Potential Account Buyer Concerned.

Not Recently Bumped

Trade Guardian Orders: 10

(87.5%) (10 reviews)
Country
Not Phone Verified
Member Since
Jul 20, 2012
Last seen
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
0
Banned - failed to resolve dispute - http://www.epicnpc.com/active-disputes/474643-scammed-out-500k-catastrophic.html
Hey guys. I've been browsing many professional sites, and I see one account that I absolutely need to buy. It is from the site Epicmmo.com I've spoke with both Snowy and Fancy personally, and they seem like great guys. However, when I searched reviews on these guys there were mixed results. I was able to dig up the report from about 2 years ago that discussed a trade that went bad with the site. Ripoff Report | www.epicmmo.com | Complaint Review: 521954

At this point, I'm not sure if my desire of the account is outweighing the risk of the purchase. For those of you who have dealt with these guys before, what was your experience like? Did the account always remain in your possession or was it recalled? Like I said earlier, I've spoke with both Snowy and Fancy personally and they seem great but I'd like to know what you previous buyers think.
 
WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
Banned - accessed another members account - jollieanneaux
You need to stop worrying about one bad report and/or review and assume they aren't legitimate. Everyone has bad reviews somewhere. If everyone looked at bad reviews, then nobody would do business with anyone.

Example:
Comcast Cablevision, Incorporation Review - TELEVISION-CABLE, CATV & SATELLITE in Philadelphia, PA - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Metro Washington, DC and Eastern Pennsylvania
Above link is on Comcast Cable. Comcast Cable has 6,300 BBB Complaints in 12 Months. That is just under ONE BBB Account. They have other BBB Accounts.

Point is everyone isn't perfect.

Now if you're still concerned, the simple solution here is pay by credit card. If they don't deliver, you can dispute the payment.

While I can't say anything positive or negative about this site, just sounds like the guy/gal has gone out of his way to talk to you and you are focusing more on that one complaint.
 
I can tell you about my experience with snowy seem how I've bought like 5 accounts from him thus far. This is, imo, one of the best resellers around. His warranty alone should put him at the top of your list no other reseller offers what he does. As far as the one bad report I wouldn't worry too much about that you can find disgruntled customers for any business in the world. Now because of my position on these forums I'm not allowed to vouch for anyone but I can tell you now a days he is the only reseller I go to.
 
Hi there Catastrophic! As Albert said, it is almost inevitable to avoid bad reviews, especially in the accounts industry. Reason being, there will be some bad eggs out there wanting to cheat resellers out of their money due to their large-encompassing warranty. When you run an established business, you'll be an open target. The business is built upon trust and resellers cannot afford to have their reputation tainted, hence, some people do try to exploit that.

On the direct issue itself, disregarding what happened earlier in that case, in the end, the seller was satisfied and was compensated in some way. Whether he deserved it or not, we don't know. All we can tell is that Snowy does honor his warranty.

My personal opinion on whether you can trust Snowy? I ABSOLUTELY encourage you to! I've personally dealt with Snowy probably more than 20 times and it has all been smooth. I haven't been disappointed once yet. His prices are way more reasonable than most resellers as well. I guess he goes for volume to garner his profits instead of marketing extremely premium accounts(although he does have those sometimes).

Please do note that Snowy goes about in an extremely business-like manner though. He is very candid and spares no time with pleasantries and goes directly to the point. Sometimes I do find him a little rude yet I do appreciate the fact that no time is wasted. Maybe it only applies to me, he does tell me that he has customers that spend way more money than I do, so maybe that's why I'm being treated that way haha. I feel a hint of arrogance about him but of course I can't really tell. I do feel that his emotions get the better of him sometimes though. I've been trying to get iTrader feedback from him but to no avail sadly, guess I should have requested it right from the start!

Ultimately, you can trust Jim(Snowy) and I encourage you to! :) I hope this assuages most of your fears! I've recommended many of my friends to buy/sell characters from him! You will know I'm not being biased and solely promoting him here as I've mentioned his negative points as well.

Happy dealing!

Claire.
 
Banned - failed to resolve dispute - http://www.epicnpc.com/active-disputes/474643-scammed-out-500k-catastrophic.html
Thanks for the responses. I recently bought from Snowy and it's been the best trade experience I've had on this site yet. I am happy I chose him. He has reasonable prices and great accounts!
 
Back
Top