• We do NOT investigate off-site disputes. EpicNPC does NOT use Discord. We only investigate disputes if Trade Guardian is used.

How To Protect yourself from a scam when buying accounts.

Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
I was recently scammed $100 Epicnpc took care of the guys account from what I can see, getting the money is not a big deal but I wanted to shed some light on how you can protect yourself and buy YouTube accounts the real way.

1. If they say to send them money as: friend or family over at PayPal don’t! when you use that method of sending money there is not a buyer protection and thus cannot be disputed when you are wronged. The reason being it is not a "goods or Service". The only way a transaction should be done is for a service if sending money pick " Pay for Goods or services" you are covered even if down the road the account is flagged as stolen/hacked/hijacked etc.

2. With YouTube there is a management system, ask them to add you so you can also view the channel and see that you are getting what you asked for before any transaction.

3. Always ask questions to make sure the account is theirs and not stolen finding an old video or checking the channel from a social ranking status like
https://socialblade.com/will aid you in verifying.

Let me know what you think, & open to updating this to include other accounts of various types. Thank you for your time and reading this.

Edit: maybe update this in the infocenter in the paypal section.

Last edited:

Hellish v.2

Trusted
Verified ID, 50+ feedback, member 1+ year.
Verified
A member who submitted an ID card.
EpicMember Upgrade
A member that has upgraded their account.
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc.
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Great information.

F3v3R2k

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Romania
Multiple Accounts
I was recently scammed $100 Epicnpc took care of the guys account from what I can see, getting the money is not a big deal but I wanted to shed some light on how you can protect yourself and buy YouTube accounts the real way.

1. If they say to send them money as: friend or family over at PayPal don’t! when you use that method of sending money there is not a buyer protection and thus cannot be disputed when you are wronged. The reason being it is not a "goods or Service". The only way a transaction should be done is for a service if sending money pick " Pay for Goods or services" you are covered even if down the road the account is flagged as stolen/hacked/hijacked etc.

2. With YouTube there is a management system, ask them to add you so you can also view the channel and see that you are getting what you asked for before any transaction.

3. Always ask questions to make sure the account is theirs and not stolen finding an old video or checking the channel from a social ranking status like
https://socialblade.com/will aid you in verifying.

Let me know what you think, & open to updating this to include other accounts of various types. Thank you for your time and reading this.

Edit: maybe update this in the infocenter in the paypal section.

I'm afraid that paypal can charge back even if payment was made via Friends/Family in the event the paypal account from which payment was sent was previously reported as compromised or if there can be proof that payment was made without owner's consent.

What I was inspired to do, was upgrade to a paypal business account and then create some terms and conditions for things I am selling, I then introduced the terms and conditions in a invoice and force customers to agree them before payment.

To avoid getting scammed, as a buyer, I'd suggest using middle-man, people with experience in selling domain, and this not only if seller doesn't have a good reputation. Buying old accounts could improve the risk factors, you could get your account suspended for something that happen months or years ago, so always go for sellers with reputation, a seller with reputation would never put something with high risk factors on market, knowing it could endanger his or her reputation. (Exception could apply)

I've had to learn most things the hard way, since lots of people attempt to scam on a daily basis. Anything shorter than good reputation and/or middle-man clearly states that you know and accept the risk factors, you choose to take a risk buying that account or product.

That's just my opinion.

zakazulu

EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
I mostly sell stuff and some had very high value for just being virtual items, like 200-300+ and have never been scammed, a lot of people tried and the most important rule (that takes out almost all of them) is to not sell or buy from people who are or act desperate. 99% of the time people who try to put pressure on you and that means anything that is in the form of :

- "why are you so slow..."
- "be faster..."
- "i really need to go so can we make this faster..."
- "i really don't have the money right now..."
- "i really can't pay right now but..."
- not paying 100% attention to you
- refusing to accept your security measures/answer questions or evading them

Are trying to scam you.
This of course goes 2 ways, you can experience the same as buyer. The second thing is always document everything you can, find out their real name, take screenshots of the skype conversation, if they had previous accounts elsewhere, if they even play the game they want to buy stuff for etc. just a lot of common sense things that are really easy to find out.

And I only accept Paypal gift since while it's not 100% safe it's a lot more work to issue a refund with it than with a regular payment, but that's just an option if you are dealing with somebody who has high rep.

EpicNPC CM

Administrator
Country
United States
Some other good tips to avoid scams :

Find out all possible usernames/emails/account names - google before completing transaction.

Search our site for the above as well, most of the time it will show up on google anyway.

Check for feedback on our site as well as other sites.

Record all conversations, account information, and payments.

You can also use our automated middle man system Trade Guardian.

Hellish v.2

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
Thanks for all the helpful tips. Can never be to cautious

Country
Germany
Multiple Accounts
But one thing I am scared about is, that the seller dont give me every information about the account like old payments, and then he will just report the email and account as stolen and because he have more past information he will get it back, I am about to make a deal and I ask for any information but sometimes I get the answer I dont have it or dont remember and I dont know if I can trust that, I never remeber payments on my old accounts but they might lie... even with a middle man you cant avoid this...

Hellish v.2

Trusted
Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Former Mod
Country
United States
Multiple Accounts
It is the nature of buying and selling. You need to either vet people really well, or know the game well enough so that all pertinent information is received and it would take something like notarization to get the account back.

F3v3R2k

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Romania
Multiple Accounts
As seller, I always take risks having to sell to people who don't even have accounts here on the forum, there are always risks. But like I said, reputation matters, so the better the reputation is, the lower the risk factors are.

Country
Brazil
Multiple Accounts
Yes, you are right. Im new here but i keep reading threads on any part of the forum. Thank you all for the tips ^^

BruddahWan

Verified
EpicMember Upgrade
Country
Canada
Multiple Accounts
I mostly sell stuff and some had very high value for just being virtual items, like 200-300+ and have never been scammed, a lot of people tried and the most important rule (that takes out almost all of them) is to not sell or buy from people who are or act desperate. 99% of the time people who try to put pressure on you and that means anything that is in the form of :

- "why are you so slow..."
- "be faster..."
- "i really need to go so can we make this faster..."
- "i really don't have the money right now..."
- "i really can't pay right now but..."
- not paying 100% attention to you
- refusing to accept your security measures/answer questions or evading them

Are trying to scam you.
This of course goes 2 ways, you can experience the same as buyer. The second thing is always document everything you can, find out their real name, take screenshots of the skype conversation, if they had previous accounts elsewhere, if they even play the game they want to buy stuff for etc. just a lot of common sense things that are really easy to find out.

And I only accept Paypal gift since while it's not 100% safe it's a lot more work to issue a refund with it than with a regular payment, but that's just an option if you are dealing with somebody who has high rep.

This is probably the most useful tip around.
I've not been scammed so far, but I've definitely seen people act this exact way, and I'm glad my gut feeling was correct.