• We do not use Discord. Our middlemen do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.

When was the last time you upgraded your PC?

Garp

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
Country
South Korea
Multiple Accounts
I'm still using my trusty GTX 980 TI, has been serving me well for the past 5 years. However, a long overdue upgrade is on the way, waiting for Nvidia's RTX 3000 series to release so that I can finally upgrade.
When was the last time you upgraded your PC?

iAccomplish

Global Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
EpicMember Premium Upgrade
Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
Haven't upgraded for 2 going into 3 years now.

Don't intend to upgrade until something dies or unless a game I play needs a powerful PC.

Garp

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
Country
South Korea
Multiple Accounts
Haven't upgraded for 2 going into 3 years now.

Don't intend to upgrade until something dies or unless a game I play needs a powerful PC.
Cyberpunk is around the corner and i plan on playing that game in all its 1440p ultrawide glory.

At the moment, no GPU can handle my monitor، that's why I'm waiting for the new generation RTX series.

Here's to hoping.

iAccomplish

Global Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
Cyberpunk is around the corner and i plan on playing that game in all its 1440p ultrawide glory.

At the moment, no GPU can handle my monitor، that's why I'm waiting for the new generation RTX series.

Here's to hoping.

I'm pretty sure a 2080 TI can handle 1440p fine, and if that isn't sufficient you can run SLI in 2020 and that's completely over kill for games.

Garp

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
Country
South Korea
Multiple Accounts
I'm pretty sure a 2080 TI can handle 1440p fine, and if that isn't sufficient you can run SLI in 2020 and that's completely over kill for games.
Sure can. My monitor isn't a normal 1440p screen though. I'm using an ultrawide 1440p 49inch gaming monitor. The amount of pixels it has is almost the same as the amount of pixels in a 4k screen. I want to be able to run games at 100+ fps and the 2080 TI can barely do that in most games.

iAccomplish

Global Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
Sure can. My monitor isn't a normal 1440p screen though. I'm using an ultrawide 1440p 49inch gaming monitor. The amount of pixels it has is almost the same as the amount of pixels in a 4k screen. I want to be able to run games at 100+ fps and the 2080 TI can barely do that in most games.
Jesus that's huge, well I'm sure the 30 series are only going to be slightly better than the 20 series. Having a monitor like yours you must have enough money to run SLI lol and you probably might need to

Garp

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
Country
South Korea
Multiple Accounts
Jesus that's huge, well I'm sure the 30 series are only going to be slightly better than the 20 series. Having a monitor like yours you must have enough money to run SLI lol and you probably might need to
It's gorgeous.

The 2080TI has got to be one of worst value cards ever made. I don't have $3000 (How much it would cost here) to buy two overpriced graphics cards lol. Most rumours are saying that the 3000 series are going to be similarly priced to the 2080Ti but it's going to be around 20-30% better. Also, AMD has something planned so more competition is better for us! Also, I think SLI is a thing of the past, Nvidia has dropped its support on its more recent GPUs.

iAccomplish

Global Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
It's gorgeous.

The 2080TI has got to be one of worst value cards ever made. I don't have $3000 (How much it would cost here) to buy two overpriced graphics cards lol. Most rumours are saying that the 3000 series are going to be similarly priced to the 2080Ti but it's going to be around 20-30% better. Also, AMD has something planned so more competition is better for us! Also, I think SLI is a thing of the past, Nvidia has dropped its support on its more recent GPUs.
That's indeed true. SLI has died out recently and that is really expensive over there in SK. Only about $2K here

AMD cards are just not as reliable as Nvidia cards.

We'll need to wait until 30 series come out and we'll find out :D

Garp

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
Country
South Korea
Multiple Accounts
That's indeed true. SLI has died out recently and that is really expensive over there in SK. Only about $2K here

AMD cards are just not as reliable as Nvidia cards.

We'll need to wait until 30 series come out and we'll find out :D
Nvidia has always released superior GPUs in terms of raw gaming power, however it's difficult to ignore the great value and pricing of AMD products.

We just have to wait and see, 16 more days to go till Nvidia's announcement!

iAccomplish

Global Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Global Moderator
Country
Australia
Nvidia has always released superior GPUs in terms of raw gaming power, however it's difficult to ignore the great value and pricing of AMD products.

We just have to wait and see, 16 more days to go till Nvidia's announcement!
You're right, AMD is worth every penny, but Nvidia is just way more powerful and reliable.

It's waiting time now!

Apache

Forum Moderator
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Local Moderator
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I brought a used pc from Facebook marketplace about a year ago. Back then, for me it was a beast since I’ve never had an actual GPU or any pc component to run MMOs, etc. All these new games releasing, this pc feels like my old pc haha. I’m definitely in need of an upgrade!

Dropain

Country
Italy
Multiple Accounts
At the end of May, I upgraded my PC with a brand new RTX 2070 and 16gb of DDR4 3600Mhz. Unfortunately, the new Nvidia series has just came out but I don't need such a powerful GPU at the moment.

zoe998

EpicMember Premium
Country
Burma Myanmar
Multiple Accounts
I bought my pc 2018 August
still using it without any upgrade i5 8400 , gtx 1660 VRAM 6GB

Edit : the only upgrade is monitor AOC 27G2 144hz

Report ip hash: 0f8dfd3ace19bc795dabfc

QRX

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
Estonia
Multiple Accounts
I bought 2 RX580s last month. They were both used for mining, but I run them in crossfire, and they work fine.

Report ip hash: 11b1f2068d75b2bd66535f

Aria Company

Trusted Upgrade
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I got a 1660 TI in August. Fast forward a couple months, and that card is now $600 due to Bitcoin :LOL:

Report ip hash: 2a849d3c151eb275ec9812

BerryPunch9

Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
my specs:
i7-10700k (oc 50x core/47x cache)
z490m gaming edge
noctua nh-d15s
16gb ddr4-4400 (tightened timings)

and, drumroll...
Radeon R7 360

Funny thing is im still cpu bound in stellaris which is the game i play most so... whatever. Works well enough in PoE and WoW as well, I would like to pick up an rtx 3000 series card at some point though i dont plan to upgrade cpu until at least 2022 if there's something interesting and gpu supply/price situation atm is unbelievable.

Report ip hash: 104e3ba397efebd3b879f2

cl0wn11

Country
Latvia
Multiple Accounts
I'm actually thinking about building my very first pc within next 6 months. Just need to save some money.
What you guys would suggest for video card and CPU? I would want to spend around 2k on just the case.

Report ip hash: 46b456fb02d823d5d18135

Aet

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Upgraded around a year and a half ago, and honestly, with the slow pace that I play games, I doubt I will upgrade again soon.

Report ip hash: 4a51914f5c9cf93b479f0e

samuolZ

Country
Spain
Multiple Accounts
Now its very difficult to get series 3000 without paying an overprice, but i would like to upgrade to an 3070, because im with an 1070 like 3 years

Report ip hash: 373b692bdaa6b7ca9b43fd

EpicNPC CM

I do NOT buy/sell/mm on ANY platform.
Administrator
Country
United States
I got lucky and managed to get an EVGA 3080 XC3 last December.

Unfortunately, I had to RMA as a fan stopped working, but their support sent out a new one pretty fast.

I heard the 4000 series is going to be an even bigger upgrade...

Report ip hash: f1ede023bdd8dd6d51cb93

xStrathModz

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
United Kingdom
Multiple Accounts
Upgraded last year from an Acer Predator Laptop to my current setup 3800x 2080 (couldn't get a 3070/3080 for the life of me :( )

Report ip hash: 961134993cbcd8e31c96a9
Country
Finland
Multiple Accounts
Anyone seriously mined in 2017/2018 and how did you fare in the end after things collapsed in 2018? I've fairly seriously mining now.

Wait weird, either wrong thread or this forum doesn't support multiple tabs very well.

Last edited:
Report ip hash: e6b19eda81ef0f86d72202