• We do not use Discord. Our middlemen do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.

Tips to avoid getting scammed

sktigerjs

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Well i've been using Markee for a while now, to trade/sell/buy accounts, and here are my tips to best avoid getting scammed.

1.) If a person offers to trade a character but doesn't have time on it, just stop talking to them and ignore them.

2.) Not willing to give you their number? Then you should not be willing to talk to them any further.

3.) Always save the AIM conversations between you and the person you are trading/buying/selling to for your record.
For example, I bought a nice rogue account for 500 bucks, the guy recalled the rogue, so I just filed a claim at "ic3.gov" and they went to talk to him, he payed me back and I just closed the claim. Don't think that you can't do jack against scammers, you can do something, and don't just let it go, pursue it to the maximam the law allows of you. Their are many site you can goggle that can give advice on what to do when your scammed, it's basicaly internet fraud, and the person that scammed you can be prosecuted.

4.) If the person acts fishy to you, they probably are fishy, just stop talking to them.

5.) Always try an get as much information from the person you are trading/buying/selling with, cus the more you know about them, the less likely they are to scam you cus you got their info. p.s. write all the info down, or type it in a textfile and save it, try an be organized so you can keep track of who you traded what with.

6.) Last but not least, lol, if they can't show in game laugh at them and just tell them to piss off.

Well thats about it, if anybody else has some good advice, post it and help other people from being scammed.

-sktigerjs

Arazine

Long-term member
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Good tips however..

[ QUOTE ]
.) Always try an get as much information from the person you are trading/buying/selling with, cus the more you know about them, the less likely they are to scam you cus you got their info. p.s. write all the info down, or type it in a textfile and save it, try an be organized so you can keep track of who you traded what with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be able to verify information they give you. Not many folks have the ability to do that. Thats why we strongly recommend TrustWhoVerification.

Also...

If they give you a long story about how they need money for bills , support the family....(insert sob story here ) especially if they tell you stuff thats totally not relevant to the trade ..back away.

They are doing this to make you feel secure- create a relationship with you that way you let your guard down.

TradeMe105 MD-banned

Banned
BANNED - Do not buy, sell or trade with this user.
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Alex > all end of story also alex send me a PM i need to talk with u -.O

lethalblow

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
I've also noticed that a lot of scammers try to rush you, so try to trade when both you and him/her have enough time. If they have a story/excuse, ask to talk to him/her after. If they want info 2 seconds after they give you theirs, they probably don't want you to verify anything on the acc/key. Use a MM.

bossxii

Long-term member
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
There is always a way to first ask their name, phone number then call them. Then once you see the area code simply go on AIM and send em the link to www.whatsmyip.com once they give you the IP you can run it thru a free tracker and it will tell you the city/state. Matches up to everything else.. your good to go.

Scammers won't give the info and if they give you some lame excuse about privacy.. ignore em and move on. You don't buy anything in real life without offering up your CC numbers, home address, phone etc... online or otherwise. No reason to change the way things are done now. The tools are out there you just have to be consistant about your methods. I have no problems giving my phone, address, IP etc.. when dealing with someone. I've cleared up the last 2 scams mainly because I have had their phone. I will call them and get to the bottom of it, if that doesn't work I log the AIM conversation and as someone mentioned submit it to the athorities and do it all legally.

And finally as I just got signed up tonite.. Trustwho verified people are always a much safer start then a random anon poster. I know everyone has to start somewhere but for the amount of transactions and money that is involved with MMO accounts/items etc... $5 to verfiy who someone is.. is nothing.