tags and their importance

Not Recently Bumped
Status
Not open for further replies.
(21 reviews)

Ombry

Level 51

Trade Guardian Orders: 2

(100%) (21 reviews)
Country
Italy
Member Since
Mar 16, 2023
Last seen
Country
Italy
Multiple Accounts
0
Hello,

I noticed that the first Epicnpc-related result on Google (and sometimes the first result overall) is always the "tags" page.

Let me explain. If you Google, for instance, "buy eden daoc plats", the first result is the "tags" page rather than the DAOC Private freeshard section.
1731679108113.png




I don't know if this is intended and I don't think this is ideal. It makes buying stuff like sticky posts, or even bumping trivial.
In the "tags" sections, the first result is always the newest thread with the same tag, and there is no way for older threads to bump back to the top. They will always remain below.



I hope this feedback helps.
 
For a few sections, the tag page does appear on Google ahead of the main section URL.

However for 99% of sections this is not the case. The main section URL almost always appears before the tag page.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top