• We do NOT investigate off-site disputes. EpicNPC does NOT use Discord. We only investigate disputes if Trade Guardian is used.

How to tell if a Paypal payment was a gift or not

JJSerrault

Verified
A member who submitted an ID card.
EpicMember Upgrade
A member that has upgraded their account.
Country
Indonesia
Multiple Accounts
Last edited:
Country
Venezuela
Multiple Accounts
Can I recieve gift payments outside US? Also, How about sending a payment form to the email of the buyer and as Seller and should i write: "I agree this won't has chargeback in the future." for security of both?

Tony and Friends

Trusted
Verified ID, 50+ feedback, member 1+ year.
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Ukraine
Multiple Accounts
Once you have received payment, click on details. If the fee was $0.00, that is your first indication it was a gift. However there are other methods to send with no fees, for instance mass payment so this one indicator doesn't prove it was a gift.

To make sure it was a gift, click the "issue a refund" link.

If it was indeed a Gift, under "Refund Amount" it will say:
(Partial refunds are not available for personal payments or for transactions marked as pending)

As long as it's not a pending payment, it was a Gift. If you're able to make a Partial Refund it was NOT a gift payment.

hello, do you know its gift or not? first time i received such kind of payment

but fee is 0 from me

when it will arrive i must check by refund method?

tkJ6kHI.png

UgzLjG3.png

eKs9yPl.png

WFm4pv2.png

Tony and Friends

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Ukraine
Multiple Accounts

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
I checked some echecks we received in the past and they all had fees. Try sending a payment as F&F and using an eCheck. If it allows you, then that's why it has no fee. I thought eChecks could not be F&F, but I could be wrong.

iMakeLivin

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Oman
Multiple Accounts
I have received eChecks in the past but they were all direct "goods and services" payments (they weren't intended as friends & family anyway) - but I agree with EpicNPC, I don't think an eCheck can be f&f payment, and I think the fee might potentially update after the payment has been cleared.
In any case, to be honest, if I were you I wouldn't deal with $395+ single payment through a sketchy Paypal 3-5 days eCheck to begin with, I'd try to negotiate another payment method for that kind of amount. Just my two cents.

Tony and Friends

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Ukraine
Multiple Accounts
I have received eChecks in the past but they were all direct "goods and services" payments (they weren't intended as friends & family anyway) - but I agree with EpicNPC, I don't think an eCheck can be f&f payment, and I think the fee might potentially update after the payment has been cleared.
In any case, to be honest, if I were you I wouldn't deal with $395+ single payment through a sketchy Paypal 3-5 days eCheck to begin with, I'd try to negotiate another payment method for that kind of amount. Just my two cents.

that one was proceed long ago, without any fees, current one is fo 2000+ usd in single payment i will refund when it will arrive (i am sure it will be also with 0 fee)
client will pay with another method

he told he have not linked any credit cards to paypal and have 0 paypal balance, only bank acc linked
thats why even if he pick F+F option it go thru e-check

EpicSenpai

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Local Moderator
Country
Netherlands
Multiple Accounts
I prefer Wise or crypto, way more convenient and no stress about any chargebacks.

Also no crazy fees compared to greedy Paypal's nearly 6% fee for international transfer and scammy custom conversion rates.

Wunderkind

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Local Moderator
Country
Greece
Multiple Accounts
I prefer Wise or crypto, way more convenient and no stress about any chargebacks.

Also no crazy fees compared to greedy Paypal's nearly 6% fee for international transfer and scammy custom conversion rates.
Not to mention the silly account closures that can occur with PayPal.

NightLight7

Verified
Country
Ukraine
Multiple Accounts
Was trying to use search option but sadly got no results so maybe someone could help me here. So my question - Im using smartphone, is there any way to check if payment was made via family and friends option or not?

Report ip hash: 6f475089cce7cd910d677d

Wunderkind

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Local Moderator
Country
Greece
Multiple Accounts
Was trying to use search option but sadly got no results so maybe someone could help me here. So my question - Im using smartphone, is there any way to check if payment was made via family and friends option or not?
It's pretty much the same through smartphone as well. Your way of checking this, is just clicking on the receipt, either through your email or PayPal, if there are no seller fees applied on it, then it means that it was sent as a Gift. Also, as the administrator stated, if you click on the "refund payment" option on the receipt and it allows you to issue a partial refund, then it means that it was sent via Goods and Services, if it does NOT allow you to issue a partial refund, it means it was sent as a Gift.

I hope this helped!

Report ip hash: 0da2a9df0285dce9cc2b4f

NightLight7

Verified
Country
Ukraine
Multiple Accounts
It's pretty much the same through smartphone as well. Your way of checking this, is just clicking on the receipt, either through your email or PayPal, if there are no seller fees applied on it, then it means that it was sent as a Gift. Also, as the administrator stated, if you click on the "refund payment" option on the receipt and it allows you to issue a partial refund, then it means that it was sent via Goods and Services, if it does NOT allow you to issue a partial refund, it means it was sent as a Gift.

I hope this helped!
Thank you for information

Last edited:

maasha

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
BANNED - Do not buy, sell or trade with this user.
Country
Tunisia
Multiple Accounts
Warning: Trade with Caution
Banned - dispute https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/please-remove-false-feedback.2709051/
Once you have received payment, click on details. If the fee was $0.00, that is your first indication it was a gift. However there are other methods to send with no fees, for instance mass payment so this one indicator doesn't prove it was a gift.

To make sure it was a gift, click the "issue a refund" link.

If it was indeed a Gift, under "Refund Amount" it will say:
(Partial refunds are not available for personal payments or for transactions marked as pending)

As long as it's not a pending payment, it was a Gift. If you're able to make a Partial Refund it was NOT a gift payment.
Thanks for that details bro ✌️✌️

Report ip hash: 3a9d5177838967a0fc2b92

Ace

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Germany
Multiple Accounts
Back then it was surely better to receive payments through PayPal f&f.
Nowadays though, there are many people who do chargeback scams by telling their credit card company that the purchase was unauthorized so be careful whenever you use paypal anyway.

Report ip hash: 4d95727ce7cb3bf00736ef

Tony and Friends

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Ukraine
Multiple Accounts
you knew paypal prohibits game RMT now? its new to me
vmC7Zot.png

Report ip hash: 7f3d943f9f1064bd1480d6