EpicNPC Marketplace

Register a free account today to become a member! Then start trading, buying or selling with other members using our secure Trade Guardian middleman system.

Accountwarehouse scam! Sent me to collections!

0   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Do NOT do business with Accountwarehouse. They are SCAMMERS and every review is FAKE! They are thiefs and liars!!!

Last year I sold them a Fortnite account. I trusted all the reviews I read online and they seemed legit. A few months later they emailed me claiming that I took it back. I never took any accounts back. They threatened to chargeback me so I closed my Paypal account. I started receiving phone calls and letters demanding that I pay a debt to accountwarehouse. They would sometimes call 2 or 3 times a day and sometimes in the middle of the night. Last week I was filling out paperwork to buy a new car and when the dealership pulled my credit, it showed an open collection to accountwarehouse. I was not able to qualify to buy a car because of this. How is this even legal? I sold them the account, if they lost it then it's their problem not mine. They are a ****ing scam and will lie and force you to pay them. My credit score dropped 20 points because of thsi ****. Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM ACCOUNTWAREHOUSE. They will lie and ruin your credit all over a few 100 dollars.

ip hash: 19241603251029e65a4757

Accountwarehouse.com

Professional Seller Premium
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
Professional Seller
Large seller, normally with their own website or business.
127   2   1
Country
US/Canada
You left this same report on Sythe, EpicNPC, and Customerlobby. I was able to grab your email from the Customerlobby review and locate the person who posted this. As this is an open collections account, sent to a third-party there's not much much I can say about the collections process, but I can provide some clarity on what led up to the collections.

This customer sold us his Fortnite account in 2018. A few months later the account was clearly recovered. The linked email's details were changed and the customer's phone number was set as the recovery phone. This was a clear cut recall. We then reached out to the customer in order to give them an opportunity to return the account without any further action. The customer refused to return the account stating that since nobody was using it that it was not a big deal and that Epic doesn't allow accounts to be sold so his scam was justified. We gave the customer every opportunity to return the account before taking further action.

While I can't speak to the exact details of this collections, I can say that the customer was given many opportunities to settle his debt either directly with us or the collection agency. They were given letters and phone calls requesting repayment which I assume at this point they ignored. The final collections step is a report to the credit bureaus which I assume is what happened here. This is a direct result of the customer's actions.

Sending a customer to collections is a last resort for us since we have to pay fairly high fees to our collection's agency. We give them many opportunities to make things right. Many people selling to us think that since the transaction is done online, or they live in another country, or that game buying/selling is not allowed that they are free to commit fraud and essentially steal from our company and our customers. Let this stand as a warning to anyone who attempts to scam us that we will pursue the debt until it is repaid. As for this case, it is closed on our end. The OP can contact us directly to arrange repayment or they can contact the collections agency. The collections account and deragatory mark will not be removed until the debt is repaid.

ip hash: 758f02e82ea411897a6919
0   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
That is not true since I do not have the account cuz I sold it to you. If you got scammed by ur customer then that is your fault and not mine. Can anyone help me?

ip hash: 7a73c1f0462258025930ca

Phantomous

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
41   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
This isn't the appropriate sub forum for this kind of deal. Since this isn't in the Scam review section, I'll add my two cents. I purchased an account from AW four years ago, account got recalled by OO and their recovery process failed. They advertised that they test and verify recovery options before they sell any account, but it was blatantly obvious they didn't because they settled on giving me like 25% of my 1500$ purchase in store credit. Their customer service speaks English which is a refresher, but they gave me a terrible experience as well. I hope mods can get you to a solution.

ip hash: f9e640c1846b41498b38dc
0   0   0
Country
Finland
Multiple Accounts
This isn't the appropriate sub forum for this kind of deal. Since this isn't in the Scam review section, I'll add my two cents. I purchased an account from AW four years ago, account got recalled by OO and their recovery process failed. They advertised that they test and verify recovery options before they sell any account, but it was blatantly obvious they didn't because they settled on giving me like 25% of my 1500$ purchase in store credit. Their customer service speaks English which is a refresher, but they gave me a terrible experience as well. I hope mods can get you to a solution.
Surely you'd be entitled to a full refund?

ip hash: b7faec47732fffbacd0907

Phantomous

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
41   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Surely you'd be entitled to a full refund?
No, it ran into trouble a little over a year after I purchased it and per their terms and conditions that's all I got. It's just a little hard for me to believe that they test and verify they can recover accounts when they couldn't recover mine. Just another website that I won't ever use again, that's all.

ip hash: 864a2575210645254081b8
0   0   0
Country
Finland
Multiple Accounts
No, it ran into trouble a little over a year after I purchased it and per their terms and conditions that's all I got. It's just a little hard for me to believe that they test and verify they can recover accounts when they couldn't recover mine. Just another website that I won't ever use again, that's all.
That sounds insane. I would like to hear EpicNPC's stance on this. Essentially what that means is the original owner can recover the account after a certain time period if they wish and that's completely fine? I'm not buying an account to rent it for a year or whatever x amount of time, I'm buying total ownership of the account. Right? I'm not being crazy? Especially for that amount of money... Wtf!

Phantomous

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
41   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I purchased it from their website, not through EpicNPC.

You're not being crazy, it's just in their terms and conditions when you buy an account from them. buying MMO accounts no matter from who or where, has risk associated. That's why you have better options like AccountShark that will do everything in their power to help you out and even if they're not successful, he'll at least accommodate you in a better way than AW does.

From their website's warranty:
"If you have an issue after 6 months of your purchase, you will receive 25% store credit. "

I wasn't going to get cash back. They also have the option to buy an "additional warranty" which, according to their example, is 15% of the cost of the account on top of the price of the account you're paying for. So if an account is 1000$, you're adding 150$ for an insurance plan that will guarantee you a refund if something happens but it only covers up to the amount of money you spend. If you bought an account for 100$, get the warranty for 15$, and you make that account worth 1000$ due to whatever time you invested into it, you're only getting that 100$ back.

The only frustrating thing in my encounter is that if you can process a recovery today, you are able to do it a year from now. No original information changes.

Some websites (AW being an example) is a website that lives behind their policies and whenever you make any purchase to them, you are bound to them. They don't HAVE to do anything to help you other than what is in their terms and conditions. In my opinion, if you want an account, deal with someone who has overwhelming positive feedback. no negative or neutral feedback, and gives you a good vibe when you chat with them. My interactions with their customer service was mediocre at best.

ip hash: 864a2575210645254081b8
0   0   0
Country
Finland
Multiple Accounts
I purchased it from their website, not through EpicNPC.

You're not being crazy, it's just in their terms and conditions when you buy an account from them. buying MMO accounts no matter from who or where, has risk associated. That's why you have better options like AccountShark that will do everything in their power to help you out and even if they're not successful, he'll at least accommodate you in a better way than AW does.

From their website's warranty:
"If you have an issue after 6 months of your purchase, you will receive 25% store credit. "

I wasn't going to get cash back. They also have the option to buy an "additional warranty" which, according to their example, is 15% of the cost of the account on top of the price of the account you're paying for. So if an account is 1000$, you're adding 150$ for an insurance plan that will guarantee you a refund if something happens but it only covers up to the amount of money you spend. If you bought an account for 100$, get the warranty for 15$, and you make that account worth 1000$ due to whatever time you invested into it, you're only getting that 100$ back.

The only frustrating thing in my encounter is that if you can process a recovery today, you are able to do it a year from now. No original information changes.

Some websites (AW being an example) is a website that lives behind their policies and whenever you make any purchase to them, you are bound to them. They don't HAVE to do anything to help you other than what is in their terms and conditions. In my opinion, if you want an account, deal with someone who has overwhelming positive feedback. no negative or neutral feedback, and gives you a good vibe when you chat with them. My interactions with their customer service was mediocre at best.
Right, I know you didn't buy it through EpicNPC. However they are advertising on EpicNPC and have a presence here, meaning EpicNPC is "fine" with their policies. At least this is how it's been in the past with other similar sites.

It is indeed an odd "lifetime warranty" when after 6 months the warranty is basically worth nothing. Personally I haven't had a problem with AW and I've bought multiple accounts, however it's not a very nice idea that after a year the owner might just yank them back and they'll do nothing. Especially, like you said, after all the advertising that they can always recover the account, have the owner's ID on file and whatnot.