Database Errors and Search

Not Recently Bumped
Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
(72 reviews)

EpicNPC

Level 100

Administrator

Trade Guardian Orders: 106

(100%) (72 reviews)
Country
United States
Member Since
Oct 17, 2007
Last seen

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
Update: On Monday while we were performing some optimizations to the server a critical file was deleted that we did not have a backup of. It took a while to determine the correct course of action and we ended up having to recreate the file that was deleted.

At this time there are still major issues that are still being worked on. Search, thread tags, new threads, post edits are all not working, but should be functioning again soon.

The store and credits system are also currently disabled. We are still working on this as well

I apologize for the downtime and we'll make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

------------------------------------

We began having issues with our server yesterday due to the new Sphinx Search engine which filled up one of our partitions on the server causing database errors. We've fixed the issue with disk space, however Sphinx Search is currently not enabled, so searches will not work.

We are working on fixing the the problem by increasing partition space and also by optimizing Sphinx Search so it doesn't fill up the space as quickly.

I'm hoping to get everything updated and working again today, but it might be longer. I apologize for all the trouble and delay, I wan't home for most of yesterday so was unaware of the issue until I got home.

Currently everything is working as normal except for any function that uses search.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the page isn't fully loaded because the quick reply box isn't there.

Try another browser and see if that works. If it does, then clear your browsers cookies/cache for the browser that isn't working.
 
I am happy to see EpicNpc Online

Here is "Database error" when i go "New Posts" and "Search"

When will be available credits and VBshop? :)
 
Last edited:
On Monday while we were performing some optimizations to the server a critical file was deleted that we did not have a backup of. It took a while to determine the correct course of action and we ended up having to recreate the file that was deleted.

At this time there are still major issues that are still being worked on. Search, thread tags, new threads, post edits are all not working, but should be functioning again soon.

The store and credits system are also currently disabled. We are still working on this as well

I apologize for the downtime and we'll make sure something like this doesn't happen again.
 
hey all, am still having troubles making new thread, looks like its not working, database error.

- - - Updated - - -

hey all, am still having troubles making new thread, looks like its not working, database error.
 
Last edited:
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/keiichi-owes-me-fees-i-hope-he-is-okay-cool-dude.1433002/
hey all, am still having troubles making new thread, looks like its not working, database error.

- - - Updated - - -

hey all, am still having troubles making new thread, looks like its not working, database error.

Yeah as DiamondStarFall writes, refer to EpicNPC (Admin) post

''At this time there are still major issues that are still being worked on. Search, thread tags, new threads, post edits are all not working, but should be functioning again soon.''
 
Hello Epicnpc and community,


I don't know if you're aware of the issue, but my private message maximum storage space is back at 250, even though I upgraded to 1500 slots. So I can't send or recieve any private messages because I'm at 300+/250 storage slots
 
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/keiichi-owes-me-fees-i-hope-he-is-okay-cool-dude.1433002/
Hello Epicnpc and community,


I don't know if you're aware of the issue, but my private message maximum storage space is back at 250, even though I upgraded to 1500 slots. So I can't send or recieve any private messages because I'm at 300+/250 storage slots

Yes should be working soon, still major issues that Admin must fix.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top