• We do NOT investigate off-site disputes. EpicNPC does NOT use Discord. We only investigate disputes if Trade Guardian is used.

Recommended anti-virus software?

riceballs

Trusted
Verified ID, 50+ feedback, member 1+ year.
Verified
A member who submitted an ID card.
EpicMember Upgrade
A member that has upgraded their account.
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Warning: Trade with Caution
I just recently built a new PC, and I would like some recommendations on a good anti-virus, paid or unpaid. Anything that doesn't hassle me 24/7 and does its job well :)

Keiichi

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
BANNED - Do not buy, sell or trade with this user.
Country
Japan
Multiple Accounts
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/keiichi-owes-me-fees-i-hope-he-is-okay-cool-dude.1433002/
I think Kaspersky would do fine for your new computer.

Keiichi

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Japan
Multiple Accounts
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/keiichi-owes-me-fees-i-hope-he-is-okay-cool-dude.1433002/
Just doing my best to help others ;)

ValkyrieNexus

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Windows Defender is just fine, really you don't need a anti virus if you take the right precautions. Have the right addons on your browser like an adblock, noscript, and BetterPrivacy-signed, so you can't get some mischievous malware while browsing the internet. One of the best things you can do is change your host file to block ads on your machine all together too. If you do this it blocks ads on any program that has ads in them like Skype. More can be found here: http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/

Don't download and run random .exe's from websites and if you want to download them in a VPS first and try them out first to see if their fine. If you are torrenting things make sure the torrent has a few comments on it first to make sure it's safe. Even with a anti virus you can still get virus and malware, your computer is only going to be as secure as long as your don't do stupid things.

MAD GOD

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Belarus
Multiple Accounts
Nod 32 update virusbase faster then others, i use it some times.

Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Windows Defender is just fine, really you don't need a anti virus if you take the right precautions. Have the right addons on your browser like an adblock, noscript, and BetterPrivacy-signed, so you can't get some mischievous malware while browsing the internet. One of the best things you can do is change your host file to block ads on your machine all together too. If you do this it blocks ads on any program that has ads in them like Skype. More can be found here: http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/

Don't download and run random .exe's from websites and if you want to download them in a VPS first and try them out first to see if their fine. If you are torrenting things make sure the torrent has a few comments on it first to make sure it's safe. Even with a anti virus you can still get virus and malware, your computer is only going to be as secure as long as your don't do stupid things.

yeah personally I would use www.malwarebytes.com for my anti-virus and I would use Windows Defender as my firewall if you're on Windows 10/8. For Windows XP or 7 I would use windows essentials as my firewall.

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
I use Microsoft Security essentials which I wouldn't recommend but it does the job, but I dual run Malware Bytes alongside it which I can vouch for 100%. It's great.

slyre

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Germany
Multiple Accounts
I can highly recommend Kaspersky :p

CrucialOdin

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Avast + Malwarebytes are wonderful.

Avast premier (paid option) is pretty comprehensive. -- If you do not teach it how you'd like it to detect, it can be called "garbage" indeed.
It catches majority of unknowns before it can do damage -- Malwarebytes set up is very thorough also (lifetime I purchased)

Jenkis

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Kaspersky Total Security + Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Country
Netherlands
Multiple Accounts

jbjorn

Country
Norway
Multiple Accounts
Banned - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/1026198-160-jbjorn-Steam-Acc
Best sofware is Malwarebytes and Mcfee. Both at the same time :)

Hellish v.2

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc.
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
I am using AVG, works well enough. I also play and do most of my stuff on a mac or in bootcamp on mac

F3v3R2k

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Romania
Multiple Accounts
I use kaspersky internet security which I find wonderful and feel more secure with the safe money browser, I also use malwarebytes antimalware with it, I find them to be a good combination.

If you can't afford kaspersky, you can always use a trial reset as temporary solution, but paid version is worth it.

buhzar

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
best ive used is malwarebytes

Galis

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Banned - failed to resolve https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/galis-scamming-people-boost-not-done-said-he-would-refund-but-hasnt.1503417/
Eset smart security if you're looking for a light antivirus. :p

Keiichi

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Japan
Multiple Accounts
Here is more described text of which anti-virus you would want to prefer depending on laptop or desktop

ESET:

-Best for Laptop

-System load= <10%

-Very small updates in MB

-Quick detection and quarantine

-Low price compared to kaspersky

KASPERSKY:

-Best for PC’s with more than 3gb of Ram

-Systemload =>25%

-Updates are more in MB, takes more time in scanning

-Securing Online Payment mode is worst(sometimes kaspersky blocks our transaction even if it is trusted)

-Best in detecting and removal of threats

So, concluding the points, if you are opting for laptop, ESET will be nice and for PC, Kaspersky is good.

Good luck, hope this text helps for these who still are unsure.

earNpuh

Country
Romania
Multiple Accounts
Banned - Banned on playerup = http://www.playerup.com/threads/zwave00-the-scammer-more-people-scammed-expecting-more-reports.2091103/#post-4077575
Malware bytes best one so far and the easiest

dkbloomfield10

Country
Ukraine
Multiple Accounts
Banned - Spam
I was using Eset NOD32. Pretty good antivirus, have a big library of viruses, also have a well-framed client design. It has a secure firewall with a good protection system, anti-spam, and 24 hours observation. But that was expensive, so I tried a trial version. The major problem was that the antivirus used a lot of system resources that's why my PC was lagging. Now I'am using antivirus Avast, which is free-of-charge. It has a neat firewall and 24 hours observation system.

BananaJoe

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Germany
Multiple Accounts
windows defender is completely fine for win 10 in combination with malware bytes and sandboxie

theflower

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
I've been using Kaspersky Total Security for the last two years, and they have been the most trouble free years of my life. In the past I would always catch a virus here and there, and it would just take hours or days to sort out. Source of many headaches. Ever since I started using Kaspersky I haven't had a single major headache like that. There are small problems here and there, often as a result of Kaspersky being "too good" and blocking something I want to actually run. I think I've got the settings perfected now though and will be sticking with it until I find something better.

CharliCro

Country
Croatia
Multiple Accounts
Banned - selling cracked accounts
embedded software system with windows 10 , if you use it , is strong enough , so you don't need additional antivirus which will just slow your performance

Phantom497

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
I really like KIS - Kaspersky Internet Security, rarely bug me and most of the times when problems come up, it can be fix easily due to large community.

creAtiff

EpicMember Upgrade
Country
United Kingdom
Multiple Accounts
Have used Kaspersky for years.. love it and it's always caught anything that would of harmed me.

:)