IM System Upgrade

Not Recently Bumped
Administrator
(72 reviews)

EpicNPC

Level 100

Administrator

Trade Guardian Orders: 106

(100%) (72 reviews)
Country
United States
Member Since
Oct 17, 2007
Last seen

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
The instant messaging system (bottom right) that was added last month is very server intensive, couple that with a steady increase in traffic and I'm sure you've noticed the forums becoming slower and slower lately.

The RAM upgrade a few days ago has stopped the issue of the server getting overloaded and crashing or becoming unresponsive for a few mins, but the slow page load remains.

Because of this, the IM system is being moved off the server onto a dedicated one. Meaning I'll be able to turn on more features without causing a slowdown in the site. I'm going to try to get it setup today and I'll post once the switch has been made. There will be no downtime.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Banned - scammer - 3 scam threads - http://www.epicnpc.com/active-disputes/550290-naota-kame-took-money-namechange-vanished.html
Its updated now, after I posted the last one for some reason it started showing people. xD
 
Banned - failed to resolve dispute - http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/658371-Scammed-by-xCommieKidx
Curious Mike, What options are available for the IM System (other then Avatars...). If you don't want to list them I can understand lol.
 
There's a lot, I can add chat rooms, games, Facebook and Twitter functions and a few other things. I haven't turned any on yet because I'm not sure if any of that would be useful.
 
What browser are you guys using? I'm on FF and have no problems.

When you get an IM, you should get a new tab that carries over even on page reload or surfing the site. I've been using it without issue.

The only thing I can think of is if you have a popup blocker, maybe that's triggering it so the messages can't be opened.
 
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/keiichi-owes-me-fees-i-hope-he-is-okay-cool-dude.1433002/
Im using Firefox also and everything in the IM system works as it should.
 
Banned - failed to resolve dispute - http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/658371-Scammed-by-xCommieKidx
i use chrome, and it works great. I generally have around 5 epic NPC tabs open (watching different forums) and it still works.
 
Back
Top