EpicNPC Marketplace

Register a free account today to become a member! Then start trading, buying or selling with other members using our secure Trade Guardian middleman system.

• We do not use Discord. Our middleman do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.

When was the last time you upgraded your PC?

Garp

Forum Moderator
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Local Moderator
30   0   0
Country
South Korea
Multiple Accounts
I'm still using my trusty GTX 980 TI, has been serving me well for the past 5 years. However, a long overdue upgrade is on the way, waiting for Nvidia's RTX 3000 series to release so that I can finally upgrade.
When was the last time you upgraded your PC?

ip hash: 870c4183a90637bbaca204

iAccomplish

Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
EpicMember Premium Upgrade
Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
Local Moderator
183   0   1
Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts
Haven't upgraded for 2 going into 3 years now.

Don't intend to upgrade until something dies or unless a game I play needs a powerful PC.

ip hash: 2345366ffdd2a64289dc40

Garp

Forum Moderator
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Local Moderator
30   0   0
Country
South Korea
Multiple Accounts
Haven't upgraded for 2 going into 3 years now.

Don't intend to upgrade until something dies or unless a game I play needs a powerful PC.
Cyberpunk is around the corner and i plan on playing that game in all its 1440p ultrawide glory.

At the moment, no GPU can handle my monitor، that's why I'm waiting for the new generation RTX series.

Here's to hoping.

iAccomplish

Trusted Upgrade
Local Moderator
183   0   1
Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts
Cyberpunk is around the corner and i plan on playing that game in all its 1440p ultrawide glory.

At the moment, no GPU can handle my monitor، that's why I'm waiting for the new generation RTX series.

Here's to hoping.
I'm pretty sure a 2080 TI can handle 1440p fine, and if that isn't sufficient you can run SLI in 2020 and that's completely over kill for games.

Garp

Forum Moderator
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Local Moderator
30   0   0
Country
South Korea
Multiple Accounts
I'm pretty sure a 2080 TI can handle 1440p fine, and if that isn't sufficient you can run SLI in 2020 and that's completely over kill for games.
Sure can. My monitor isn't a normal 1440p screen though. I'm using an ultrawide 1440p 49inch gaming monitor. The amount of pixels it has is almost the same as the amount of pixels in a 4k screen. I want to be able to run games at 100+ fps and the 2080 TI can barely do that in most games.

iAccomplish

Trusted Upgrade
Local Moderator
183   0   1
Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts
Sure can. My monitor isn't a normal 1440p screen though. I'm using an ultrawide 1440p 49inch gaming monitor. The amount of pixels it has is almost the same as the amount of pixels in a 4k screen. I want to be able to run games at 100+ fps and the 2080 TI can barely do that in most games.
Jesus that's huge, well I'm sure the 30 series are only going to be slightly better than the 20 series. Having a monitor like yours you must have enough money to run SLI lol and you probably might need to

Garp

Forum Moderator
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Local Moderator
30   0   0
Country
South Korea
Multiple Accounts
Jesus that's huge, well I'm sure the 30 series are only going to be slightly better than the 20 series. Having a monitor like yours you must have enough money to run SLI lol and you probably might need to
It's gorgeous.

The 2080TI has got to be one of worst value cards ever made. I don't have $3000 (How much it would cost here) to buy two overpriced graphics cards lol. Most rumours are saying that the 3000 series are going to be similarly priced to the 2080Ti but it's going to be around 20-30% better. Also, AMD has something planned so more competition is better for us! Also, I think SLI is a thing of the past, Nvidia has dropped its support on its more recent GPUs.

iAccomplish

Trusted Upgrade
Local Moderator
183   0   1
Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts
It's gorgeous.

The 2080TI has got to be one of worst value cards ever made. I don't have $3000 (How much it would cost here) to buy two overpriced graphics cards lol. Most rumours are saying that the 3000 series are going to be similarly priced to the 2080Ti but it's going to be around 20-30% better. Also, AMD has something planned so more competition is better for us! Also, I think SLI is a thing of the past, Nvidia has dropped its support on its more recent GPUs.
That's indeed true. SLI has died out recently and that is really expensive over there in SK. Only about $2K here

AMD cards are just not as reliable as Nvidia cards.

We'll need to wait until 30 series come out and we'll find out :D

Garp

Forum Moderator
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Local Moderator
30   0   0
Country
South Korea
Multiple Accounts
That's indeed true. SLI has died out recently and that is really expensive over there in SK. Only about $2K here

AMD cards are just not as reliable as Nvidia cards.

We'll need to wait until 30 series come out and we'll find out :D
Nvidia has always released superior GPUs in terms of raw gaming power, however it's difficult to ignore the great value and pricing of AMD products.

We just have to wait and see, 16 more days to go till Nvidia's announcement!

ip hash: dc66a01541285359baa9b4

iAccomplish

Trusted Upgrade
Local Moderator
183   0   1
Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts
Nvidia has always released superior GPUs in terms of raw gaming power, however it's difficult to ignore the great value and pricing of AMD products.

We just have to wait and see, 16 more days to go till Nvidia's announcement!
You're right, AMD is worth every penny, but Nvidia is just way more powerful and reliable.

It's waiting time now!

Champ

Forum Moderator
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Local Moderator
26   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I brought a used pc from Facebook marketplace about a year ago. Back then, for me it was a beast since I’ve never had an actual GPU or any pc component to run MMOs, etc. All these new games releasing, this pc feels like my old pc haha. I’m definitely in need of an upgrade!

ip hash: cbef8c0066c9c47342c0e3
14   0   0
Country
Italy
Multiple Accounts
At the end of May, I upgraded my PC with a brand new RTX 2070 and 16gb of DDR4 3600Mhz. Unfortunately, the new Nvidia series has just came out but I don't need such a powerful GPU at the moment.

ip hash: 7a4ce724d8ccc6b3f30cea

inzzane

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
6   0   0
Country
Latvia
Multiple Accounts
I brought a used pc from Facebook marketplace about a year ago. Back then, for me it was a beast since I’ve never had an actual GPU or any pc component to run MMOs, etc. All these new games releasing, this pc feels like my old pc haha. I’m definitely in need of an upgrade!
I can totally relate this, it was a steal price for the gpu but all these new games one after another coming out with increasingly better minimum specs required, soon its gonna be time.

ip hash: 9a1d5233431da298cd542a