WARNING! Off-site contact information posted. Most scams occur off-site. Please contact members directly via EpicNPC chat. We do not investigate disputes if you communicate off-site.
EpicNPC does NOT investigate disputes unless Trade Guardian was used. Instead we will conduct a review of the accused member's account. Please give the user a negative feedback instead.
If Trade Guardian was used, please go to the Trade Guardian > History or Active Transaction page and click the "Report" button. Someone will then join the chat and investigate your claim.
DISPUTE Information
######################
Link to thread (URL, Epicnpc thread): https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/pink-mercy-acc-include-sprays-and-icons-verified-user.2633131/
Approximate value of item/service: $444.44 USD
Date the problem began: 4th december 2023
Show proof of payment (screenshot): check attachments below
Describe the problem:
I bought the account on the 13th october 2023 via paypal g&s. The transaction was handled over epicnpc with a middleman. On the 4th december of 2023 I couldn't log in anymore and I checked my emails to see that the email of my battlenet account was changed back to the previous email the seller had it attached to. I was able to confirm this by checking the screenshots the seller had sent me to show me the battlenet account before I bought it, and I also contacted our middleman who also confirmed it was in fact the seller's previous email which claimed back my account unrightfully. Proof to this is attached below. Since the seller didn't immediately clear my friendslist, I was able to see that the battletag was changed back to how I originally bought it. They must've contacted blizzard and lied to them that their account was stolen or hacked and got it back. They claimed they weren't the original owner and that they didn't touch my account, and then tried to pin the accusations on me, that I was a scammer trying to steal their money. I don't care if the seller is supposed to be korean and the account is thai, you can just use a VPN to change region. They also sold a japanese account before where it said they were the OG owner. They also showed me a screenshot of the pink mercy skin receipt on their battlenet account, which shouldn't be possible if they're the second owner. They also claimed they didn't have the conversation or contact with the OG owner anymore, which I found very weird. I opened a dispute on paypal and 1 month later, after I've sent in lots of proof and them investigating both the seller's and my information, they've decided in my favor today and I got the money back. Before the seller knew I opened a dispute, they told me they would refund me half of the price if I didn't report them to paypal and gave me their phone number. Again, weird? Just looks like hush money. I never contacted them over the phone and kept it on discord, epicnpc and paypal. When they saw the dispute they turned very defensive and hostile and refused to pay back anything. They claimed I refused their help, which isn't true. I asked for help and all they said was that they didn't touch anything and couldn't help me. Please avoid this seller, never buy anything without an official middleman and never pay with friends & family. For this being my first account purchase, I was so extremely careful with everything and I still got scammed. The account and all the progress I've made on it is lost forever, but at least I've got my money back. I've got screenshots and screenrecordings of basically everything to prove what happened. I can add more tomorrow when I'm back on my PC. Thank you for reading.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here you can find information about our Dispute rules and how we investigate disputes.
https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/90442-Dispute-FORUM-RULES
If Trade Guardian was used, please go to the Trade Guardian > History or Active Transaction page and click the "Report" button. Someone will then join the chat and investigate your claim.
DISPUTE Information
######################
Link to thread (URL, Epicnpc thread): https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/pink-mercy-acc-include-sprays-and-icons-verified-user.2633131/
Approximate value of item/service: $444.44 USD
Date the problem began: 4th december 2023
Show proof of payment (screenshot): check attachments below
Describe the problem:
I bought the account on the 13th october 2023 via paypal g&s. The transaction was handled over epicnpc with a middleman. On the 4th december of 2023 I couldn't log in anymore and I checked my emails to see that the email of my battlenet account was changed back to the previous email the seller had it attached to. I was able to confirm this by checking the screenshots the seller had sent me to show me the battlenet account before I bought it, and I also contacted our middleman who also confirmed it was in fact the seller's previous email which claimed back my account unrightfully. Proof to this is attached below. Since the seller didn't immediately clear my friendslist, I was able to see that the battletag was changed back to how I originally bought it. They must've contacted blizzard and lied to them that their account was stolen or hacked and got it back. They claimed they weren't the original owner and that they didn't touch my account, and then tried to pin the accusations on me, that I was a scammer trying to steal their money. I don't care if the seller is supposed to be korean and the account is thai, you can just use a VPN to change region. They also sold a japanese account before where it said they were the OG owner. They also showed me a screenshot of the pink mercy skin receipt on their battlenet account, which shouldn't be possible if they're the second owner. They also claimed they didn't have the conversation or contact with the OG owner anymore, which I found very weird. I opened a dispute on paypal and 1 month later, after I've sent in lots of proof and them investigating both the seller's and my information, they've decided in my favor today and I got the money back. Before the seller knew I opened a dispute, they told me they would refund me half of the price if I didn't report them to paypal and gave me their phone number. Again, weird? Just looks like hush money. I never contacted them over the phone and kept it on discord, epicnpc and paypal. When they saw the dispute they turned very defensive and hostile and refused to pay back anything. They claimed I refused their help, which isn't true. I asked for help and all they said was that they didn't touch anything and couldn't help me. Please avoid this seller, never buy anything without an official middleman and never pay with friends & family. For this being my first account purchase, I was so extremely careful with everything and I still got scammed. The account and all the progress I've made on it is lost forever, but at least I've got my money back. I've got screenshots and screenrecordings of basically everything to prove what happened. I can add more tomorrow when I'm back on my PC. Thank you for reading.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here you can find information about our Dispute rules and how we investigate disputes.
https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/90442-Dispute-FORUM-RULES
Attachments
Last edited:

