
yes he says it himself on page two or three which i think is perfectly fine he shouldn't have to pay out of his pocket for it.correct me if I am wrong but I think the only reason epic is going to charge for phone verification is because that is what it cost him, to use the phone verification service. Correct?
can't, i have this
Devonshire, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
yes he says it himself on page two or three which i think is perfectly fine he shouldn't have to pay out of his pocket for it.
The problem is time costs I think.
Another thing to note, we have veteran members who are upset about these restrictions. Personally every forum I've been a part of which I've used a lot, I've gone to the next "level". In Markee I became Trust Who verified after I noticed I'd be using it more than a few times, if anyone remembers eGamingSupply, before I modded there I did buy into their Membership. Even other social forums that have perks for a one time fee that I use a lot, I support by buying into it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone should, I'm saying consider if it means that much for you, to support it. That's just my thought on this.
can't, i have this
Devonshire, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
My 2 cents on this, personally I agree some of these things are extreme, some were reversed.
Now a little insight from the Mod perspective that won't go into to much detail. Before this change: Can anyone guess how many new accounts that are either scammers or bots register daily? Out of those how many do you think get through and actually manage to complete the registration and start contacting members? Out of those how many successfully scam?
Another thing, our dispute forum doesn't have every scam that takes place. I get "I got scammed PMs" from users every now and then who when I look at who scammed them was a newly registered user with 0-1 posts. The ones who get scammed are also usually the same, new users who listed their account, or their want to buy an account.
Another thing to note, we have veteran members who are upset about these restrictions. Personally every forum I've been a part of which I've used a lot, I've gone to the next "level". In Markee I became Trust Who verified after I noticed I'd be using it more than a few times, if anyone remembers eGamingSupply, before I modded there I did buy into their Membership. Even other social forums that have perks for a one time fee that I use a lot, I support by buying into it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone should, I'm saying consider if it means that much for you, to support it. That's just my thought on this.
Having said all this, we appreciate everyone's feedback on this update, keep it coming. Please avoid being harsh or vulgar (not saying anyone has been ^^, but post serious concerns and opinions. This will greatly help us (and EpicNPC specifically) on what to keep and what to change if needed. As with all new features, as negative as their percepted we need to have them running for a while to collect data and feedback. We don't have "Beta" forums in which we can realistically test these changes unlike MMOs
so please bear with us and keep the Feedback coming.
Thanks everyone for being part of this community.
Administrator
Administrator
AdministratorI believe the phone number verification alone would be enough to combat Bots/Spam. Personally I would make it a requirement when signing up. You will still have some traffic being shunned away but not nearly as much as you would see with a $3.00 tag. It should be the users utilizing the tools already present to combat the scamming. Just my two cents.
The $3.00 fee is optional, so I don't see how that would deter new members from registering or using the site. Again someone who's new and registers can still post, reply, create threads, use PMs and the feedback system. They will eventually hit the inbox limit, depending how active they are, then they can decide whether to upgrade or not.
Adding it at registration would deter a larger amount of traffic and potentially new members.
To comment on making the phone verification free, that is not possible for me to do due to the amount of daily registered users we have. If it was free and even 10% of new registered members verified their phone number it would cost me upwards of $500/month. If half verified it would cost me a few thousand per month, so making it free is not possible.
I appreciate everyone's feedback and I'll take it into account along with what actually happens over the remaining week and make changes accordingly.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
the fee is not going to stop scammers what is going to stop/slow them down is the phone verification, you can not use the same phone number more than once, And your wrong a scammer will spend $3.00 to scam you out of $50.00, $100.00, $200.00. You will never stop them, all you can do is slow them down.
YOu must not deal with scammers a lot. A scammer isn't going to go through that much of a process just to scam someone and be banned minutes later. Scammers are borderline lazy.
Mike posted this on page 1
Source: http://www.epicnpc.com/epicnpc-news...em-incoming-upgrade-complete.html#post3092926
on another note can an unverified member give feedback? IE: If I sell/trade with them I asume I cannot get or give rep?
AdministratorSigh.. it worked. Mike, or some mod can you please PM me? I can't PM anyone.. I cant post in almost any forum... This just started a few days ago, what the hell is going on??? I'm surprised it let me post in here... I dont know what to do, I can't make a thread anywhere it just gives message to short error or do you want to leave this page even though its a full post. Hope this edit works, its becoming extremely frustrating. I know this is happening to a few other people I know who use these forums as well. Nope.. edit not working either.
- - - Updated - - -
it lets me replay to certain threads, but not all of them... cant even bump my own thread for the last few days
Administrator