New Forum Homepage

Not Recently Bumped
Administrator
(72 reviews)

EpicNPC

Level 100

Administrator

Trade Guardian Orders: 106

(100%) (72 reviews)
Country
United States
Member Since
Oct 17, 2007
Last seen

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
As you may have noticed we updated our homepage today. We have removed the huge forum list and replaced it with a search box instead to make finding the game you're looking for easier. One common complaint we've heard from many new members is that when they first start using the forum, it's very overwhelming and difficult to find what they're looking for. We hope this new addition solves that problem.

Along with the forum search, we have added a new forum directory which can be found here
https://www.epicnpc.com/forumlist.php

This directory lists all games alphabetically incase you'd rather browser around.

We will be renaming all forums today to make it easier to search for the game and category you're looking for.

You might have also noticed a "Trending" forum list below the search box. This list displays forums that have the most new posts in the last 30 days.

As always, please post here if you notice any bugs or have an comments on the update.
 
Banned - banned on postcount - http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?151429-Lako-is-official-a-thief-(With-proof)
My only complaint is with using the Green Theme, the games are all listed in blue. More of a "eye candy" complaint more than anything. Overall I like the change and it's easier to go through different sections now.
 
One of the reasons for the change is the amount of forums we have. We already have 900 forums and plan to expand this by 50% this year. Having that many forums is just too much and well eventually because unorganized. Using a search box and directory listing make it much easier to find what you're looking as the forum number grows.
 
Banned - banned GetYouBarbara
if this change is going to change with the "epicnpc site is down atm" things then I d say it's awesome. maybe the old style were too heavy and sometimes were crashing due to many incoming requests. (just an assumption I made,im not an expert in web development). I havent had any problems finding what im looking for with the new style. I personally like it like that.
 
Not liking this new layout much, probably because I'm used to the old one, but as long as it keeps the site's effectiveness at 100%, I'm all up for it.
 
Now add back chat and this site will be my homepage :D

No seriously, loving the update. I think it's better this way and makes sense when more forums will be added, rather than scrolling or "Ctrl+F-ing" you just type what you need in that live search. Maybe add that audio type of search like google uses for native English speakers to make it even more handy ;)
 
I was realy happy with the announcement of the overhaul. But the execution is not a improvement. It actualy makes it harder for people to go where they need to go.

Lets say:

I wanne sell eve online account. This game is not as popular as wow or cs:go so it is not in the favorites. I need to either search for eve or click on full directory. Type in eve or start a search in the full directory. The full directory i then need to select the letter E to then click on eve online accounts items. These are alot of clicks to just make it to my desired board. Ofcourse you can use the search wich speeds it up. But you can no longer see new posts or when you need to bumb your post in a no so active board.

A small thing that could help here is i think another tap like:

General Discussion -- Reviews & Disputes -- Private -- Game Listing
 
Banned - Failure to resolve - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/879196-Sold-Recalled-Name-Changed-WoW-Account-By-DirtyActions-Refund-Refused/page7
Great update, all you need now is the live chat back and the front page will be as good as google ;)
 
I was realy happy with the announcement of the overhaul. But the execution is not a improvement. It actual makes it harder for people to go where they need to go.

Lets say:

I wanne sell eve online account. This game is not as popular as wow or cs:go so it is not in the favorites. I need to either search for eve or click on full directory. Type in eve or start a search in the full directory. The full directory i then need to select the letter E to then click on eve online accounts items. These are alot of clicks to just make it to my desired board. Ofcourse you can use the search wich speeds it up. But you can no longer see new posts or when you need to bumb your post in a no so active board.

A small thing that could help here is i think another tap like:

General Discussion -- Reviews & Disputes -- Private -- Game Listing

We want members to use the search box as the primary way to find the forum they're looking for. Typing "eve' shows Eve Online as the 2nd result, so it should be easily found.

Due to some of the suggestions given, we will be adding a "favorites" system where members can add any forum they want to a new "favorites" tab which will also appear in the sidebar for quick access.

Feel free to make more suggestions.
 
The old layout is not returning even as an option. We currently have 900 forums and plan to have 1500 by the end of 2016. It's too much to load in a huge list.

We will be adding a favorites tab, so you'll be able to create a custom tab for whatever forums you use. This list will also appear in the sidebar for quick access from any page.
 
I think the new update is fine, however it could either improve navigation simplicity or make it harder as it now requires one to use a search bar rather than clicking on a link. I'm interested to see if the changes in network traffic are positive or negative.
 
Last edited:
The old layout is not returning even as an option. We currently have 900 forums and plan to have 1500 by the end of 2016. It's too much to load in a huge list.

We will be adding a favorites tab, so you'll be able to create a custom tab for whatever forums you use. This list will also appear in the sidebar for quick access from any page.

Oh nice the favorites tab will definitely improve things by a lot. I hope though that it's not limited to just 4-5 favorites.
 
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/keiichi-owes-me-fees-i-hope-he-is-okay-cool-dude.1433002/
And i'm not one of these mods.

I would love to have the chat system back running!
 
I don't really see how the chat system can cause any harm tbh, its good for someone who don't put there skype in posts so you don't have to wait longer, but I guess people have there reasons but anyways I'm starting to like the update since the games I use are on the top lists haha
 
Oo mike also the moment you said you where revamping the site i was thinking you where gonna do some cosmetic work aswell. Why did you not change the layout with it? The same old flaws in the design are visible and not beeing fixed for forever.


Never. Live chat was terrible. I'd leave and so would at least 2 other mods I know of.

This a strange comment from a mod. We wil leave if he brings it back? Why not bring it back with a option to disable it for whoever doesn't like it?

I seen scam disputes beeing solved rapidly because the hole convo was done in the chat. I also seen people spam other in the chat. So basicly you have pro's and cons. But yelling you wil leave if mike brings it back?
 
Last edited:
I'm usually a member who supports and always applaude the fact that you're continously improving the website, but this change is really, really bad. At a first glance, after seing the first page,I thought you've lost your database after another DDoS attack or other problems with the hosting provider. It's eaier to find stuff on epicnpc by using google than by using epicnpc itself with this interface.

If you're not willing to revert the change, at least make statistics and check how many views you get with the new system vs the old one. If it's more efficient, might keep the new one, despite the fact that it looks really bad. However, if it's less efficient, just revert to the old one ASAP.

If you really, really need to make this change, just pay a good designer to make the layout for the first page and see how you can integrate a gaming directory, as well as being able to keep the old style For example, put a very nice add on top of the page or whatever, like half page wide/long, where people can click and go to the "specialised" gaming directory, the new version you're trying to make and leave everything else as it was before.The first page feels too empty, that's the problem and in the past I was also able to find ANYTHING by just hitting CTRL+F on browser, then searching for the game I wanted. With the current system, you have to use the website search box, wait for results etc.

Or what this guy said:
"Maybe we can have layout option, have one to have the old one and one for the new one, or an option to have the side bar back "

Later edit: I've read that you're not even considering reverting as a valid option, so gl, hope you really know what you're doing.
 
Last edited:
Invisibility22 said:
It's eaier to find stuff on epicnpc by using google than by using epicnpc itself with this interface.

I'm not sure how finding a game is harder now. Before you had to browse through a forum list for 900 forums to look for the game you wanted. Now you can quickly type the first few letters of the game you're looking for and you'll see every forum for that game.

I received many complaints from new members saying they couldn't find the correct forum or were overwhelmed by the shear number of forums.

I get a lot of members liked the huge list, but it's simply not sustainable. You can't link to 900 forums on the homepage, (I can't think of any other site that does this) it takes too long to load and to grab the post statistics. As stated, we plan to greatly increase the amount of forums in the coming year, which would just further make the homepage even more bloated.

The homepage is new, it'll take some time to get used to, but now we have room to add more useful functions like the "favorite forum" system we'll be adding soon and other things in the future.

As for forum statistics, everything is either up or about the same as before. Higher posts, threads and registrations, same bounce rate and time on site. There appears to be zero negative impact from the change, if anything you can argue it has increased activity, but it's only been 4 days, so it's still too early to tell.

Over time we'll tweak the homepage to include more info and stats so it's not as "boring" as some are claiming. This is just the first step of many.
 
bring back live chat, since that was taken away i havent sold anything.....live chat makes selling fast and easy. private messages take too long and you lose buyers, since most people only come here for a day and never check there mailboxes. any top end website has live chat.
 
Last edited:
bring back live chat, since that was taken away i havent sold anything.....live chat makes selling fast and easy. private messages take too long and you lose buyers, since most people only come here for a day and never check there mailboxes. any top end website has live chat.

I'm not sure how many times people can say it's not coming back before you register that.
 
I just think it needs a quick link to each game some kind of side bar. I used to like just scrolling down and browse each game section even ones I had no intention of buying but ended up buying just because I randomly clicked on it.

Feels like a portal to me now, maybe I don't like change tho lol
 
Banned - failed to resolve dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/1094227-Final-Fantasy-11-account-scammed-by-epicnpc-super-moderator-Akane/page2
Regardless you have one of the best video game selling websites out there. Keep up the good work EpicNPC and I look forward to see the continued progress!
 
Both can be found with the search, but your right, it's not as easy to find if you don't already know about those forum.

The forum tabs and list will be revamped later this week to include forums like that.
 
Im unable to replicate this error and no one else has reported it, however based on that image it appears it's not fully loading

Do you have any ad blocker software enabled?
Can you try disabling all your security software then try loading the page?
Does it happen when you're logged out of your account?`
 
I have disabled all the blocks. I have tried on IE / Opera / Chrome which i don't use normally. Without login on Epic. It's kinda weird. Was fine yesterday. Not other webites / portals or forums are affected, so not sure what to do.
Main Epic page looks normal but when i enter each any every forum thread i getting similar issue.

Normally i would blame Firefox but I've tired on IE which i using once in a year and got the same. I have disabled my security software as well.
 
Back
Top