why does paypal hold funds? scam?

Not Recently Bumped
(6 reviews)

D0GE

Level 20

Trade Guardian Orders: 1

(60%) (6 reviews)
Country
Philippines
Member Since
Sep 10, 2022
Whenever i receive payment from someone for my services. paypal somehow holds my funds for 21 days. Is it just me or does this happen to everyone?
I feel like they're just ripping me off.
If you're a new user of paypal, it will happen for a month or for few times you receive funds, I don't remember exactly..

I'm guessing its Paypal's policy to check if you're a genuine seller and see if any of the buyers requests for a refund during the hold period
After a few trades without any issues, they will stop the holding process, it happened to me when I started using paypal too
 
If you're a new user of paypal, it will happen for a month or for few times you receive funds, I don't remember exactly..

I'm guessing its Paypal's policy to check if you're a genuine seller and see if any of the buyers requests for a refund during the hold period
After a few trades without any issues, they will stop the holding process, it happened to me when I started using paypal too
Thank you for sharing. Appreciate it.
 
There should be a link in your paypal account page that tells you what are the exact requirements that you need to meet so that payments no longer go on hold. They vary greatly per country so I can't really tell you what it is, but it's usually something like (receive X payments with total value over X and have at least X months pass without disputes)
 
Back
Top