- Rating
- 5.00 star(s)
- Country
- United States
- Multiple Accounts
- 0
This may not be a wide spread error, but I can see threads in moderator forums in my sidebar as "active threads"

Global ModeratorSame here, probably bugged for Former Moderator role.This may not be a wide spread error, but I can see threads in moderator forums in my sidebar as "active threads"
Global Moderator
MiddlemanYou can'tHow do I mark all side bar messaged as read on ios interface?
AdministratorThis is not a feature. Threads will not appear as new when they're bumped. Only when a new reply is made in the thread.it used to show the latest bumped threads in order
but the order is in random now
The 'Recently Visited' tab does not produce alerts (red counter). When a forum has a new thread, it will simply show a "NEW" icon next to the forum title.not getting alerts nor getting them in my sidebar, notifications from watched forums not appearing
You're an ex-mod, so you have a few threads on your list you no longer have permission to view. We'll have to make an update to remove those types of threads.happens when i try to mark thread as read
You do not have permission to view
Investigating
Can yall stop investigating and just undo everything from the past month? This is just dumb...why are you guys wasting energy on this?This is not a feature. Threads will not appear as new when they're bumped. Only when a new reply is made in the thread.
The 'Recently Visited' tab does not produce alerts (red counter). When a forum has a new thread, it will simply show a "NEW" icon next to the forum title.
You're an ex-mod, so you have a few threads on your list you no longer have permission to view. We'll have to make an update to remove those types of threads.
Investigating
AdministratorSounds great! I'm pumped. But until then...? I think it's been like 2-3 weeks since I've even seen the side barThe sidebar will become the main activity hub for members. We have plans to integrate chat alerts into it as well so that members can track their threads and chats in one location. For now, there still appears to be a few issues, but they will be corrected shortly.
AdministratorThis has been fixed. All active threads should now appear.
This has been fixed. Threads will no longer be listed if a user does not have permission to view them.happens when i try to mark thread as read
You do not have permission to view
I haven't had a side bar at all since this thread opened. Is it just the app?This has been fixed. All active threads should now appear.
This has been fixed. Threads will no longer be listed if a user does not have permission to view them.
All known issues have been fixed. If you find anything else, please post here.
MiddlemanMark all as read?All known issues have been fixed. If you find anything else, please post here.
AdministratorWe'll consider adding this, but I'm not sure it's needed.
Is the feature where threads are sorted by latest bump or reply intended to be removed? Alert and multiple red notifications bugs aside, this is the most useful feature of the side bar. I would strongly recommend not removing it
Why would you want to receive an alert when you bump your own thread or when someone bumps their thread?Not sure if it's an issue, but now we can't check when last time the thread is bumped?
hmm it's make sense, will wait for bump button in the sidebar. it would make everything easier. thanksWe'll consider adding this, but I'm not sure it's needed.
Threads are marked as new when they have a new reply. Wouldn't you want to read the reply? If not, you can click the circles to quickly mark items as read.
Why would you want to receive an alert when you bump your own thread or when someone bumps their thread?
Bumps are counted towards thread activity, but not as an alert. The sidebar displays threads that are active within 10 days. Using a bump will make the thread appear as active on your list. However threads only appear as "new activity" when a new reply is posted in the thread, not for bumps. If we added bumps, then the threads would constantly appear as new even though there is nothing new. This is not the purpose of the sidebar to act as a bump manager. I'm sorry, this will not be returning.
However we will consider integrating a bump button into the sidebar.
MiddlemanWe'll consider adding this, but I'm not sure it's needed.
Threads are marked as new when they have a new reply. Wouldn't you want to read the reply? If not, you can click the circles to quickly mark items as read.
AdministratorSort works by new replies only and those will appear at the top. If we include bumps into the sort, it can cause a new reply to appear further down the list because a bunch of threads were bumped.I'm not asking for alerts when threads are bumped. I am referring to the old sidebar which simply listed all threads by activity or bumps. This automatically sorts threads in a way that generally allows you to know what you recently bumped and what has not been bumped in a while.
Currently threads cannot be manually removed, but if there's no activity for 10 days, it will disappear eventually.anyway, can you remove the thread from list if we make it sold/close?
So in short per my original question, that feature was intended to be removed?I see what you mean about sorting by bump time to know which threads can be bumped again, but this is not the purpose of the sidebar.
AdministratorYes, that was intended to be removed.So in short per my original question, that feature was intended to be removed?
That was removed as well due to being redundant feature. It shows the same information as the sidebar.what happened to the "News feed" page ?
https://www.epicnpc.com/whats-new/news-feed
Gotcha. I'm sure a lot of your sellers would greatly appreciate you adding in a "my recently bumped threads" section then ASAP. Like if you agree.Yes, that was intended to be removed.
That was removed as well due to being redundant feature. It shows the same information as the sidebar.
That was removed as well due to being redundant feature. It shows the same information as the sidebar.
AdministratorThe News Feed pages showed your threads that had new posts. Those same threads appear in the sidebar when they have new posts.
The News Feed pages showed your threads that had new posts. Those same threads appear in the sidebar when they have new posts.
New threads from watched forum now appear in the "Recently Visited" forum tab.
AdministratorWe'll have to make some changes to this feed page and we'll bring it back in the near future.The News Feed option shows the new threads created by the users I have been following.
Thanks so muchWe'll have to make some changes to this feed page and we'll bring it back in the near future.
Global Moderator
Global ModeratorThis feature is in high demand and really needed. I'm constantly receiving irrelevant notifications, and having to click through them one by one is extremely bothersome...We'll consider adding this, but I'm not sure it's needed.
Threads are marked as new when they have a new reply. Wouldn't you want to read the reply? If not, you can click the circles to quickly mark items as read.
I keep getting side bar "alerts" for threads I am not watching but commented on in the past and unwatched. Is this intended? Or should I never comment on anything to avoid this?
I'm following hundreds of threads/forums and I don't need most of them most of the time, but I still want to keep them there as I need them occasionally. Pretty sure most members have it like this as well. It's something like subscriptions on youtube
An easy mark all button is definitely needed and I'm sure most would agree. Clicking on the white circle is not a good solution.
AdministratorWe're investigating.Upgrade on one of my threads expired and i got no notification about it, and i should get warning to renew purchase on it..
The sidebar has nothing to do with your watch list. All your active threads will automatically be listed. Any thread that is active which you posted in will also be listed.I keep getting side bar "alerts" for threads I am not watching but commented on in the past and unwatched. Is this intended? Or should I never comment on anything to avoid this?
Administrator