New Chat/IM system added!

Not Recently Bumped
Administrator
(72 reviews)

EpicNPC

Level 100

Administrator

Trade Guardian Orders: 106

(100%) (72 reviews)
Country
United States
Member Since
Oct 17, 2007
Last seen

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
Our old chat box on the homepage has been removed and has been replaced with a site-wide chat and instant messaging system that is superior to the old one in every way.

Some new features of the new system include

- Multiple chat rooms
- Member created chat rooms
- Member chat status (available/busy/invisible)
- Private instance message with chat logs recording
- IM sound notification
- Site-wide chatting so you no longer have to keep checking the homepage
- pop-out chat window

Not only is the new chat system more friendly, but hopefully this will lessen scams as members no longer need to switch to AIM, Skype or anything else to start chatting.

Currently the "Who's Online" shows everyone that is actively on the forums, however it is a resource hog and I might have to switch it to show only people using the chat. I'll give it a day or two to test it out and if I see a slow down in the forum speed, that will be changed.


UPDATE: The old chat box is back on the homepage and the new chat system has been changed to a IM system only.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Banned - failed to resolve dispute - http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/566183-Ash - hacking into a member's epicnpc account
Awesome, this should eliminate the need to verify AIM's now. Great job.
 
Banned - failed to resolve dispute - http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/658371-Scammed-by-xCommieKidx
Good Idea, but honestly. IMO!

Old Chatbox + IM is better.... Just my opinion of course!

the new chatbox is to much a hassle to use, as i have to open stuff :(

Other sites have done this and hasnt been met well lol.
 
There needs to be an ignore user button. I could be just over looking it, I will continue to search. HMU if someone knows where it is if there is one.
 
I also believe the old chat box was a lot more appropriate.
This new system isn't really going to work for me either. I really prefer to have the chat open just in the main page of the site.
 
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/keiichi-owes-me-fees-i-hope-he-is-okay-cool-dude.1433002/
I see that he old chatbox has been back again, honestly i liked it more it was more flexible imo.
But it would be nice if an option added that allow us to have it as an pop-out chat in a separate window.
 
Banned - failed to resolve dispute - http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/658371-Scammed-by-xCommieKidx
On a side note:

Wouldn't be bad to have another chat box for JUST verified members. Then it's a little more incentive to be verified plus you can have a chat box to discuss accounts and what not that maybe you don't want to make available to the "general public"


My 2 Cents though. It's fine how it is, but just something for future reference.
 
the chat system on the homepage doesn't allow for multiple chatrooms. The new chat does, but it seems people didn't like it as much and wanted to continue using the old one.
 
Banned - failed to resolve dispute - http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/658371-Scammed-by-xCommieKidx
Yes, aware about the multi-chat with the "new way" didn't know if there was a way to in cooperate just a secondary "channel" if you will on the box we currently have "the old one". I am quite partial to the current chatbox as it is convenient.
 
No currently there's not option to limit messages. For the time being just report members who are spamming and they'll get banned. I'll try to see if a solution can be found to prevent spam.
 
Banned - failed to resolve dispute - http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/658371-Scammed-by-xCommieKidx
The spammers i have seen recently have been delt with quickly by raven or perhaps another mod. All in all it appears to be somewhat in check.
 
Back
Top