Are the Steam Machine woth it?

Not Recently Bumped

woozy

Level 19

Trade Guardian Orders: 1

(100%) (1 review)
Country
Not Phone Verified
Member Since
Jul 16, 2015
I don't know. Steam machines are clever in concept, but they're really in a tight niche. Most people who have a lot of Steam titles and experience are going to stick with their much more powerful PC setups, and wouldn't want to "stoop" to use a console- while console gamers are going to expect something with either more horsepower and features, or be more "casual friendly" if that makes any sense. I may be entirely wrong, but it seems like the people that the Steam Machines are trying to get are likely already happy with their XB1's, PS4's, or even their Wii-U's, and it doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd be drawn to.
 
I dont think that the steam machine is worth it... If I were you, I would buy the STEAM Link for about 50€ I guess. So you can stream from your PC to the TV in your living room.
 
You are better off buying a SteamLink and using your PC to power it. In the end it's pretty much the same result except you can also play all the games that only run on Windows and since it's powered by your PC unlimited upgrades going forward without needing to buy a new SteamMachine to get more power.
 
Well I haven't got it but from the reviews & opinions i heard is that it's overpriced and doesn't compete with the xbox/ps4. Honestly had high expectations for this since but turns out it was a huge let down.
 
I could see it having value if Valve released exclusive games for it. But the last game Valve made was Portal 2, with CS:GO and L4D2 being 3rd party acquisitions and DOTA2 being a commandeering of what used to be a free source community project. Doesn't seem like they're interested in making games anymore.
 
Back
Top