.

Attachments

Neoex

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
96   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Just to mention to staff, as i posted up above, what Baxterryan says about support also would stand for any type of recall, which makes the chance that a recall happened nearly impossible, since SE was shutdown during this time.

Baxterryan

Banned
60   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Still nothing from SE. I will continue checking to see if anything comes through.

Neoex

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
96   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
While this is bad news for me ultimately,(SE will probably eventually reply) I want to point out this furthers the point that a recall could not of actually taken place. How can you recall an account if you cannot contact the video game?

Bossaert178

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
12   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Thank you for the update. Regardless of the fact if we can get the account back I have no problem giving any funds that gets returned.

ip hash: 98dd30133422e76b0b3ab5

Baxterryan

Banned
60   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I still haven’t heard anything from them. I will wait until the weekend is over before I submit another trouble ticket.

ip hash: 2c49f08a5e5558439d9261

Angel

Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Super Moderator
51   0   0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Any update?

Baxterryan

Banned
60   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Nope nothing. It’s been a week since I submitted a trouble ticket. I will be submitting another one today.

ip hash: faee874a12ab60c90476f1

Neoex

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
96   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
All my original points from page 1 still stand. Bossaert has proved nothing, and all we have found is that Square Enix has been non-responsive to support on accounts based on Baxterryans posts and their own posts saying chat and phone support functions are not available right now. Furthering that a recall could not of happened. Bossart still has a $1800 paypal dispute against me