Page 1 Thread Limits [Poll]

Not Recently Bumped

Are thread limits too high?

  • Yes, all should be lowered significantly

    Votes: 283 57.4%
  • Yes, all should be slightly lowered

    Votes: 108 21.9%
  • No, the limits are fine

    Votes: 102 20.7%

  • Total voters
    493
Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
(72 reviews)

EpicNPC

Level 100

Administrator

Trade Guardian Orders: 106

(100%) (72 reviews)
Country
United States
Member Since
Oct 17, 2007
Last seen

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
Earlier this year in March we updated our thread limits for the amount of threads a seller can have on page one. Below are the currently limits with the old limits in parentheses.

High activity sections = 10 threads (up from 4)
Medium activity = 20 threads (up from 6)
Low activity = 30 threads (up from 12)

Now that we've had enough time for people to get used to them I wanted to see how everyone felt about them so I setup a poll.

If you have a more detailed response feel free to post it below.
 
The thread limit increase has created an unfair platform for everyone, there are some crafty sellers who abuse these limits.

Instead of grouping their accounts/services in 1 or 2 threads, they choose to create 10 threads for each of their accounts/services. Their goal is to push their competitors(other members) to the bottom of the first page or onto the second page as much as possible. So they can attract the attention of more buyers.

50 threads are displayed on the first page, therefore:

Instead of allowing max 5 members who have created 10 threads each to show their threads,

By reducing the maximum thread limit to 3 per member, you can ensure that 50/3 = 17 members can show their threads on the first page. Or,

By reducing the maximum thread limit to 4 per member, you can ensure that 50/4 ~ 13 members can show their threads on the first page.

This will create a fair marketplace where all members, including new sellers, can attract more buyers/sellers for their stuffs.
 
I would to say 4 threads is too many if we look at the Honkai star rail section, it's more like extremly high activty,

imagine you create 1 thread, after a few hours , your thread get pushed down to pages 7 before the bumping time is over
the sellers who only creates 1 -2 threads, they were forced to slam the price to sell quickly, as a result all prices on the market fell within a few days,
Honestly, I don't like prices competition just because they don't get to be on page 1 for longer.
That's all, hopefully we prioritize a fair competition
 
I hate when the thread became 10 on each forum, cause many new sellers posted spam threads (and they also copied my thread template), but I also hate the old system where you can only put 3-5 threads on page 1 of the forum.

So I think 6-8 is the best option. Don't revert to old system.

I'm an old seller, and my business is dead if I can only put 3 threads on page 1.
 
It was a huge increase. Should have been 4 -> 6
6 is too much i beleive 4 threads should be the maximum and 3 will be best since with current system your thread wont stay on first page for more then few mins
if you have a lot of threads its better to consolidate them into one thread or wait till the first threads moved to second page to bump more
@EpicNPC
im wondering also if its possible to increase the total threads that can show up on first page
 
Last edited:
3-4 doesn’t work in scenarios like the FFXI section where page 1 goes back months.

I like the idea of having the different thresholds
For high medium low activity forums
 
Agreed, the limits should be lower. Buyers have to wade through more pages to find what they need while seller can post many accounts that have same price range in one thread instead of creating multiple threads and make others go far away.
 
For example, algorithms detect how often sales posts are posted in a thread/game. The higher the frequency, the lower the limit, around 3-4. I also think there should be more thresholds
 
Honestly, I don’t understand why anyone needs more than one selling thread and more than one buying thread if these are not accounts or private servers
If you want to be at the top and attract attention, just buy pinned or bump
 
For FFXI for example if it’s 3, I would only be able to sell 3 accounts per year because page 1 goes back 11 months. I have been the leading seller in the FFXI forum for about 11 years now.

I generally post 3-5 per month. The limit of 3 would be a terrible decision for the FFXI forum
 
Earlier this year in March we updated our thread limits for the amount of threads a seller can have on page one. Below are the currently limits with the old limits in parentheses.

High activity sections = 10 threads (up from 4)
Medium activity = 20 threads (up from 6)
Low activity = 30 threads (up from 12)

Now that we've had enough time for people to get used to them I wanted to see how everyone felt about them so I setup a poll.

If you have a more detailed response feel free to post it below.
Agree 3 is max better
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top