Westernunion - possible to be scammed by a BUYER?

Not Recently Bumped

dknight3

Level 19

Trade Guardian Orders: 0

(0%) (0 review)
Country
Not Phone Verified
Member Since
Jun 10, 2008
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
0
Hi guys,

I've been trying to sell my account for about a month now and had to deal with DOZENS of foreign badly spoken English scammers. Now normally this is all very obvious and I can deal with it, but I've finally found a buyer who yet again sounds like a scammer, but has agreed to pay by Westernunion. I was under the impression WU couldn't have the money recalled - is there any way I could still get scammed or is WU completely safe?

EDIT: Buyer's address is [email protected]

Not showing up on any google searches.
 
No cheques involved in the westernunion process... they send the money to WU and confirm it on the phone, you pick up the cash. Once you've got the money there's no connection with you and the transaction anymore?

Anyway, i'm now selling through a middleman - had enough of dealing with the scammers by myself.
 
I don't have much experience with Western Union but I've had it confirmed from some top sellers that it is 100% impossible to recall after the payment is received, and it stands to reason because you physically have the money.
 
Yes, the sellers are correct. It is very difficult if not impossible to get scammed as seller with WU. However, refrain yourself from giving him account information BEFORE you have physical money in your hands.
 
Banned - failed to resolve dispute - http://www.epicnpc.com/active-disputes/473361-toonvendor-%242400-balance-owed-after-consignment-sale-failed-bank-wire.html
Yeah its 100% impossible to take back the money once you pick it up. I normally use Western Union with someone that doesn't have rep/twv.
 
Thanks for the replies - more or less what I thought. Either way I've decided to give it the benefit of the doubt now and just use a middleman
smile.gif
 
there is some information here about this in my signature post from reputable and experienced users here on the boards regarding western union transfers etc...

good luck.

-Bones
 
Back
Top