EpicNPC Marketplace

Register a free account today to become a member! Then start trading, buying or selling with other members using our secure Trade Guardian middleman system.

Unable to post because already at 6 active threads

Neoex

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
78   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Hello I post in the FFXI Account forum for close to 8 years now and it is counting my SOLD listings as active, so I cannot post more threads for sale. The error says I have 6 active threads on the first 2 pages, the first 2 pages go back approx 6 months :( The forums are slow and there are only a few sellers (one being myself) how can this be fixed?

ip hash: 49f7e0f6b6a700860488d0

EpicNPC

Administrator
Administrator
59   0   0
Country
US/Canada
It's not the first 2 pages, only the first page.

If you have 6 threads on the first page, there is an option to purchase an extra thread for credits. After that, you have to wait until one thread is bumped off to page 2.

We don't want a few sellers flooding a forum with unlimited threads, so these limits are in place.

If you notice you're constantly hitting the limit, you might want to setup a "Store" thread where you list all your low value accounts for sale. Then you can just edit to add/remove new accounts. For higher priced accounts you can create separate individual threads as you do now.

ip hash: 787a7ca639b0e6a7b075a9

Neoex

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
78   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Why is sold considered active? that should not count towards. None of these are "low value" these are $600+ accounts

EpicNPC

Administrator
Administrator
59   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Why is sold considered active? that should not count towards
Because sellers will mark their threads as "sold" to flood the forum. Many members did this already even when an item was not sold. They did this to push competitors off the first page and to spam their sites.

None of these are "low value" these are $600+ accounts
Maybe you can categories the accounts some other way, not based on price. I'm not familiar with FFXI so I can't really help.

32 threads can appear on page 1.
You have 6 sold, 1 active.
If we exclude sold threads, this would allow you 13 threads on the first page.

13 out of 32 threads means you would have 40% of all threads on page one. This is exactly the type of flooding the system is meant to prevent. 3 sellers can then control the first page and block everyone else out.

I'm sorry, we can't increase the limit. You'll have to figure out a way to group some of your accounts together so you don't need a new threads for every account.

ip hash: 787a7ca639b0e6a7b075a9

Neoex

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
78   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Yikes, ok, well thanks for your time