EpicNPC Marketplace

Register a free account today to become a member! Then start trading, buying or selling with other members using our secure Trade Guardian middleman system.

Scammed by PersonalBoost, lost 4 characters in wow account

Dispute Type
Scam Accusation

clementchantb

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
49   0   0
Country
Hong Kong
Multiple Accounts
Dispute Against
PersonalBoost
Information
######################

Purchase Date: around Feb 2019
Date the problem begain: around june
Method of Contact Used (chat progam): Skype/ Discord
Instant Messenger username of the person you're accusing: PersonalBoost (Epicnpc), live:personalboostwow (Skype), PBACC#9573 (Discord)

Your Instant Messenger ID: clementchantb (EpicNPC), tnemlec#8801 (Discord), tnemlec (skype)

Other information: I'm not the only recent customer that this has happened to.

DISPUTE Information
######################

Link of transaction thread (URL, Epicnpc thread): there are no transaction threads, his own personalboost thread?
Approximate value of property: around $7000 Euros (4 great rank 1 characters) Thats how much i spent
Was Trade Guardian used? No
If yes, what is the Trade Guardian ID?

What is the dispute about?

Long and complicated story

i have been working with PersonalBoost since beginning of WoW Legion, and ever since he have became my go to "personal" booster over the years
he have been trust worthy and got all the jobs done in the past without any problems, never had any problems with my accounts whatsoever.
Even when i took breaks and come back to wow, never had issues with my accounts in the past.

In 2019 i hired him as my booster again to farm some mounts and rep grinding in WOW BFA, but since BFA is too shitty i decided to take a break from the game altogether in around feb-march 2019
when i took a break i did tell him to finish up whatever he is farming.

So i recently came back and wanted to login my account to check out wow classic, and found out that 4 of my main characters were transferred off the account.
So of course i messaged PersonalBoost and of course there are no replies from him, he just ignored me. tried paypal chargeback etc and of course no luck, since our payment was made more than 6 months ago.
Being shocked that 4 of my characters were trasnferred off, and with a few trusted friends here also telling me that he turned rogue and scammed a lot of other people.
My characters were sold to some other members on this site for 3-4k euros altogether
I checked yesterday and i recognize my characters being sold on one of the threads.

Before i took a break, u always had to input your SQA to transfer characters, and since when did battle.net got a revamp and doesnt not require SQA anymore, anyways...

I did not try to contact the wow GM yet as i want to try and solve this the easier way as i got in touch with the seller who currently has 2 of my characters

i originally own:

R1 Demonic demon Hunter (i was told this has been banned)
3x R1 Fierce/ Ferocious/ Dominant Warrior
R1 Grievous Rogue with HOTH/ HW
R1 Relentless WArrior

After i spoke to ALex on skype yesterday, he still have my 3xR1 warrior and R1 rogue in his possession
This was sold to him by PersonalBoost
I wanted the characters back of course
im at a great loss right here. He said the characters are still under the same last name, so this would eventually make things a lot easier to just have them transferred back to my acct

Other details / notes:
attached is the transaction history of the characters off my acct

and also chat with Alex, a buyer who bought the characters from PersonalBoost
Hes a Victim as well

im just trying to solve this in the most simple way

hope admins and mods can give some insights/ advices on how to deal with this. I really dont wanna see the stolen characters being sold out and then people trying to do stupid things like name change it and get it permanent banned... etc

Proof
######################
You MUST provide proof or your claim will not be valid!

Chat Log Screenshots (make sure username is visible, not display username): I am more than happy to provide screenshots to any EpicNPC Mod who needs them.
Payment Screenshots (make sure the accused email is visible): I am more than happy to provide screenshots to any EpicNPC Mod who needs them.
Other proof:

Attachments

ip hash: a16b125c8d4cb3284aef3d

Adoxia

Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Super Moderator
14   0   0
Country
US/Canada
ip hash: 68da829da830952fde0383

doomedtofail

EpicNPC Verified
Middleman
Approved Epicnpc MM for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
Verified Upgrade
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc. Stepped down on good terms.
328   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
If they were transferred that long ago blizzard will probably not reverse the transfer.

You can try the character transfer history it may tell you the account it was transferred to, at least it used to, and try contacting the buyer through that email. But obviously they probably won't return it as they did not scam you.
I had a booster try to do this here and but unsuccessfully as my paypal marked it fraudulent.

ip hash: 4308cbbf90b81a720df2af

BeraAccounts.com

Premium WOW Account Vendor
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Premium Upgrade
Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
150   1   2
Country
Turkey
Multiple Accounts
@Tec6686 [Current Owner of the Characters]

ip hash: 17bc16293e80f9f9bc6b38

clementchantb

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
49   0   0
Country
Hong Kong
Multiple Accounts
need proof that he is currently holding the characters and also how much he paid for them

ip hash: e88d124bfd6be2cf486eab

clementchantb

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
49   0   0
Country
Hong Kong
Multiple Accounts
If they were transferred that long ago blizzard will probably not reverse the transfer.

You can try the character transfer history it may tell you the account it was transferred to, at least it used to, and try contacting the buyer through that email. But obviously they probably won't return it as they did not scam you.
I had a booster try to do this here and but unsuccessfully as my paypal marked it fraudulent.

The characters stolen by personalboost were sold to a member of epicnpc (look comment above) and I tried to find where my chars went so I looked through all the threads. I saw 2 of my characters listed for sale on Bera’s topic here on epicnpc, so I messaged Bera. He helpfully set me up with a guy named Alex. instead of recalling or reporting the characters, i want to find a fair solution with “Alex” (Tec6686), even willing to split the Loss of what he paid personalboost for those characters. Wether he knew personal boost was on a scamming spree or not is unknown to me, But i know for sure that those characters are listed for sale right now listed. Even though i am willing to split some losses to get my chars back Tec6686 wants 2200 euros for 2 characters. The triple rank 1 warrior and also rank 1 rogue. I just want to have some proof that he is currently A) holds the characters B) he really did pay 3478 euros as he claims

im a bit paranoid on who to deal with at the moment

doomedtofail

EpicNPC Verified
Middleman
Approved Epicnpc MM for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
Verified Upgrade
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc. Stepped down on good terms.
328   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Well he'll have to prove multiple things to you. He will have to show you the name on the account that toons are on still match your account. A lot of time these accounts get namechanged. If you were to buy them back and the name is wrong you might not be able to put them back on your account as namechanging the blizzard account isnt simple

ip hash: 814dcf6690502823f59982

EpicNPC

Administrator
Administrator
60   0   0
Country
US/Canada
First I want to summarize so we're all on the same page.

Feb 2019 - clementchantb hires PersonalBoost to boost his WoW account
June 2019 - PersonalBoost is banned for scamming
Sept 2019 - clementchantb checks his account to see 4 chars were transferred off
Sept 2019 - clementchantb notices BeraAccounts.com listing those characters for sale

BeraAccounts says all 4 characters were purchased by Tec6686?

R1 Demonic demon Hunter (might be banned)
3x R1 Fierce/ Ferocious/ Dominant Warrior (Tec6686)
R1 Grievous Rogue with HOTH/ HW (Tec6686)
R1 Relentless Warrior (BeraAccounts)

Were 2 chars sold to Tec6686 or all 4? If not all 4, who else received an account?

Tec6686 stated he purchased the 2 chars from PersonalBoost. BeraAccounts who did you purchase these chars from?

clementchantb I don't understand why PersonalBoost had your account for 7 months to do a boost. Boosts normally take a few weeks at the most. Why didn't you recover the account sooner?

ip hash: 787a7ca639b0e6a7b075a9

BeraAccounts.com

Verified Upgrade
150   1   2
Country
Turkey
Multiple Accounts
First of all, i have to mention that my Warrior is not belongs to @clementchantb. I purchased it from a different source and ownership details are not matching with @clementchantb's account.

Quick Recap From My Perspective--

@clementchantb shared his account with Personalboost by his own willing. In the end, Personalboost stole his characters and used these character for scamming people. As far as i know, 3 people scammed for very big amounts and i don’t think this is their fault or responsibility.

@Tec6686 purchased 3 characters from Personalboost. 3x R1 Warrior - R1 Grievous Rogue - R1 Demonic DH. I don't exactly know how much he paid but he paid very good money for these characters. R1 Demonic DH is banned with reason of ''There were many character recall request for this character and he thinks this account created for fraud purposes.''

Currently @Tec6686 have 3x R1 Warrior and R1 Grievous Rogue. They agreed on 2.200 Euros for exchange of these two characters. So i have no relation with this dispute at all.

I just acted as a bridge for @Tec6686 and @clementchantb.

Last edited:
ip hash: 17bc16293e80f9f9bc6b38
1   0   0
Country
Switzerland
Multiple Accounts
I'm here to clarify some of the points, Clement found me via bera that is correct, and I was really impressed that the characters were stolen from him, in fact I'm not the one to blame here I bought them from that guy and paid for it, now Clément is asking me to give him back his claimed characters and I really don't mind doing that even with the loss of money and the problems that this transaction generated for me in my private life. We have been talking since yesterday we kept discussing and negotiating about the matter until we agreed on 2.2k now we went to payment method I told him I can't accept PayPal since I don't have access to it anymore due to the private issues I had because of the big money I spent on wow which I can't go further in details. I even asked a close real life friend earlier today to do this for me his first word was what if he charged back? So I told Clément to pay by Skrill which as well I don't have access to my own account too, but can arrange one with friends since it's not scary like PayPal. Now the account is out of time and I even offered that I will buy game time today and take screenshots etc. But now it's too late since the shop that I buy physically from is already closed since I don't have any source of online payments. I can guarantee that the account still holds the same family name as I first got them. At the end due to the problems and the hard time I'm passing through in my life I'm gonna give the account info to bera since he is trusted seller with over 100+ positive feedbacks so they can solve this issue together and agree on payment method.

ip hash: 1b3372da9dea7e159c3532

clementchantb

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
49   0   0
Country
Hong Kong
Multiple Accounts
First I want to summarize so we're all on the same page.

Sept 2019 - clementchantb checks his account to see 4 chars were transferred off
Sept 2019 - clementchantb notices BeraAccounts.com listing those characters for sale

BeraAccounts says all 4 characters were purchased by Tec6686?

R1 Demonic demon Hunter (might be banned)
R1 Relentless Warrior (BeraAccounts)

Were 2 chars sold to Tec6686 or all 4? If not all 4, who else received an account?

Tec6686 stated he purchased the 2 chars from PersonalBoost. BeraAccounts who did you purchase these chars from?

clementchantb I don't understand why PersonalBoost had your account for 7 months to do a boost. Boosts normally take a few weeks at the most. Why didn't you recover the account sooner?
No I didn’t have him do boost for 7 months
Basically I stopped playing wow since feb-March and what happened afterwards I really dunno. I switched to another game. I just recently came back to check out wow classic to find out my characters were transferred off

I don’t even play retail wow anymore but since I saw my chars might as well ask abt it and buy it back. But as I said it needs to be fair and I need proof etc.

And u guys gotta chill I’m not blaming anything on u guys. I wouldn’t wanna share/ or split the loss of I don’t take part of the responsibility right?

Last edited:

clementchantb

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
49   0   0
Country
Hong Kong
Multiple Accounts
So I wanna know my options on what I can do

I don’t think it’s compulsory for me to BUY my chars back right? If I don’t pay to buy them back, what’s gonna happen to the characters?
I just wanna know my options. If possible I really dun wanna spent 2.2k on top of what I already lost in a game I don’t play. 2.2k is still a bit much. I wanted proof on how much he paid before we settle this.

Last edited:
1   0   0
Country
Switzerland
Multiple Accounts
Why you are not able to understand that I'm free to ask any seller to post them for sale , these characters belongs to me now I paid money for them, now you want them back get that scammer to pay me back the full amount without 1 euro less and you can have them immediately. So please just stop your problem is with your booster not me.

ip hash: 7bce9ebf1747cd30b79900

clementchantb

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
49   0   0
Country
Hong Kong
Multiple Accounts
Why you are not able to understand that I'm free to ask any seller to post them for sale , these characters belongs to me now I paid money for them, now you want them back get that scammer to pay me back the full amount without 1 euro less and you can have them immediately. So please just stop your problem is with your booster not me.
Don’t get defensive, I didn’t accuse u of anything. I’m just saying this is also being sold somewhere else. You know others can use this to scam right? But of course if u posted then it’s not a problem. And another thing is I need to make sure as little people know abt the acct details for the safety of the characters. I don’t wanna have future problems with recalls and stuff u get it?

ip hash: 25259a295cece1bd51ee17
1   0   0
Country
Switzerland
Multiple Accounts
Don’t get defensive, I didn’t accuse u of anything. I’m just saying this is also being sold somewhere else. You know others can use this to scam right? But of course if u posted then it’s not a problem. And another thing is I need to make sure as little people know abt the acct details for the safety of the characters. I don’t wanna have future problems with recalls and stuff u get it?
Bestwowaccounts and BerAccounts are ones of the most trusted sellers on EU market that's the only reason I asked them to list the sales, and it was way before you appear so now to show you some faith I'm gonna ask them to delist. And of course I'm the only one that has the account info.

clementchantb

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
49   0   0
Country
Hong Kong
Multiple Accounts
oh its fine, as long as its you who put it up im ok with it man

i dunno bestwowaccounts, never traded with them

EpicNPC

Administrator
Administrator
60   0   0
Country
US/Canada
I'm sorry, I'm still a bit confused and need more clarification.

Boost never done, clementchantb never reclaims the account given to PersonalBoost
PersonalBoost sells 3 of the characters to Tec6686 ??
Tec6686 list the chars for sale with Bera and bestwowaccounts.com ??

R1 Demonic demon Hunter (Tec6686, banned due to too many recall attempts)
R1 Relentless Warrior ??

Is this correct?

1) This 4th account "R1 Relentless Warrior" is not part of clementchantb's original account?
2) Tec6686 how long ago did you buy these chars from PersonalBoost? Are you still able to open a payment dispute for those payments?

Since you're discussing how to resolve this on your own, you can continue. However please answer the above questions in case you need me to get involved with this dispute again.

BeraAccounts.com

Verified Upgrade
150   1   2
Country
Turkey
Multiple Accounts
-Personalboost sells 3 characters to Tec6686. Correct
-Me and bestwowaccounts listed these characters. Correct
-R1 Relentless Warrior is ??

-My R1 Relentless Warrior is not part of clementchantb's account. I purchased it from another customer of mine around 1 or 2 weeks ago. My account's ownership name-last name doesn't matching with clementchantb's account details. Account also have not any name change tickets in it's history.

ip hash: 2eb6a0e96cbc992acc2066

clementchantb

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
49   0   0
Country
Hong Kong
Multiple Accounts
The relentless warrior is lost somehwere in the sea.....i wanna know where it is as well

i quit wow way back in feb-march, i told him to finish up some rep grind, he told me it was finished.
i was already playing other games, because wow BFA was so damn bad.
my account is still here, its just the 4 characters stolen, 2 of which are now under Tec's possession as they said

i only recently came back to check out wow classic, yet to see my chars gone
so i didnt even know he stole my chars all along, u can check my feedback history, been playing other games all along

1   0   0
Country
Switzerland
Multiple Accounts
I'm sorry, I'm still a bit confused and need more clarification.

Boost never done, clementchantb never reclaims the account given to PersonalBoost
PersonalBoost sells 3 of the characters to Tec6686 ??
Tec6686 list the chars for sale with Bera and bestwowaccounts.com ??

R1 Relentless Warrior ??

Is this correct?

1) This 4th account "R1 Relentless Warrior" is not part of clementchantb's original account?
2) Tec6686 how long ago did you buy these chars from PersonalBoost? Are you still able to open a payment dispute for those payments?

Since you're discussing how to resolve this on your own, you can continue. However please answer the above questions in case you need me to get involved with this dispute again.
Yes I bought Rank1 DH, 3x Rank1 warrior and Rank1 rogue. The Rank1 relentless warrior I have no idea about it at all.
DH banned.
Unfortunately the charge back was refused by paypal since I paid as friends and family.
Now I asked Clément before yesterday if he is up to buy rogue and warrior he clearly told me he is not interested since he is not playing wow anymore.
For now that's all for me.
If he changes his mind and wants to get them back later it might be a bit late since I already have a buyer for the rogue but honestly I'm still hesitant to sell them since I don't want any future problems.

EpicNPC

Administrator
Administrator
60   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Thank you. Below is the series of events. For now it appears you're trying to compromise and come up with a solution, so I'll leave it to you. If a solution can't be reached, please post here and let me know. I'll keep this dispute opened for another few days. After that it'll be closed, but at any time you can contact me to reopen it.

PersonalBoost transfers off 4 chars, sells 3 of the characters to Tec6686
Tec6686 asked Bera and bestwowaccounts.com to list the 3 chars for sale

R1 Relentless Warrior (lost, unknown)

clementchantb

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
49   0   0
Country
Hong Kong
Multiple Accounts
i think i will just leave this, dont wanna spend 2200 euros at this moment. isnt much i can do at the moment. Not gonna contact GM since u have the chars. but you should def tell people dont even try name change or anything crazy... it just wont end well..