Can you remove attachments that are not in the main body of a Thread

Not Recently Bumped

Fluentcee

Level 86

Trade Guardian Orders: 86

(100%) (214 reviews)
Country
United States
Member Since
Apr 28, 2023
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
0
I have a thread which has many similar looking photos which are often being replaced and removed. When those images are deleted, they are often still attached to the thread as an excess attachment at the bottom. This can create confusion for some buyers who will ask about an old or sold photo when they are viewing just the images at the bottom and not within context of the thread.

Is it possible to delete a photo from both the text body as well as the attachment underneath at the same time? Or purge not in main body attachments some way after the image is deleted?
 
Right, I should clarify, the images that I need to delete look very similar except for the outer edges in many cases, so I can't tell which should be deleted, but deleting all of them will surely remove the ones imbedded into the main body text. That's the issue I am trying to solve.
 
If you are uploading files, you could set file names in a way that would let you know which one is newer.

If you are just pasting images into the thread, then by default they would get the current unix timestamp in milliseconds as their file name which looks something like 1707963300349.png
When you see two similar images, the one with the bigger number is the newer one , so you can delete the one with the smaller number.
 
Back
Top