Player auction's review. The positive and the the negative.

Not Recently Bumped

Game_Elite

Level 69

Trade Guardian Orders: 27

(95.8%) (26 reviews)
Country
United States
Member Since
Dec 24, 2007
Last seen
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
0
There are some nice and straight up horrid things about Playerauctuons.

Some of the nice things are for sellers such as you are more secure from chargebacks from clients.(This can be avoided if done correctly with paypal.)
They offer insurance for accounts if the owner tries to take it back.
They act as a 3rd party.

Some of the downsides
They have high fees. For both seller and buyer.
Their support can be somewhat of a circus show.

Something down right horrible I'm dealing with right now.
A vendor on their site used a stolen credit card to sell items for a game on the site. My game account has been banned for over a week due to this. I'm getting it unbanned but I have to pay the owning company for these items. To top it off player auctions will not give a refund despite me having proof the items were delivered with a stolen credit card. With an action like this I would have been secured through Paypal.
Note:after proof submitted the vendor is still selling on the site. There are a few others like me that submitted similar proof.

Overall
If you know what your doing using a site like epicnpc is a lot more secure as long as its not a long term scam like an account.
If you don't know what your doing playeractions offers that sense of security.
If you are a buyer or a seller and a problem arises you are jumping through a lot more hoops to attempt to get a problem resolved.
They are a business. Your best interests are not their primary function. Just keep in mind their primary goal is to make a profit.
 
Last edited:
I have to agree completely to this.

I bought an account back from a buyer because he had buyers remorse and needed the money.

I did not use their payment system since it would be like 4/5 days til he got paid. I got suspended until i pay $450 in security fees. I tried fighting it and their support and advanced support teams are horrid. I never got a response to fight claims or appeal.

If you do things right on here you have very little risk. Some risk always. I have a id verified seller (banned since sale for too many accounts) charging me back because he duped account and no longer needed the original.
 
Yeah they won't even respond to my petitions. I only get an automated message from them saying they haven't heard from me for 72 hours if I ever submit anything considering the petition closed. I would consider them practicing shady business tactics.
 
I would love to hear about someone's experience with them where they ensured a transaction and it ended up going wrong. Such an example would be an insured account recalled by the owner and being unable to get it back within the time frame of their insurance.
 
I have to agree completely to this.

I bought an account back from a buyer because he had buyers remorse and needed the money.

I did not use their payment system since it would be like 4/5 days til he got paid. I got suspended until i pay $450 in security fees. I tried fighting it and their support and advanced support teams are horrid. I never got a response to fight claims or appeal.

If you do things right on here you have very little risk. Some risk always. I have a id verified seller (banned since sale for too many accounts) charging me back because he duped account and no longer needed the original.

Can you clarify what $450 in security fees is? Sounds like you tried selling outside their site and they charged you a ridiculous amount. Penalty fee.
 
He bought the account back as the buyer needed the money. Paid for it outside of player auctions so tge money would be available faster. Also this was probably started on the player auctions pms.
 
I agree with you on customer support being terrible at their job. But when it comes to account trading, I can't blame playerauction for this, how could they know there will be problems with the account after both party successfully traded. This is like the golden rule, account trading is NEVER ever safe. There will always be a risk, it depends if the seller is well known for upholding their end of the deal or not which is the flaw to account trading. On the other hand, player auction is perfect for currency exchange if done correctly. All the seller need is a recording software to record that the game currency was indeed delivered. As a buyer you only need to report if the seller never delivered the gold, the seller usually have to provide evidence that they did delivered the currency otherwise they are at fault.

Video evidence is the strongest proof you can provide. Can't ever go wrong with that.
 
Last edited:
I thought I would add my comment, as with most I would agree that the support is absolutely terrible. My experience was not due to fees or risk from buying or selling. I have little trust in their security and if you purchase accounts with Paypal you must attach the Paypal to your Player Auction account. After doing this there is no way to remove the Payment option from your account. I contacted support to attempt for them to remove the payment method from my account and they refused. They said that they don't do that. I escalated the issue multiple times, never fulling receiving the help I demanded.
 
Did a couple deals through playerauctions in the past. The insane fees they take and the ammount of days it takes for them to pay you doesn't pay up to the extra security. Rather find a buyer/seller and get a free middleman as there are a few around.
 
Back
Top