• We do NOT investigate off-site disputes. EpicNPC does NOT use Discord. We only investigate disputes if Trade Guardian is used.

Warning / infractions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoefken

Verified
A member who submitted an ID card.
EpicMember Upgrade
A member that has upgraded their account.
Country
Belgium
Multiple Accounts
Why is this board so hung up on the warnings / infractions. Everytime a person goes in another thread (they did not make) and comment on something and the original creator of the thread does not like it they swing with warnings. If you then respond to a response you get a infraction. What is wrong with freedom of speech? Now you must be wondering why i say what i say in the way i say it.

I have had some run ins with several people over the years, why? Because i type what i think when i think it. Is that wrong? When i see injustice beeing done or i have a opinion i say it (thats why several of these people i confronted with are banned). Did i ever offend someone or sweard at someone? No i did not (atleast not in public). Yet everytime i do i get these warnings and then infractions. I have been tought over the years that when someone gives a response to a opinion you respond aswell. To either agree or disagree.

Then last time i got a mod who gave me the following answer. I see you have done this in the past. Is it because someone infracted me in the past he should do the same? Whithout listening to arguments? I don't believe that is the right course of action. The right course should be to read and think logicly and then formulate a opinion and spread the opinion, have a healthy discusion and then act. Not act and then think about it.

Now why did i get into trouble this time, you must be wondering. I wil try to keep it short (i could be copy pasting all the post but i wil spare you the trouble) and be as objective as possible.

There is this graphic person who just joined the board and posted in his thread that you should not be paying other graph designers because there work was of low quality. I replyed to thread asking this person if this was realy necesary (in a bit more agitated manner). I instantly got a warning and a response from the poster. I replyed again because this poster was not so civil. Then ofcourse i got a infraction because i should not comment someone who is commenting me?

I then had a little talk with this mod about this hole shabang. In the end he kept on repeating himself like a kid who does not get a candy bar and wonders why.

After a while i saw a post from this graph person showing a somewhat easy to make graph and i responded in a normal manner telling him he should use a software designd for making animated pictures and not photoshop as it is not meand for it.

In less then 1m the post got removed. As i tought there was a little bug i the forums i instantly typed it up again and got a temp ban for several days.

When i then got in touch with EpicNpc himself he then explained that xx should not have infracted me for that but that the temp ban remained i was like WTF? I need to rant a bit on the forum once i can go back on.

I then came back and placed the same message in that graphics post again and it got removed again. This is just pathetic, why can't i say the image is not of a high enough standard and the software beeing used is not meand for it?

Also according to epicnpc it is ok to say no graph designer on here is good enough to pay money to. But you can't say person X is no good? So in general you can say everyone sucks but you can't say person x sucks. How does this makes sense? According to mods and admins it is a sales pitch. This is to ridiculouse to even comprehend.

You can not speak your mind but can offend several people! As long as you do not say a name!

- - - Updated - - -

Just now my post was gone for a minute or two. I believe some mod - sup mod deleted it again and admin needed to put it back. This is one of the only good things on the board. The fact the admin can be impartial and respond in all honesty. Yet sometimes he does not act correct in my opinion. But my opinion might not always be correct in others views.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be shure i will copy paste my post

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperOne

EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
You seem very sure that what you say on a site you are not the owner of is freedom of speech and to a certain extend you are correct. But you joined a free forum that you choose to do business and make money on with a service you seem to claim is better than the person you were criticizing. She clearly states in her ad that she is passionate on what she does and has not been doing it for a long time but loves what she does and you come along and flame her with what you claim is work that is sub-par. Now for a opinion you are not going to like based on my right to hit you as you did her. You are a person with a problem with anyone that chooses to offer what you do to try and demean what they do to get ppl to hire you for your work which I must say is like everyone elses and is not unique.
I went to bat for a person I knew not to be what the person was claiming they were and was infracted and yes, I was pissed I was hit but I did not abide by the rules and was hit for it right or wrong.
Blow your horn as loud as you want and you might get ppl to agree with you but in the end all you are is another person that does not belong here. "my opinion"

doomedtofail

Trusted
Verified ID, 50+ feedback, member 1+ year.
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc.
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Because other members are allowed to be free from your harassment. You are very rude to your fellow graphics artists. You constantly berate their work and tell them they suck because they do not charge as much as you. I remember once I had a signature done and you mocked it by drawing a crude middle finger saying thats what it must look like because I didn't pay your prices. And i remember another time you were very rude to me because I was extremely busy running a service shop and did not respond to you in a timely manner.

Stop turning everytime you get an infraction for being rude to your fellow members into a crusade against apartheid. We tell you time and time again that behavior is not allowed and will not be tolerated yet you never listen.

Zoefken

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Belgium
Multiple Accounts
I geus viperone should read better. She graduated with a degree in graphics. Or atleast she said so. I did not start with saying hey you suck. She did that on here own, offending the hole lot of other graph artist on here. Yet you both focus on what i did. Did i do the middle finger? I might have in some context i cant remember. But if i did i probably had a reason for it (could have been sarcasm).

And what has this to do with apartheid doom? This has more to do with scensoring post because one person feels like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also no answer on the removing of my posts. I did stop after the infraction, yet a super mod made a horrible mestake and did not reply until he removed the same post again.

Lako

BANNED - Do not buy, sell or trade with this user.
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Banned - banned on postcount - http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?151429-Lako-is-official-a-thief-(With-proof)
Because it was THEIR post. Not yours. You keep questioning us about everything with it, but, yet, you keep bringing up the Freedom of Speech. As I told you before, it only goes so far when we have RULES here, that you need to Abide by and you didn't abide by them. You aren't above the rules here. You break a rule, you get punished. Simple as that.

Zoefken

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Belgium
Multiple Accounts
I agree, thats why i am not saying the infraction is wrong. I am asking why my post that did not break rules gets removed. I have a email from mike stating the last post should not have been removed or infracted. Yet it happend again when my temp ban was done.

I know that when i spread my logic and feelings about posts i get infracted and i take the smack for it. But when you as mods make a mestake be man enough to say you did.

Also i can not agree with the salesman pitch idee. "he did not called out someone specific" that aint correct. In your logic it is ok to offend several people. At the same time no one can offend one person.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have the guts of offending all graph people you should be ready to be critisisd about your work. He even said he would like critiques. And i did, i did not lie and gave pointers. If you want i can post my initial post.

ViperOne

EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
I geus viperone should read better. She graduated with a degree in graphics. Or atleast she said so. I did not start with saying hey you suck. She did that on here own, offending the hole lot of other graph artist on here. Yet you both focus on what i did. Did i do the middle finger? I might have in some context i cant remember. But if i did i probably had a reason for it (could have been sarcasm).

And what has this to do with apartheid doom? This has more to do with scensoring post because one person feels like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also no answer on the removing of my posts. I did stop after the infraction, yet a super mod made a horrible mestake and did not reply until he removed the same post again.

Again you are hammering ppl because they do not side with what you say or how you interpret a sentence.. At what point in any conversation here do you not understand that you get hit based on your actions and yours alone. This will become another thread of someone that cannot handle being criticized based on their internet ****** behavior. You sir are a lost cause.

ViperOne

EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
There is not a great man dead or alive that believes that. Is it safe to assume you are referring to yourself? Here is a idea Zoef and you might like this: with all your experience and knowledge of being a GA. etc build your own site and make a the best anyone has ever seen. Make it a free forum like this one so ppl can post their opinions and when they go to far or break your rules, infract them and justify your means. Good luck to you but I believe you will say you do not need luck.

Zoefken

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Belgium
Multiple Accounts
Lol thats a typical answer for someone who has no opinion and is main stream. Follow the flock and the world wil be the best place there is.

Let me ask you one thing, why do politicians change laws?

EpicNPC

Administrator
Country
United States
Trolling other members sell/trade threads is not allowed. You can't say "your price is too high" or "your account isn't good enough" or "I would never buy that" or start an argument with them about something they wrote. It's a sale thread. The seller is not interested in your opinion, they are looking to make a sale.

People come here to buy, sell and trade accounts and items, not to be trolled. They have a right to post their sale how they want and make whatever sales pitch they like. In the graphics thread you're referring to, the seller is allowed to say "I'm better than all the other graphics designers here, buy from me instead." There's nothing wrong with a negative sales pitch attacking your competition. It happens every day in commercials and other ads.

As stated, there is a certain limit to a negative sales pitch, you can't call your competitors scammers or shady, but you can say you're better than they are.

If you had a problem with something there are TWO report buttons you can use to contact me or a mod and explain what you think is wrong.

You were given a temp ban because you have a pattern of not listening to moderators when they tell you something. You also received 3 warnings/infractions before your temp ban. As I said, if it was me I would have temp banned you after the 2nd.

As for your critics in the Graphics Discussion forum, those shouldn't have been removed and it was resolved and the infraction removed. Giving someone critics about something they made is not trolling imo as long as it's constructive.

We hand out infractions because we don't want people to be scared to sell their items. If we allowed trolling in sales thread and sellers had to worry about being made fun of for pricing their accounts or items too high, they might not want to post it. This is why no negative comments are allowed in sale threads. When someone reports one it will be removed every time accompanied by a warning or infraction.

Zoefken

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Belgium
Multiple Accounts
Sorry to say Mike but you are wrong.

• redcard_small.gif
    PrivateReason: Regular Violation

09-06-2014 09:13 AMby Lako

10-06-2014 09:13 AM

• redcard_small.gif
    Profile InfractionReason: Minor Violation

09-06-2014 08:59 AMby Lako

10-06-2014 08:59 AM

According to me these are two and not three. The point count is 3 but i only recieved a warning and after a infraction.

In belgium we have something called courtasy, wich means we don't say ours is better then x. We say ours is better "period". There is no reason what so ever to break apart someone else just to make more sales. If you believe there is we should not be continuing this discusion as we clearly do not see eye to eye. I have proven before some mods - sup mods and incapable of making good judgments.

I stil am waiting on our to actualy tell me why he is acting like a teenager. We used to have a good relationship on skype and the board. And now he acts like a teen who's candy got stolen by a bullie.

None the less i can understand your logic about interfering with posts, but maybe a good idee to prevent this is creating a [private][/private] tag where people can talk with the original post creator whithout interfering with the general topic. It was never my intention to lower the posters sales. It was my intention of showing him that the way he did it was low. We are all adults who try to earn some extra cash, but what he did will lower others work, not because he is better but because he tells others he better. Use your skills to get buyers not dirty words.

Sakura

Trusted
Former Mod
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence.

Figure that out.

ViperOne

EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
I am just curious if you actually read what you type before you post it? Now you are crossing the line of what country is better and which one is not. This is the point where you need to educate yourself on the finer points of business and how to do it on a AMERICAN BASED WEBSITE!!. You abide by the rules and if you do not like those rules, leave us all and make our community better without you in it.

Mike and the ppl that help him run this site are not perfect but they bust their asses to give a safe and stress free place to do our gaming business or whatever service someone chooses to offer. You are choosing to make yourself look like a total insensitive person and I am sure based on your comments you are perfectly content in doing. If I were Mike I would perm bann you based on your inability to understand clear and well spelled out rules. You have insulted ppl I call friends and do business and now you are making this a my country is better than yours issue.

A wiseman once said: Do not let the door hit you in the *** on your way out!

Last edited:

Zoefken

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Belgium
Multiple Accounts
That i can not see Mike.

When did i offend any of your friends. If you can be specific i wil not hesitate to appoligize as it has never been my intention to offend anyone. If on the other hand you and your friends are incapable of logic that however is your issue and not mine.

I do read what i type. And i know in this manner i said that the mentality of sales in the US is poorly. Why do i say this? Because you allow company's people to offend one another to get bigger sales and expect people to understand. If that is right in your opinion great that is your decision. I however do not appreciate such low mentality of bussines. And i bet most of the EU residence would agree with me. Thats why when a company does that in belgium they crash and don't sell anything. We buy what is good not what people say is better then X.

I never said people don't try, i said people make poor judgment. Don't try to turn my words.

Am i insesitive to try and point out flaws? Or am i trying to help by throwing in another perspective?

Lucky you are not Mike, because in that case you would be running a website that would loose alot of members fast. If you would ban me for beeing honest and direct it tells alot about you. Tell me how many people could join you if you don't follow your own rules?

That last sentance was not necesary was it? But glad to see you have a sense of humor.

Sakura : You are correct, thats why i aint complaining about the infraction. Yet it seems you sup-mods can do something wrong and don't even apoligize for it. Now i proven you sup-mods are incapable of beeing inpartial. As you and xx both acted without thinking, letting your emotions handel things is not good when you have a status (yes even on the inet). The last time we had a convo i proven you where wrong, yet i am stil waiting for a apoligy.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked and you are right Mike, yet it was reversed.

• PrivateReason: Spam (Flooding, Post Farming, Ads, etc)

09-06-2014 08:05 PMby Pikachu

Reversed

• redcard_small.gif
    PrivateReason: Regular Violation

09-06-2014 09:13 AMby Lako

10-06-2014 09:13 AM

• redcard_small.gif
    Profile InfractionReason: Minor Violation

09-06-2014 08:59 AMby Lako

10-06-2014 08:59 AM

• yellowcard_small.gif
    PrivateReason: Point of Contact

09-06-2014 04:04 AMby Lako

Reversed

- - - Updated - - -

In that way i can infract everyone - reverse it - and then go and tell you where infracted before?

If you believe i am a lost cause why do you even attempt to make a point? I can take a hit, thats why i aint mad or disgrunted about the infraction. I am disgusted by the manner mods talk and act based on what i "so called did previously". If a mod - sup mod can't be inpartial and act according there own rules why should a normal member do? Why did my last 3 posts including this one get removed (4)? Why does one person have the right to offend several people but I can't tell them how i feel about that? I never said this person was a jerk or a ahole or whatever else. I just said i did not agree with how they spoke about the other graph people. And just so you know what i typed before making another post that makes no sense i wil copy paste it.

Hey fellow graph person. I do appreciate some competition but spreading word that others work is not even worth paying for is a bit low? don't you agree? I agree there are better and worse designers (graphical minded people) But they ask money according to what they produce.

*Secret* From what I have seen the work being done is not what should ever be charged for but shhh..... I'll explain what I mean. Would you spend $100 on a poster from across the ocean, but the seller doesn't guarantee satisfaction and once you order it NO REFUNDS. *Secret*

This lacks respect towards your fellow graph designers.

But you said you would accept critics?

The fonts you use for the txt on the sigs you showed lack the style and finesse that is needed. The first one is way to prominent and agressive that you loose focus on whats around it. You have 3 txt's on one sig all to big. The second one has again the same problem with the to big fonts. And here you have the outer glow trick (junk trick) for keeping it visible.

A small trick for sigs is the | | | trick. Never add a image in the center of a picture as it eats up space (visual) keep it either in the left or right midle. This trick can also be used for images taken with a camera.

The first image i am wondering what those black borders are at the top and bottom, they look out of place (you have some sort of same problem in image 2). The swirl you added i do like. The big light behind the render is ok but to prominent (needs to be more subtle). And the background looks way to blurry.

Image 2. Copy paste of image parts all over the place is not designing but pasting. The bleach image is nice and the smoke infront looks ok but why is the smoke infront red and all the rest gray? Uniformity is key in most cases. And here the smoke should be gray as in theory no light can come infront of the image --> light source is in the back.

I hope this teaches you humility and respect for those others around here who try to make a buck on the side. None of us here are pro designers or we would not be on here penny scraping would we?

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see (correct me if i am wrong) i never insulted anyone in this post. I gave my view on a post that was insulting if you can read threw the lines. There are better designers on this board. And i was not the only one who felt offended. I am just the only one who realy speaks out. I can't help it, when i feel there is injustice i speak up. And i have yet to hear anyone in this topic that can say more then "it's the rules, obey them". A great man once said "rules are there until someone shows they are wrong". I don't say the rules are wrong i am saying the rules should apply to everyone or be altered for the situation.

Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
I hate to join this useless conversation about freedom of speech and infractions and trolling an all this nonsense. But lets make some things clear.

*Secret* From what I have seen the work being done is not what should ever be charged for but shhh..... I'll explain what I mean. Would you spend $100 on a poster from across the ocean, but the seller doesn't guarantee satisfaction and once you order it NO REFUNDS. *Secret*

In what language and time period would that ever say that I am saying any graphic designer is bad on this site. I clearly stated that with the perfect words and you responded in a perfect response but didn't justify why you don't think I should say that, you mentioned about not being professional, then why should a non-professional designer be allowed to charge professional designing prices? WAIT HERE COMES THE RESPONSE "Oh what I charge professionals charge they charge sooooo much more and they are super expensive" A professional street artists charges usually $20 for a panting that is done right before you in 5 minutes. A professional designer charges $100 an hour average but if something they know takes only 15 minutes to do that's $25. What I clearly meant by that statement is that people here charge crazily high. I want a banner a desktop background and and avatar that all match. Now I as a buyer I don't want to go spend 50-60$ I'd want to spend maybe 10-20. So what the real meaning was, from a buyers stand point you should come to me instead of him because every person who has contacted me about work has paid what they have wanted to pay, I asked them what do you think is a fair price they said something I said okay deal. End of subject.

In other words you are going off on way to many people, however I do not associate with you anymore I do agree you should not have been infracted or even temp banned.. Just my opinion. You seem to know a lot about design you just seem to have a nasty attitude about it. Now don't get me wrong and don't take offense to that comment, but you know you can go over the top for no reason. In my animation I clearly stated it was a basic thing. Obviously I know there are better tools and programs for animation then photoshop but just because photoshop isn't meant for animation they stay have it in there.

Lastly I will take the time to apologize to you, ZoeFken, for offending you in anyway or shape that I may have. Any comment that I said that was offensive I regret and deeply sorry about.

PS
Because I graduated with a degree (diploma) in Information Technology from my high school with a mastery on Adobe photoshop, does not give you the right to claim that I didn't and that I don't have the skills that a person would if they did graduate with it. Basically you were saying I didn't graduate from a technical vocational high school because you and no one else claims that YOU know what a designer who graduated from HIGH SCHOOL's work looks like. I'm also so sorry that I was not aware that you researched High school graduates designing skills over the 1000's maybe millions who have graduated from a high school with that. Thank you for your time of reading and once again have a nice day sir.

Last edited:

Zoefken

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Belgium
Multiple Accounts
Niki first of all who says you are the only one who graduated. I have 4 certificates from diffrent adobe programs. Where i graduated with only 79% - 92% for PhotoShop. And this was only a course of a year. So yes i should know what skill base you should have when you got a master.

Apoligizing means nothing when you don't alter what you say. It is easy to say i am sorry but not meaning what you say.

When a pro street artist asks 20$ for 5m he earns how much in a hour? 20 * 12 = 720$ a hour. So am i or anyone on this site overpriced? I ask a price but is that the price we agree upon? Why did i type in these prices? Well to be honest it is to keep cheep people away from me. People that say "hey i pay you 5$ for a sig". If you want to do just that, i don't stop you. I say go ahead, have fun, enjoy, ... . But it is not necesary to say none of us is worth the amount of money. (and yes that is what you said!) "
From what I have seen the work being done is not what should ever be charged for but shhh.....
". You could have said "i believe everyone on here charges to much so i ask you what you want to pay". The diffrence in words is immence. I would not have botherd with even responding to your thread. But saying the work is not good enough to be charged?

I appreciate you gouing out of your comfort zone and having this convo with me. It shows me you are willing to listen and maybe change your ways. Or just honestly did not notice how you formulated you sentence. Or i am crazy enough to see words that are not present.

Keiichi

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
BANNED - Do not buy, sell or trade with this user.
Country
Japan
Multiple Accounts
Warning: Trade with Caution
Banned - dispute - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/keiichi-owes-me-fees-i-hope-he-is-okay-cool-dude.1433002/
Just noticed Zoekens posts because i have him in my ignore list.

Sorry Mike

I did what i thought was right but EpicNPC had a different view in this but still i wont ever regret these actions
And i don't ever owe a apoligizy to Zoefken.

I won't waste more of my time arguing in a thread like this.
And he is waste.

Period.

Last edited:

Zoefken

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Belgium
Multiple Accounts
And then sup mods say i am insulting people? And ofcourse Sakura is liking the post?

This says more then enough.

Sakura

Trusted
Former Mod
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
I'm locking this.

You constantly bait us and then report the post.

If you continue this trolling I will issue you an infraction which should lead to a temp ban.

Just stop. Stop posting on other people's threads and stop acting like you are being persecuted.

Status
Not open for further replies.