For those of you who do not know, Game Pal is an MMO-based account sale site. Very similar to MMOBay with the exception they sell directly to the customer rather than offer an auction service such as eBay.
Regardless, I am posting this review on behalf of the hundreds of people who have been taken advantage by this sham of a business.
GamePal has been notorious for what I consider "Pressure Scamming." They purchase accounts from clients, usually teenagers who have no experience in RMT. When I say purchase, they usually pay more on the cheap spectrum of $100 upwards to ~$300. Now the issue is that GamePal will claim, even six months down the road (I've heard stories of up to two years down the road) that the account was recalled and they are demanding enormous sums of money in the form of collections. Here is an example.
They apparently work with a collections agency named Kross, Lieberman, & Stone.
This same collections agency has been reviewed as "harassing" several clients of gamepal. One example can be found here.
This harassment includes spam e-mails, phone calls made at abnormal hours or in numerous amounts, and even mail spam.
For anyone who is suffering through this crap; I suggest you hire a lawyer to write a formal review to to this collections agency so that they back off or you will take legal action. The fact that the collections is harassing clients to pay outstanding balances without required proof of a proper existence of said balance over long periods of time shows that they are not capable of building their own legal case against clients.
Don't be intimidated and call a lawyer.
If you don't believe me when I say GamePal is a terrible representation of a business, by all means, let the Better Business Bureau tell you!
GamePal - BBB.org
Regardless, I am posting this review on behalf of the hundreds of people who have been taken advantage by this sham of a business.
GamePal has been notorious for what I consider "Pressure Scamming." They purchase accounts from clients, usually teenagers who have no experience in RMT. When I say purchase, they usually pay more on the cheap spectrum of $100 upwards to ~$300. Now the issue is that GamePal will claim, even six months down the road (I've heard stories of up to two years down the road) that the account was recalled and they are demanding enormous sums of money in the form of collections. Here is an example.
They apparently work with a collections agency named Kross, Lieberman, & Stone.
This same collections agency has been reviewed as "harassing" several clients of gamepal. One example can be found here.
This harassment includes spam e-mails, phone calls made at abnormal hours or in numerous amounts, and even mail spam.
For anyone who is suffering through this crap; I suggest you hire a lawyer to write a formal review to to this collections agency so that they back off or you will take legal action. The fact that the collections is harassing clients to pay outstanding balances without required proof of a proper existence of said balance over long periods of time shows that they are not capable of building their own legal case against clients.
Don't be intimidated and call a lawyer.
If you don't believe me when I say GamePal is a terrible representation of a business, by all means, let the Better Business Bureau tell you!
GamePal - BBB.org
