• We do NOT investigate off-site disputes. EpicNPC does NOT use Discord. We only investigate disputes if Trade Guardian is used.

Official Suggestion thread - help make EpicNPC a better marketplace

-r00t-

Verified
A member who submitted an ID card.
EpicMember Upgrade
A member that has upgraded their account.
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc.
Country
United Kingdom
Multiple Accounts
I love the new rank bandes and images but, Some new users might not have an idea what those Images are. They just look like badges probably a text that would show up when someone hovers t the images or badges like " Verified " etc.

This will be implemented within the next few days. :)

jeromiz

Trusted
Verified ID, 50+ feedback, member 1+ year.
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Philippines
Multiple Accounts

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
Superb job! :D

P.S: There is a slight bug when choosing to 'Quote' a reply on various Threads.
Sometimes when you Quote a reply, it will not let you press the space bar on your keyboard.

This is a bug specific to Chrome browers. If you click the A/A icon in the tool bar it will fix it, but we'll try to implement a fix for it also in the near future.

BananaJoe

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Germany
Multiple Accounts
When you temp. ban someone then please give others some additional info about why they got banned. People just see the word banned and they are immediately scared off.

ELKIDO

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Serbia
Multiple Accounts
OK i got a serious suggestion, im not sure why no one came up with this before. Ok so here it goes. I have more than 400 threads. Some of which have high amount of comments and views. They are made long ago and they are buried at the 7th page on "latest started threads" list. So if i need to get to that thread i have to scroll my but off to find it. Than i just make a comment to the thread so it bumps it on "my activity" page. So its easy reachable for me. And than after some time as i make new threads and bump old ones it gets buried again on the 7th page. And than i have to do it all over again. And im not talking about one thread here. I talk about 4-5 at least.
Im sure people will find it great if they can choose which of their threads they want to have quick access to. Dont get me wrong. Recent activity page is great and works as it should. Possible solution to my issue would be to make a new tab, for example in the middle of "recent activity" and "feedback" tab. Name it, for example" Sticky threads " or something like that. Basically users will be able to choose threads that they want to be visible in that tab always without disappearing and getting replaced with other threads. This option would make my life so much easier as im sure other users will agree.

Now tell me this aint good idea? Im not sure if this is even possible to accomplish tho :) I tried to explain the best i can, let me know what you think:)

Last edited:

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
We already added a system so members can easily keep track and received notifications for all of their important threads.

At the top right of all your threads there is a "bookmark" icon (yellow). If you click that it will ask you what type of notifications you want to receive when someone replies to the thread.

These threads will then appear on your subscription page where you can view info like views, replies, last post and also manage your notifications for all the threads.
https://www.epicnpc.com/subscription.php (in the top menu, Tools > Subscribed Threads)

The 8 most recent active threads will also appear in the sidebar for quick access.

Very useful feature, but if you have any suggestions on improvements to it once you start using it, please let me know.

Keiichi

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
BANNED - Do not buy, sell or trade with this user.
Country
Japan
Multiple Accounts
Warning: Trade with Caution
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/keiichi-owes-me-fees-i-hope-he-is-okay-cool-dude.1433002/
I don't know if this could be added but if a member visits another members profile (and their time-zone is set under settings)
The buyer could see what the current local time is at the sellers location, depending on which country he/she is from so that way it could be easier to imagine when both parts could be online at same time in a possible deal.

For example, it's morning at where person X lives and it's evening where the person Y lives, because of the time-zones.
Most likely people are online daytime and up until late evening.

Yes, you could check it over internet (google) aswell if you go under Location Info and copy/paste the country/city that is showed but for my suggestion it would be a faster way to check that up if you visit the members profile or enable the chat.

Most times the local time are displayed on Skype but there is probably members who prefer using EpicNPC inbuild chat system when making a sale/purchase and doesn't use Skype.

No idea if this idea could could ever be enabled but hey just an idea worth suggesting.

I'm sorry if this suggestion didn't come out good.

Last edited:

Cecile28

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Country
France
Multiple Accounts
Hi,
Can we improve the I-trader system?
I often leave feedback after a sell/trade.
I currently left 54 feedbacks to users and only recieved 42 wich is quite borring...
Can we make a system like: when someone recieved a feedback, he HAVE (like phone authentificator) or daily recieved an auto-PM awnsering him to rate the trade?

Thanks

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
When someone gets feedbacks, they already get a notification saying they received feedback and a link to give feedback to the other user. We can add another notification to ask again incase the user doesn't give one, but it might be a while before we get to this.

Keiichi

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Japan
Multiple Accounts
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/keiichi-owes-me-fees-i-hope-he-is-okay-cool-dude.1433002/
Yes it's a very good idea. A second notification as a reminder what the member expects a feedback from a successful transaction.

Cecile28

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Country
France
Multiple Accounts
Another good update would be to be able to mention @Member :)

Keiichi

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Japan
Multiple Accounts
Another good update would be to be able to mention @Member :)

Yeah true that! When you want to mention another members name in a post then you could write down @Member and it gets highlighted, right?

Usually when I post in a random thread I always write down their username first but if we did @Member it would be highlighted automatically.

Last edited:

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
I've been contemplating adding that, but though it might not be needed for a martkeplace community like this., but if members want it we can add it in the near future.

The Integrity

Middleman
Approved Middleman for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Global Moderator
Country
Serbia
The search option in conversations is very inefficient.

- I can't search for PMs from a certain user by typing their username.
- It also seems it's not possible to search for titles of PMs.

It only searches in the contents of the messages and can sometimes be extremely hard to find something if you don't remember the exact words you used.

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
Yes, I don't like the search for conversations either. We're going to have an update to conversations later this year, probably 2-3 months from now, so that will be changed then.

ComicArtBay

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
North Macedonia
Multiple Accounts
Well, if we gonna make epicnpc great again here are some suggestions :D

Add badges to sellers, like 3 years in boosting/selling of any kind, 5 years in selling and so on, it will make customers more comfortable bying from such sellers, (ebay has badges for like powerseller, top rated and so on, it really looks cool). Be careful here tho, if you plan to automate this by reading data of how many rep/month a seller receives i dont think thats quite the way to go coz like 1 out of 20 customers bothers to leave review on epicnpc, and half the people that do it need like 5 minutes to find how to. perhaps read thread replies or something like that, thats far more reliable coz most customers got no problem with replying to thread.

Each badge should link to a post where it explains something like:
"Selling 5+ Years on epicnpc:
These are sellers that were with us from the very beggining, they constantly deliver on their work and customers should have no issues trusting these sellers as hardly anyone would risk losing their long established business over a single order.

as opposed to 1 year badge:
These are relatively new sellers compared to 5 y old so be sure to check on their feedback and forum replies. Although very few new sellers would try harming their customers, most of trading on epicnpc is safe and if any problems occur you can always report in said sections (insert link)."

on a 2nd thought that link for reports should be included in all x+ years on epicnpc posts as to not be missleading and suggestive.

Obviously this is just an example but it can be really helpful to new customers, although at first it might seem degrading to new sellers it shouldnt. the 1 y old sellers post can simply say they are newer but it can also inclued some text of how sometimes new sellers outperform old sellers and and fresh blood is always wellcomed, the texts i included are just short drafts to get the overal idea...

Also, perhaps add number of games in which seller works, again to increase customers security.

also implement badges for the different kind of services:
powerleveler
account trader
currency exhanger
coaching...

Last edited:

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
That would be a lot of new badges. Can you post a screenshot of these year badges on ebay? I can't seem to find any sellers that have them.

All profiles have "Join Date" info already included, so I'm not sure how useful adding these year badges will be since this info is already available.

I think it might be a little overwhelming to include yearly badges, then more badges for the types of services sellers offer. It could become confusing to new members if everyone had 3-10 badges on their account.

I was planning on updating the current badges with new popup info boxes that provides more info about each badge, so that should help with the current confusion.

We're also going to update feedback this year again. The update last year made it a little easier, but we're still getting complaints, so there will be another update for this later this year.

ComicArtBay

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
North Macedonia
Multiple Accounts
That would be a lot of new badges. Can you post a screenshot of these year badges on ebay? I can't seem to find any sellers that have them.

All profiles have "Join Date" info already included, so I'm not sure how useful adding these year badges will be since this info is already available.

I think it might be a little overwhelming to include yearly badges, then more badges for the types of services sellers offer. It could become confusing to new members if everyone had 3-10 badges on their account.

I was planning on updating the current badges with new popup info boxes that provides more info about each badge, so that should help with the current confusion.

We're also going to update feedback this year again. The update last year made it a little easier, but we're still getting complaints, so there will be another update for this later this year.

no ebay doesnt have "year old" badges, but they got badges for power seller, and top rated seller, so i thought we implement something similar, it will be one badge that willc change after 1 year, 3 years, 5 years and so on :D Yeah having join date kinda makes this obsolete but still thought it will be helpful, many people even today come to our skype and ask how can i know u wont steal my **** :D

as for number of badges, can be only 3 types
1 type = years in service
2nd type = number of games (can be like small symbol like 6 games, and display text seller works in 6 games on hower)
and the third type can be a badge that can look like a clover leaf or a hexagon with each field being filled or empty depending on what kind of seller it is so the possible fields can be:

boosting
account trading
currency trading
coaching

and i am kinda sleepy now but u get the idea, smth like this
http://www.excellup.com/classnine/mathnine/mathnineimage/9quadri2.GIF
with fields being filled or left mepty depending on type of service provided
or with check vs x marks on said fields works too...

and yes probably most important, new users go through hell to leave rep sometimes, it should really be as simple as commenting on thread, it is a real hustle atm for new users afaik.

Last edited:

MogVendor

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Unsure if the higher usergroups have this restriction lifted, since I cannot seem to find it saying that anywhere, but currently there is a restriction on how much feedback someone can leave a day, I feel that discourages selling some services. I couldn't leave 1 of my buyers feedback today, that made me a bit sad faced.

So, suggestion would be to at least increase that limit to 5, unless another group already has an increase.

Thank you!

The Integrity

Middleman
Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Global Moderator
Country
Serbia
When someone adds a comment to an existing feedback, you receive a broken PM.

7879.png

Happened before, but I didn't know what caused it last time.

When someone just adds a comment, the type of feedback (positive/negative/neutral) is not there, so the array containing the parameters is missing the first value.

Last edited:

Kreindal

Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Banned - banned on mpgh - Kreindal + PP chargeback
Don't really know if this would be a good thing or a bad thing, just seems like something I would use daily.

Any possibility we could have a Chatbox? Not sure what else you would call it.

If you don't know what it is, its something like this.
5IYPzV8.png

Shoutbox.jpg
Found this image online as an example!

The only issue with this is people spamming there marketplace stuff, but that's why we have Mods, am I right?
emo12.png

Last edited:

doomedtofail

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Had it. It was mostly spam and high server load and had to be removed.

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
We had the chat for a while and it caused more problems then it did good.

1) lots of spam, flaming and complaints
2) very hard to enforce rules
3) very hard to investigate scams that took place in the chat

It created a lot of work for the mods and admins, while creating very little benefit to members. We have no plans to introduce another chat, most likely ever. Sorry.

CarterNPC

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Country
Canada
Multiple Accounts
When we click give feedback in the private message we receive when someone leaves us a feedback, the feedback page should be filled out with the deal url etc

AngelNPC

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Okay guys lets put our heads together. How can we turn these guests into registered members? Let's hear what you've got!
But these two cannot be suggestions.

1. Cannot give new members any free registering Credits.
2. Will not lock any threads from guests being able to view.

We need to figure out a different way to turn these 600 online guests viewing, into 600 members, without.. forcing them to, if you will.

But how..?

Last edited:

ELKIDO

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Serbia
Multiple Accounts
[MENTION=374005]AngelNPC[/MENTION]
Implement giant banner that is shown only to guests and that clearly states how important it is to register. Improved security, safety, you will be more trusted since ur verified, that it takes 2 minutes to register etc etc. Put a giant register button. And thats it.
On the side note i got a sweet idea that shouldnt be too much trouble to implement. Basically Feedback badge. make like 4 badges, on 100,200,500,1k feedbacks. Next badge always replaces the previous one so it wont be messed up. Example.

100 FB- lvl 1 badge (give it some cool name)
200 FB- Lvl 2 badge (replace the first badge,again some cool name)
and so on.

Of course you can think out about the milestones. it can be 200,300,500,1k or however you find it fitting.
Just add it to the current badge system with a mouse hover text.
This shouldnt be hard to implement?
What do you think?

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
Many members have suggested adding more badges for various things like feedback or for members that have been registered for 1, 2, 3, etc years. Things like that.

Adding more badges makes things confusing for new members. Many members already have 4-5 badges and if we add more and people start have 6, 7, 8 different badges, it's becomes too much info for new members to handle. I would prefer to keep things simpler with less badges.

The other idea of creating a banner or maybe some sort of popup for guest to register is a good idea. We'll look into that and try to add it in the near future.

ELKIDO

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Serbia
Multiple Accounts
Pop up would be too invasive in my opinion. Regarding feedback you can probably remove phone authenticator badge as it is irrelevant for people who are viewing your profile. Anyway just thought i should bring it up, didnt know it was suggested already.

AngelNPC

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
[MENTION=431149]elkido[/MENTION]
I agree the authenticator badge may be a bit irrelevant.
I also agree a popup to Guests staying "Get access to this stuff (security, etc) when you become a member!" would not be too invasive.
Im working on thinking of some ideas and will get back to here soon :)

Aria Company

Trusted
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
On the side note i got a sweet idea that shouldnt be too much trouble to implement. Basically Feedback badge. make like 4 badges, on 100,200,500,1k feedbacks. Next badge always replaces the previous one so it wont be messed up. Example.

100 FB- lvl 1 badge (give it some cool name)
200 FB- Lvl 2 badge (replace the first badge,again some cool name)
and so on.

Of course you can think out about the milestones. it can be 200,300,500,1k or however you find it fitting.
Just add it to the current badge system with a mouse hover text.
This shouldnt be hard to implement?
What do you think?

The existence of the "Trusted" badge for having 50 FB is enough, as the marginal benefit from each additional FB decreases as the number of FB a user has increases. Thus, there's no need to have a badge to represent certain milestones in feedback count when one can just look at that user's FB/vouch count. Given two users with 50 and 500 FB, there's a negligible difference, if any, in the probability of them performing a negative action like scamming someone.

Last edited:

The Integrity

Middleman
Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Global Moderator
Country
Serbia
The existence of the "Trusted" badge for having 50 FB is enough, as the marginal benefit from each additional FB decreases as the number of FB a user has increases. Thus, there's no need to have a badge to represent certain milestones in feedback count when one can just look at that user's FB/vouch count. Given two users with 50 and 500 FB, there's a negligible difference, if any, in the probability of them performing a negative action like scamming someone.
I disagree.

If I remember correctly, majority of high repped members who I've seen cash out their rep, were between 50 and 200. I remember only one who had around ~270, but he came back after a few months and repaid it.
Don't remember seeing anyone above 300 who turned into a scammer.

There's actually a pretty big difference between 50 and 500 feedback.
Having multiple levels on the trusted badge is not really a bad idea. As long as every level upgrades the previous one, members can still have 6 maximum badges.

Aria Company

Trusted
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
I disagree.

If I remember correctly, majority of high repped members who I've seen cash out their rep, were between 50 and 200. I remember only one who had around ~270, but he came back after a few months and repaid it.
Don't remember seeing anyone above 300 who turned into a scammer.

There's actually a pretty big difference between 50 and 500 feedback.
Having multiple levels on the trusted badge is not really a bad idea. As long as every level upgrades the previous one, members can still have 6 maximum badges.

Hmm, I should have picked another number besides 50, since that's about the point at which someone getting the Trusted rank with the aim of scamming people would choose to scam at.
I might also be looking at it from the PoV of a programmer; on the RuneScape/MapleStory botting forums I frequent, programming ability has a much larger impact on trustworthiness than # of vouches/feedback.

I suppose it could be possible to have different colors for the checkmark within the Trusted badge (i.e. bronze -> gold)

theendless

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Canada
Multiple Accounts
Hi, I am wondering if my post was removed just now? I am pretty sure I posted on this thread about an hour ago.

-r00t-

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Country
United Kingdom
Multiple Accounts
@EpicNPC I have a small suggestion for the Thread Post Profiles.

I was thinking of something that looks a little bit cleaner than a circle next to our usernames.

a0600644d2f54e4bd0d67e606a648a34.png
e331bdd92923ef48b4b9d689f2109098.png

This is just a suggestion and something that I decided I would mess around with whilst I wasn't doing anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Firstly, I would like to point out that this was made as an idea and to be added to the Announcements Page if needed.

I can make a Custom Template if it's something that would be used.​

[HIDE=5]
bde8d41aa7742992c7e3df32f51c18e5.png

Official Usergroups for our Staff & Community Members.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Important: Do NOT contact Members of Staff on how to become part of the Team!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information about Staff Recruitment's will be posted below.

https://www.epicnpc.com/forums/41-EpicNPC-News-Announcement

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrator

admin.png

Staff Member

Here to help. Contact if you have any questions.

https://www.epicnpc.com/showgroups.php

-------------------------------------------------------

Super Moderator

superrmoderator.png

Staff Member

Local Forum Mod

forum-mod%20copy.png

Staff Member

Former Mod

forum-mod2.png

Used to be a Moderator on EpicNPC. Stepped down on good terms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epic Member

epic-member.png

Upgraded Member.

Membership Upgrade that provides additional perks.

https://www.epicnpc.com/infocenter/upgrades.html

------------------------------------------------------------

Epic Member Premium

premium.png

Upgraded Members with 20+ Positive Feedback.

Membership upgrade that provides additional perks.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Verified

verified.png

Upgraded Members who have verified there identity with us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Trust Who Verified

twhoverified.png

Expired Upgrade.

Old verified Membership. Discontinued, but user is still considered verified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pro Seller

seller2.png

Large seller, normally with their own website or business.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Protected Members

auth-enabled.png

Phone Authentication Enabled.

Enable Double-Login Authentication to fully protect your EpicNPC Account.
It's recommended that all Members add this to their Account no matter what usergroup they're in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trusted Upgrade

trusted.png

Our most Trusted usergroup. Members are Verified,
have 50+ Positive Feedback, and have been a Member for over a year.

Members who meet these requirements receive this badge:

EpicNP Verified Member
Has 50+ Positive Feedback with 100% Rating
Member for 1 year
200+ Posts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're not sure about an Upgrade or would like to talk to someone,
then please navigate to this Forum:
https://www.epicnpc.com/forums/58-Help

bde8d41aa7742992c7e3df32f51c18e5.png

All Rights Reserved. Layout By - @AAX
[/HIDE]

The text at the bottom can be removed if needed.

I noticed that there wasn't one available, so I went out of my way to make one as an idea.

Last edited:

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
I agree, the online/offline indicator can use some updating, we'll try to get to that in the near future.

However I'm not sure if badge list is needed. Our upgrade page already lists most of the badges, it just needs some updating.

Plus when you hover over a badge, there's a description, so I don't think another thread listing them is needed, but I appreciate the effort. Thanks for the suggestions.

Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
maybe an email icon could be added? Along with the skype, discord, facebook, etc. that shows under your name in a post. I've seen a few posts where people just contact through email.