• We do NOT investigate off-site disputes. EpicNPC does NOT use Discord. We only investigate disputes if Trade Guardian is used.

Profile Update - Horizontal Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
We have changed the display of user profiles to display in a new horizontal configuration in order to decrease the amount of dead space caused by the vertical setup. The main goal is to decrease the vertical size, allowing more posts to appear on the screen at once, which in turn decreases the need to scroll.

At this time the profiles are a little messed up. It appears our test environment was not an exact replica of our site, but we'll have these minor issues corrected very soon.

We will also be updating the avatar sizes allowed on the site.

Current Default size: 100x100 px
New Default size: 80x80 px

For those of you who purchased the "Larger Avatar" item in our store, your avatars will be larger than the default, however smaller than the current size.

Current Large Avatar size: 180x180 px
New Large Avatar size: 120x120 px

These sizes might change during this first day as we optimize the look, but they will be around this.

D3BOOST.com

Trusted
Verified ID, 50+ feedback, member 1+ year.
Verified
A member who submitted an ID card.
EpicMember Upgrade
A member that has upgraded their account.
Country
Canada
Multiple Accounts
My personal opinion: it looks awful - so instead of dead space (vertical), it's now dead space (horizontal). It's annoying to have to look to the complete opposite side to view the feedback, contact details, etc..

I would love to go back to the old style.

Last edited:

Novun

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Hungary
Multiple Accounts
When I first saw this I told everyone I think it's a bug and we need to wait until it's back to normal. It's that weird.

ITALY

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Italy
Multiple Accounts
It really feels weird, i have to go from the complete right to complete left in order to check name and feedbacks...
I think before was more appealing, maybe we should have the possibilityto choose between 2 different themes ? (old and new)

progamer235

EpicMember Upgrade
Country
India
Multiple Accounts
first i thought it was some glitch in my browser but then I realised you guys updated the website. I will say that this is much effective than the previous layout and looking stylist. we hope to use this horizontal space more effectively by placing some more content or image. Please consider this in future. Good luck for developing :)

kenny_black04

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc.
Country
Romania
Multiple Accounts
Not at all, looks bad, really bad

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
I think it'll take some time to get used to, but functionally it's better. We're still working on a few issues, so the look will improve soon as it's still a little messy looking. We can also make additional changes to improve the look, so we'll also be doing this over the next few days based on member feedback.

D3BOOST.com

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Canada
Multiple Accounts
You should simply make the (Join Date / Country / Posts / Multiple Accounts / Awards) show up on mouse hover and keep the old vertical style. It would actually look much better and remove some of the "dead" space you are referring to.

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
I appreciate the feedback and we'll work on improving the look. Perhaps we'll have to adjust some other things in order to integrate the new profile look with the the post style.

EpicBoost

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
does feel weird looking because its new and will take time getting use to , also all the dead space in the middle between user name and feedback hopefully can fill up with profile bio or something

YouRememberMe

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Country
Russia
Multiple Accounts
here obviously you need to add more information and need to have a better view of the seller's feedbacks

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
The dead space in the middle can't be filled as this was designed with smaller resolution screens in mind. Members on tablets or smaller screens will have too much info on the screen if we fill that space with more info.

ITALY

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Italy
Multiple Accounts
does feel weird looking because its new and will take time getting use to , also all the dead space in the middle between user name and feedback hopefully can fill up with profile bio or something

Thats a very good idea, a bio would b e nice

MistiServices

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Multiple Accounts
looks awfull,this dead space in middle is complete garbage,better to have signature in that space then having it under thread.and move all on one side and rest of space leave for signatures.this is complete mess.

slyre

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Germany
Multiple Accounts
I think everything on the right side should be moved to the left with some space in between.

ARMIK

Middleman
Approved Middleman for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Global Moderator
Country
Ukraine
You need to move the part from the right to the left with some space between them. This hurts to watch.

The Integrity

Middleman
Approved Middleman for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Global Moderator
Country
Serbia
Looks awful. I don't think it saves much space either. You've basically just moved the dead space to a different location instead of removing it.

MistiServices

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Multiple Accounts
bi1tio8ztut2kkcv54an.jpg

Hurts that ur signature or anyone elses kinda covers up replies.And for real this si painfull to watch.Its just not convinent and whole forum looks like someone just mixed up stuff around.

Little Light

Trusted
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Russia
Multiple Accounts
The icons should be larger, like the avatars and other details highlighting the user / seller. Empty space in the middle looks so weird.

P.S. Oh, why did I buy an enlarged avatar? It's tiny now, lol

doomedtofail

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
I'll be honest I really do not like it and its hard to look at. Like honestly makes me like dizzy. Everything is too far apart.

D3BOOST.com

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Canada
Multiple Accounts
I'll be honest I really do not like it and its hard to look at. Like honestly makes me like dizzy. Everything is too far apart.
Yeah I still don't get why the whole design was changed in the first place. The dead space now looks much worse than what we previously had.

Hoping this will get reverted as it is very unpleasing & unpractical to even navigate a thread right now.

The only good thing is the details that show up when you hover your mouse cursor over someone's username. We should move all the stuff from the right side back to the left side and keep that mouse hover thing.

It would actually look more compact yet remove some of the dead space we previously had.

Country
Poland
Multiple Accounts
I honestly dislike the new design, it's not even about it being new and us not getting used to it yet.
Having to look on the very right of the screen to see feedbacks and contact info is super annoying.

doomedtofail

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
You also do not get a lot of information in this set up. Join date is no longer in post so you do not know when they made their account. Ban reasons no longer show on posts so now we have to hope users will go to the profile to see why. And like eloboostarena said feedback is so far away most people will not see it.

somaliasky

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Hong Kong
Multiple Accounts
The design is probably a move to capture more mobile audience. However, the vast majority users posting here are PC users that`s why we don't like this change.

7Leaf

EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Russia
Multiple Accounts
I guess one should be able to switch between vertical and horizontal style in personal view settings.

SaltnVinegar

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
I'm not a fan, I don't think I could get used to it even with time. I'll always miss the old style, it was much easier to see the important things quickly. I actually came to see if others felt the same way and seen 2 pages worth of similar views.

Last edited:

D3BOOST.com

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Canada
Multiple Accounts
The key part is that almost everyone who posted here doesn't think it's user friendly at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.