EpicNPC Marketplace

Register a free account today to become a member! Then start trading, buying or selling with other members using our secure Trade Guardian middleman system.

• We do not use Discord. Our middleman do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.

The real problem of the RMT career

kugogizo

21   0   0
Country
Greece
Multiple Accounts
The real problem of RMT is that you need mastery on more than 1 game, perhaps many of them to achieve a decent and solid income. This is because demand and prices plummet during the end of a patch/expansion so you need to have an alternative option during that period. The other reason is that unpredictable things happen in games that can kill your business/production and you need to have alternatives in order to keep working and survive. In my case, I was selling accounts in classic last year until the multiboxing ToS change which literally killed my business and left me without a game since I had invested all my time in wow classic. Of course, multiboxing is now back alive and well, also safe....however it took a lot of time until this issue was resolved and I was like "NOW WHAT DO WE DO". It was a pretty brutal strike. I'm not a botter neither a reseller so it wasn't easy to adjust to this new reality. I didn't want to go into suicide mode as a multiboxer like botters do in the currency market. I still approach botting with skepticism and try to avoid botting markets. Not sure how can I compete with them without a strong hardware setup to support many bots and without some programming experience or connections in order to get the hacks fast, also keep them updated. I believe I have more edge as a boxer because I compete in gaming skills there since I don't worry nearly as much about getting banned and the software has a cap on its features.

My real problem is that MMORPG games (the most common RMT markets) have a huge learning curve. They don't require much if any muscle memory skill but it takes A LOT of time until you learn everything they have to offer which is almost comparable to learning a new marketable skill. When wow classic was hit with this ToS change, I could not see it as viable to switch to another completely new MMO since the time commitment would be too much. Luckily, I had lots of experience in wow retail so I switched to it.

I have been thinking that muscle memory games such as fps games could be interesting markets to mix with your main MMO since they don't have much if any depth, so if you find a good hack, it should be easy to start producing something there, they also tend to have weaker anti-cheat. Nevertheless, my question is:

Can we RMTERS achieve mastery on multiple MMORPG games?
Is it even possible considering the deep learning curve they have and that it takes time to reach the end-game?
Is there a good shortcut to learning them and start farming fast?

If I wanted to switch to eve online tomorrow or ffxiv which are completely new to me, how long would it take to reach the level that I have currently in wow?

I have been trying few things to solve this like connecting with these communities but it doesn't help. Can coaching help with this?

I posted it on this section because it involves gaming discussion.

Last edited:
ip hash: d86333bf0d6582161d8866

Adoxia

I do not Buy/Sell/MM
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Super Moderator
14   0   0
Country
US/Canada
The real problem of RMT is that you need mastery on more than 1 game, perhaps many of them to achieve a decent and solid income. This is because demand and prices plummet during the end of a patch/expansion so you need to have an alternative option during that period. The other reason is that unpredictable things happen in games that can kill your business/production and you need to have alternatives in order to keep working and survive. In my case, I was selling accounts in classic last year until the multiboxing ToS change which literally killed my business and left me without a game since I had invested all my time in wow classic. Of course, multiboxing is now back alive and well, also safe....however it took a lot of time until this issue was resolved and I was like "NOW WHAT DO WE DO". It was a pretty brutal strike. I'm not a botter neither a reseller so it wasn't easy to adjust to this new reality. I didn't want to go into suicide mode as a multiboxer like botters do in the currency market. I still approach botting with skepticism and try to avoid botting markets. Not sure how can I compete with them without a strong hardware setup to support many bots and without some programming experience or connections in order to get the hacks fast, also keep them updated. I believe I have more edge as a boxer because I compete in gaming skills there since I don't worry nearly as much about getting banned and the software has a cap on its features.

My real problem is that MMORPG games (the most common RMT markets) have a huge learning curve. They don't require much if any muscle memory skill but it takes A LOT of time until you learn everything they have to offer which is almost comparable to learning a new marketable skill. When wow classic was hit with this ToS change, I could not see it as viable to switch to another completely new MMO since the time commitment would be too much. Luckily, I had lots of experience in wow retail so I switched to it.

I have been thinking that muscle memory games such as fps games could be interesting markets to mix with your main MMO since they don't have much if any depth, so if you find a good hack, it should be easy to start producing something there, they also tend to have weaker anti-cheat. Nevertheless, my question is:

Can we RMTERS achieve mastery on multiple MMORPG games?
Is it even possible considering the deep learning curve they have and that it takes time to reach the end-game?
Is there a good shortcut to learning them and start farming fast?

If I wanted to switch to eve online tomorrow or ffxiv which are completely new to me, how long would it take to reach the level that I have currently in wow?

I have been trying few things to solve this like connecting with these communities but it doesn't help. Can coaching help with this?

I posted it on this section because it involves gaming discussion.
Typically it doesn’t take very long in general. It depends how much time/money you are ready to put into it to grow. For example there can be shortcuts on some games. Buying an account can get you to max instantly and if you have enough research behind the game then you likely can pick it up fairly easy. It also depends on what your end goal is, if its farming currency in a game just look up the best farming methods. Most MMOs are the same core experience so having knowledge in one can carry you through most content in others.

ip hash: 57a141c58e73435ffbb00e

P1trsavanger

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
39   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Multiple Accounts
You can resell stuff. Buy low, sell high. Thats what the most full-time RMTers do. I guess it is pretty simple although I never did it since I care about what I sell.
If you are really skilled then you can do boosting. Botters cant bot to diamond in LoL.
Gold/currency farming is mostly for botters. You can make a lot of gold on your own but you should make more if you avoid competing with bots.
Or try streaming, if you are skilled and social you might find big enough audience.

ip hash: 6b8964b32c9231d393d1a9

Aria Company

Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
75   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
The real problem of RMT is that you need mastery on more than 1 game, perhaps many of them to achieve a decent and solid income. This is because demand and prices plummet during the end of a patch/expansion so you need to have an alternative option during that period. The other reason is that unpredictable things happen in games that can kill your business/production and you need to have alternatives in order to keep working and survive.
That's why I stopped RMTing/botting. I made 6 figures from botting on MapleStory private servers and Old School Runescape, but even during the "golden period" where I was making $10k+/month the fear of the server closing and/or my method getting patched was always at the back of my mind. Ideally, RMTing/botting is something you do to get better at programming and pay the bills while you prepare for a career in something that is more sustainable.

ip hash: 2a849d3c151eb275ec9812

kugogizo

21   0   0
Country
Greece
Multiple Accounts
That's why I stopped RMTing/botting. I made 6 figures from botting on MapleStory private servers and Old School Runescape, but even during the "golden period" where I was making $10k+/month the fear of the server closing and/or my method getting patched was always at the back of my mind. Ideally, RMTing/botting is something you do to get better at programming and pay the bills while you prepare for a career in something that is more sustainable.
Did you use a bot available to the public or your own?

WOW, I didn't know you can make so much as a supplier in smaller games. I wanted to multibox on some small games where it's still safe (eg. lotr) but I wonder if I would be able to make enough sales, are there people buying constantly on these games? I personally feel scared to move away from popular games like WoW.

I don't believe these figures are possible as an account or powerleveling supplier and I have my doubts if it's the norm as a currency supplier. There are exceptions to this rule, there are games with a decent account market where botting is probably safe and you can scale with accounts there. There are also "selfplay" boostings that can be botted or guild boosts that are usually more expensive. If you ask me, I doubt powerlevelers on WoW make more than 3 figures monthly. I would be surprised if they made 4 figures unless we talk about the elo boosters. Sometimes I wonder if the currency market is so good why there are people supplying services or accounts.

Last edited:
ip hash: 548db8a654b55be9c3f6b2