About Paypal FnF Chargeback - How to protect seller?

Not Recently Bumped
Local Moderator
(182 reviews)

iloveuuu147

Level 100

Local Moderator

Trade Guardian Orders: 88

(100%) (182 reviews)
Country
United States
Member Since
Mar 19, 2017
Last seen

iloveuuu147

Local Moderator
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
0
Hi everyone, I'm here to share my recent case on this topic. On 9/13 I sold a Maplestory account (feedback link: https://www.epicnpc.com/feedback/feedback/797992/view ) on Epicnpc with MM.
The buyer paid using paypal fnf. Everything seemed normal until 9/30. I noticed that my paypal balance was deducted by $2800 and it appeared that the buyer reported the payment as an unauthorized transaction directly to his bank.
I googled before that paypal fnf cannot be refunded but never thought banks could do it. I have already provided all screenshots of chat history and transaction details as a proof and I'm waiting for Paypal response now.

Beyond this case, I come up with a question:
It seems paypal fnf is not secure for sellers either if buyers can simply dispute transactions and ask for refunds in this way. Paypal g&s and epicnpc MM is made to protect buyers. Then what should we do to protect us as a legit seller?

Here's the buyer's epicnpc account. He got banned because he asked to refund middleman fee too...
https://www.epicnpc.com/members/matran.669852/
 

Attachments

  • b1.png
    b1.png
    44.6 KB
  • b2.png
    b2.png
    61.2 KB
WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
Banned - scam - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/genr-is-a-scammer.2661834/
Hi everyone, I'm here to share my recent case on this topic. On 9/13 I sold a Maplestory account (feedback link: https://www.epicnpc.com/feedback/feedback/797992/view ) on Epicnpc with MM.
The buyer paid using paypal fnf. Everything seemed normal until 9/30. I noticed that my paypal balance was deducted by $2800 and it appeared that the buyer reported the payment as an unauthorized transaction directly to his bank.
I googled before that paypal fnf cannot be refunded but never thought banks could do it. I have already provided all screenshots of chat history and transaction details as a proof and I'm waiting for Paypal response now.

Beyond this case, I come up with a question:
It seems paypal fnf is not secure for sellers either if buyers can simply dispute transactions and ask for refunds in this way. Paypal g&s and epicnpc MM is made to protect buyers. Then what should we do to protect us as a legit seller?

Here's the buyer's epicnpc account. He got banned because he asked to refund middleman fee too...
https://www.epicnpc.com/members/matran.669852/
I am very sorry to hear what happened, Paypal is never fully secure and safe sadly.

If for example someone paid using Visa/Mastercard and sent it as FnF, regardless, they can still dispute it and commit fraud sadly because of the Visa/MasterCard policy and also the laws of the country

The safest method is to use Crypto or even Wise, as you basically can't dispute those no matter what from my experience.

If you need anymore information feel free to DM me or add my discord @genr1999

Sorry once again this happened, the world is filled with rats like that person.
 
Update:
Paypal is still working on the dispute with buyer's bank. Meanwhile, they permanently blocked my paypal account due to this case, which means I can't use my paypal account anymore and I will need to wait for 180 days to access my funds.
:) Worst day so far
**** the scammer
 
Back
Top