Anyone here used Player Auctions before?

Not Recently Bumped

epic14

Level 19

Trade Guardian Orders: 0

(0%) (0 review)
Country
Not Phone Verified
Member Since
Feb 16, 2014
Last seen
Hello, there.

I see no one has replied to your question. I have used Playerauctions since 2008 and I haven't had any issues. However, I recently attempted to buy another account from them and they're asking for my personal state ID, any utility bill statements, and my phone number. So I canceled both orders days ago and they're still pending in my Paypal account. So I am messaging them like crazy to make sure they don't charge me for the accounts I attempted to buy and then canceled since I am not willing to share that personal information with. Mind you I have been a verified seller/buyer since 2008 with a 100% review rating and a 100% order completion rating. Would I recommend them? Sure, but since I am not willing to give them the information above, I won't be using them anymore.
 
It's safe.
I am the top seller on there in the Habbo market, never had a problem with them.
Just make sure your record all trades.

Also, if you are a buyer, there is a $200 monthly limit they have. If you surpass this you will need to send in I.D.
 
Found this site in google searching for Player auctions

Horrible experience with this company. Insurance does nothing. It's just a way for them to make more money. They say they'll investigate your claim, but never follow up. Their job is to move transactions along quickly so they can get paid. Could care less about security yet they mislead everyone into believing they are the most secure. The only thing they do is make sure the buyer gets what he paid for but the seller can take the account back 5 minutes after he was paid and then you're out of the money because it's not Playerauctions problem after that. Worst part is they don't even ban the seller. Just keeps on selling. Haven't seen my account resold by him yet but my guess is he will eventually. Don't use this site.
 
I use to use them before finding epicnpc, I sold sever accounts threw them and the experience was horrid. Every single sale I done they made both parties show 3-4 proofs of id and bills. It took me 5 months of fighting with them to return funds to a buyer. I ended up giving the buyer the money from my personal account. I have since closed my account with them and never regretted it either.
 
I bought several accounts...every one of them but 1 was eventually reclaimed. Some a year or two later, but reclaimed. Regarding the "insurance", it's worthless. The standard reply from them is "prove the account was reclaimed. Just because you can't login anymore doesn't mean it has been reclaimed...DENIED". LIke anywhere, do business with repped members. The 1 I still have was from a guy with +25 positive feedback.
 
Last edited:
Banned - scammer-http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/667545-Scammed-by-Elitist-Sales?highlight=Elitist+Sales
I've been a seller on Player Auctions since Aug 2010

The site is safe for sellers, mostly for buyers with the exception of recalled accounts which are just horrible.

It's a great site if you never need support and your orders always work the way they should.

I recently tried changing my disbursement method from PayPal to Moneybookers, It took 9 days so far and finally today got a response of it will be done within 24 hours, we shall see...

Safety 8/10
Use 9/10
Support 2/10 Live chat only directs you to email support
Fees 3/10 very high fees

overall 5/10
 
Im not a big time seller. I just wanted to get rid of a few accounts. So i decide to pop the stuff up on Playerauctions.

Pretty quickly, someone shows interest in my D3 acc, and buys it.

I provide info, everythings dandy, except for a mobile phone authenticator i forgot to remove from the acc. That was done in a jiffy tho, and one should think the buyer would be all set.

Buyer then changes email on battle.net - and complains he can no longer log in... Before thinking any further, he disputes the sale, even tho the account was working fine, and it was just a matter of username having changed due to email change.

Dispute happens on the 13. I challenge it moments after, explaining that it is working, and that it must be an oversight from the buyer. The challenge goes on with a deadline on 72 hours. After 72 hours, and no reply from buyer, nothing happens. The challenge is still standing there, waiting to be denied by the buyer. After approx 100 hours (26 hours behind deadline), the buyer then finally excalates the dispute to the "Playerauctions Final Resolution Committee". Apparently, the seller will never win per default, and buyer will always be able to have his "say", even when deadlines run out.

I dont get an update about this, but apparently i should send some evidence to the "Mediation team". So i do. 2 days after, i get told to resend evidence, because they do not want .pdfs.. ffs, fine, i send them pictures, like they asked, and am told the buyer gets another 48 hours to reply to my evidence.. Wait what? The buyer is participating in the "Final resolution committee"?..
So now im on day 8, waiting, yet again, on the buyer and/or playerauctions.

There is no way to get direct contact with whomevers handling the dispute, theres no way to call them or anything. The chat support can deliver VERY limited assistance, and usually the assistance is what you can see yourself on the order.

And then i sold a neverwinter account and some neverwinter items that just went right through without any issues. Except for the high fee ofc.



So, conclusion; as long as everything is going swell between buyer and seller, and playerauctions doesnt have to "intervene", it seems to be a decent place to sell off items. But if you are unlucky, and just one retarded buyer buys your acc, and complains. Then youre in for a much longer run than you thought.. And i cant even do anything with the account while this is going on. A word of advice; if someone creates a dispute on playerauctions.. Just give in right away and try to sell it to someone else.
 
I've used PlayerAuctions to buy gaming accounts/items before. Two transactions in the past went smoothly. Most recently I tried to buy an account and after submitting payment, they sent me an email requiring the following:

1. Digital copy or photo of your government issued photo ID and with you holding the ID. (Drivers license or Passport that also states your postal address).
- NO Military ID / school/university IDs or links from image hosting websites.
2. Fixed Line Phone Number where we can reach you
3. Entire copy or photo of your most recent billing or utility statement with your name and current address shown on it. (We will not accept photocopies or with any erasures or any object blocking information on the document.)
4. Most convenient time to call you

They also offer using Western Union as an alternative to submitting these highly personal documents.

Are you kidding me? I'm not trying to get my identity stolen. **** that. I'm never using PlayerAuctions again.
 
Sold my account on PA, Everything went smooth buyer was cooperative, I think the website is more of a hit or miss kind of deal. You just hope the person your buying from or selling to is not a scammer.
 
PA is a great site to buy/sell pretty much anything. It's pretty hard to get scammed on PA. Pretty darn hard. Like, you have to ignore everything they say to do to get scammed lol.
 
Back
Top