Keep getting server error when updating a thread

Not Recently Bumped
(667 reviews)

MGaming

Level 100

Trade Guardian Orders: 445

(100%) (667 reviews)
Country
Indonesia
Member Since
Apr 1, 2018
Country
Indonesia
Multiple Accounts
0
Seems to be total character limit.

What is the character limit of a post or thread?

I tried editing it to just 1 letter "a" and it works, but my full thread doesn't work.

Console says Post 500 jquery-3.5.1.min.js error (internal server error).
 
Last edited:
I'm unable to replicate. I edited the title and thread (on your account) and did not receive any error when saving.

You don't receive this error when editing any other thread?
 
I'm unable to replicate. I edited the title and thread and did not receive any error when saving.

You don't receive this error when editing any other thread?
I already deleted alot of the content, so yeah I feel it was definitely character limit. But no idea how many.
Had to delete between 1/3 to 2/3 irc.

Obviously its not in the server because of the error
 
There is a limit, but it's really high. Most likely its the BB code that causing the issue. The code counts towards the limit.

I checked your thread and there's a lot of repetitive code. If you copy/pasted from other locations, it's probably adding extra BB code each time. If you clean it up that will allow you to add more.

Code:
[SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][COLOR=rgb(251, 160, 38)][SIZE=7][B][U]Payment options / payment methods:[/U][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[QUOTE]
[SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][COLOR=rgb(84, 172, 210)][SIZE=4][U][B]Preferred:[/B][/U][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]-Wise
 
It's not really a bug, the system will attempt to recreate the post to it's best ability, but this often will result in duplicate coding.

Sometimes during a copy you don't get everything and code is missing. Sometimes a copy will not use BB code, but some other coding so it will try to convert the coding. In cases list this, it often results in duplicate coding and the more you do it, the messier it gets.
 
Back
Top