Quick Sidebar Major Update

Not Recently Bumped
Status
Not open for further replies.
1717758236256.png

some of my active thread is missing on sidebar, even after i bump it. it only appear when i list new thread
 
it used to show the latest bumped threads in order
but the order is in random now
This is not a feature. Threads will not appear as new when they're bumped. Only when a new reply is made in the thread.

not getting alerts nor getting them in my sidebar, notifications from watched forums not appearing
The 'Recently Visited' tab does not produce alerts (red counter). When a forum has a new thread, it will simply show a "NEW" icon next to the forum title.

happens when i try to mark thread as read
You do not have permission to view
You're an ex-mod, so you have a few threads on your list you no longer have permission to view. We'll have to make an update to remove those types of threads.

For some reason all my active threads disappeared again.
Investigating
 
This is not a feature. Threads will not appear as new when they're bumped. Only when a new reply is made in the thread.


The 'Recently Visited' tab does not produce alerts (red counter). When a forum has a new thread, it will simply show a "NEW" icon next to the forum title.


You're an ex-mod, so you have a few threads on your list you no longer have permission to view. We'll have to make an update to remove those types of threads.


Investigating
Can yall stop investigating and just undo everything from the past month? This is just dumb...why are you guys wasting energy on this?
 
The sidebar will become the main activity hub for members. We have plans to integrate chat alerts into it as well so that members can track their threads and chats in one location. For now, there still appears to be a few issues, but they will be corrected shortly.
 
The sidebar will become the main activity hub for members. We have plans to integrate chat alerts into it as well so that members can track their threads and chats in one location. For now, there still appears to be a few issues, but they will be corrected shortly.
Sounds great! I'm pumped. But until then...? I think it's been like 2-3 weeks since I've even seen the side bar
 
For some reason all my active threads disappeared again.
This has been fixed. All active threads should now appear.

happens when i try to mark thread as read
You do not have permission to view
This has been fixed. Threads will no longer be listed if a user does not have permission to view them.

All known issues have been fixed. If you find anything else, please post here.
 
Is the feature where threads are sorted by latest bump or reply intended to be removed? Alert and multiple red notifications bugs aside, this is the most useful feature of the side bar. I would strongly recommend not removing it
 
We'll consider adding this, but I'm not sure it's needed.

Threads are marked as new when they have a new reply. Wouldn't you want to read the reply? If not, you can click the circles to quickly mark items as read.


Is the feature where threads are sorted by latest bump or reply intended to be removed? Alert and multiple red notifications bugs aside, this is the most useful feature of the side bar. I would strongly recommend not removing it

Not sure if it's an issue, but now we can't check when last time the thread is bumped?
Why would you want to receive an alert when you bump your own thread or when someone bumps their thread?

Bumps are counted towards thread activity, but not as an alert. The sidebar displays threads that are active within 10 days. Using a bump will make the thread appear as active on your list. However threads only appear as "new activity" when a new reply is posted in the thread, not for bumps. If we added bumps, then the threads would constantly appear as new even though there is nothing new. This is not the purpose of the sidebar to act as a bump manager. I'm sorry, this will not be returning.

However we will consider integrating a bump button into the sidebar.
 
I'm not asking for alerts when threads are bumped. I am referring to the old sidebar which simply listed all threads by activity or bumps. This automatically sorts threads in a way that generally allows you to know what you recently bumped and what has not been bumped in a while.

Personally and I'm sure for many sellers this is invaluable since you can simply begin rebumping your threads from bottom to top so your oldest bumps are refreshed.

I'm not really interested that someone left a review on a sold thread of mine, and in the old sidebar it will simply keep falling down the bar until it falls off for inactivity. Now it will sit at the top since it's the only thing with actual activity, since bumps don't change the order that threads are displayed.

If bumps are displayed in the "My active threads" section, I think you'll fix one of the major complaints users will report.
 
We'll consider adding this, but I'm not sure it's needed.

Threads are marked as new when they have a new reply. Wouldn't you want to read the reply? If not, you can click the circles to quickly mark items as read.





Why would you want to receive an alert when you bump your own thread or when someone bumps their thread?

Bumps are counted towards thread activity, but not as an alert. The sidebar displays threads that are active within 10 days. Using a bump will make the thread appear as active on your list. However threads only appear as "new activity" when a new reply is posted in the thread, not for bumps. If we added bumps, then the threads would constantly appear as new even though there is nothing new. This is not the purpose of the sidebar to act as a bump manager. I'm sorry, this will not be returning.

However we will consider integrating a bump button into the sidebar.
hmm it's make sense, will wait for bump button in the sidebar. it would make everything easier. thanks
 
We'll consider adding this, but I'm not sure it's needed.

Threads are marked as new when they have a new reply. Wouldn't you want to read the reply? If not, you can click the circles to quickly mark items as read.

I'm following hundreds of threads/forums and I don't need most of them most of the time, but I still want to keep them there as I need them occasionally. Pretty sure most members have it like this as well. It's something like subscriptions on youtube :D
An easy mark all button is definitely needed and I'm sure most would agree. Clicking on the white circle is not a good solution.
 
I'm not asking for alerts when threads are bumped. I am referring to the old sidebar which simply listed all threads by activity or bumps. This automatically sorts threads in a way that generally allows you to know what you recently bumped and what has not been bumped in a while.
Sort works by new replies only and those will appear at the top. If we include bumps into the sort, it can cause a new reply to appear further down the list because a bunch of threads were bumped.

I see what you mean about sorting by bump time to know which threads can be bumped again, but this is not the purpose of the sidebar.

We will be making another update to integrate the chat into the sidebar this summer. At that time we will consider adding a bump button or bump data so members can manage their bumps easier.


anyway, can you remove the thread from list if we make it sold/close?
Currently threads cannot be manually removed, but if there's no activity for 10 days, it will disappear eventually.
 
I’ve already seen it mentioned by multiple people on multiple occasions, but since it seems to be falling on deaf ears, I’ll just reiterate what’s already been said.

This option to view all of your threads by most recently bumped needs to be returned. It’s how I know a lot of people bump their threads, myself included. Right now it’s all messed up & bumping my threads is becoming a complete nightmare. There’s no easy way to figure out what I bumped last time or if I skipped a thread.

I honestly do not understand where the insistence to add useless “features” that nobody asked for is coming from. It just worsens the user experience for this site. Has there been a single person in this entire thread that liked this change? It only takes away from the experience so far, while adding nothing new. I’m sure you have plans to make this worthwhile in the future somehow, but you gotta listen to users’ feedback as well.

I for one have no idea how tf I’m supposed to manage this stuff efficiently now. Will have to figure something out somehow, but either way this is going to be a lot more of a chore than it was before.
 
I want to join those who speak about returning the possibility to sort threads in Sidebar by recent bump. I dont think I will make a mistake if I will say that this was the main reason why people were using Sidebar in the first place - it helped a lot with managing your threads. It is just that simple, when people have a lot of threads on several different forums listing them in sidebar by creation time or last reply simply creates a total chaos and makes thread bump management one hell of the task.
As it was mentioned before, we simply ask for Sidebar to be as useful as it was before. You want to add additional possibilities? This is nice and we appreciate your hard work, but please do not ruin users expirience in the process. Make it possible to sort your own threads in Sidebar by last bump order, it will make life for sellers much simpler and will give us a possibility to do what we did before you decided to change the Sidebar.
 
We'll consider adding this, but I'm not sure it's needed.

Threads are marked as new when they have a new reply. Wouldn't you want to read the reply? If not, you can click the circles to quickly mark items as read.
This feature is in high demand and really needed. I'm constantly receiving irrelevant notifications, and having to click through them one by one is extremely bothersome...

I keep getting side bar "alerts" for threads I am not watching but commented on in the past and unwatched. Is this intended? Or should I never comment on anything to avoid this?

I'm following hundreds of threads/forums and I don't need most of them most of the time, but I still want to keep them there as I need them occasionally. Pretty sure most members have it like this as well. It's something like subscriptions on youtube :D
An easy mark all button is definitely needed and I'm sure most would agree. Clicking on the white circle is not a good solution.
 
Upgrade on one of my threads expired and i got no notification about it, and i should get warning to renew purchase on it..
We're investigating.

I keep getting side bar "alerts" for threads I am not watching but commented on in the past and unwatched. Is this intended? Or should I never comment on anything to avoid this?
The sidebar has nothing to do with your watch list. All your active threads will automatically be listed. Any thread that is active which you posted in will also be listed.

If you posted in a thread a long time ago, but that thread is still active, it will be listed in your "Other Active Threads" section. We will be adding a remove option in the next update.
 

Investigate other 60 threads i have , so i can buy upgrades if they are expired,cause u broke whole system which was perfectly fine ,with something no one asked for and every single person dislikes.
I just checked 3 of my threads had green upgrade removed, and i got no warning about it, probbly its same for everyone else so.. GJ !
 
This new update is extremely hard to navigate compared to the old system. I cannot locate a single thing without putting in a substantial amount of effort which I do not want to do, resulting in me not being notified about lost styles, posts, etc.

Not a fan
 
The issue with shop expiration alerts not appearing has been fixed.

The following sidebar updates are planned for next week.

1. Updated indictor (read/unread circle) that will change color when the thread has an available bump.
2. Node list will allow members to pin certain sections to the top of the list. These sections will not be removed if the user does not visit that section.
3. For the "Other Threads" section, threads will be removable. They will only reappear in the user posts again in the thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top