EpicNPC Marketplace

Register a free account today to become a member! Then start trading, buying or selling with other members using our secure Trade Guardian middleman system.

• We do not use Discord. Our middleman do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.

playerauctions?

doomedtofail

EpicNPC Verified
Middleman
Approved Epicnpc MM for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc. Stepped down on good terms.
564   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Get a response under normal means? Good luck.

But honestly open a dispute against them here and you will get a quick response or resolution.

SaltnVinegar

Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Super Moderator
85   0   0
Country
Australia
Why would they care about responding to disputes here?

theendless

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
16   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I bought several hundred dollars worth of Path of Exile currency from PlayerAuctions.com over the last few months. The last time I used it, they held my payment and required photo ID & online banking page showing transaction, etc. I sent both but they still wanted more since my credit card doesn't show the complete transaction online in real time as it's still buggy (Amazon.ca Rewards Visa). Then they asked for a landline phone number (I only have cell phone, no landline it's 2017 already!). Very annoying had to use another credit card while keeping the seller waiting.

I'm here now hoping for a smoother experience on this forum.

Aria Company

Trusted Upgrade
75   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I bought several hundred dollars worth of Path of Exile currency from PlayerAuctions.com over the last few months. The last time I used it, they held my payment and required photo ID & online banking page showing transaction, etc. I sent both but they still wanted more since my credit card doesn't show the complete transaction online in real time as it's still buggy (Amazon.ca Rewards Visa). Then they asked for a landline phone number (I only have cell phone, no landline it's 2017 already!). Very annoying had to use another credit card while keeping the seller waiting.

I'm here now hoping for a smoother experience on this forum.
Situations like yours are the reason why PA will ultimately die out. The only reason it still exists is because it was the first major site of its type.

For Poe currency, you should have used another site anyway - PA only really excelled in the area of account transactions.

Last edited:

doomedtofail

EpicNPC Verified
Middleman
Approved Epicnpc MM for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc. Stepped down on good terms.
564   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
player auctions does not excel in currency due to its fees. Its hard enough to make a profit with people always looking to undercut and have best prices, when theres hefty fees.

theendless

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
16   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
player auctions does not excel in currency due to its fees. Its hard enough to make a profit with people always looking to undercut and have best prices, when theres hefty fees.
Thanks, I learned that now.

I am wondering though just out of curiosity. How safe is it to sell an account or item and not have buyer chargeback? I have been using eBay for buying/selling since 1997 (20 years!) and it's aweful not being able to do anything to avoid Paypal buyer charge reversal (which is why virtual goods are not allowed on eBay). How is it different on other sites like this forum and PlayerAuctions? What happens if buyer does chargeback/Paypal dispute?

siderophobic

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
197   0   0
Country
Philippines
Multiple Accounts

I am wondering though just out of curiosity. How safe is it to sell an account or item and not have buyer chargeback? I have been using eBay for buying/selling since 1997 (20 years!) and it's aweful not being able to do anything to avoid Paypal buyer charge reversal (which is why virtual goods are not allowed on eBay). How is it different on other sites like this forum and PlayerAuctions? What happens if buyer does chargeback/Paypal dispute?
For starters, you can check:

https://www.epicnpc.com/infocenter/buyingguide.html

Aria Company

Trusted Upgrade
75   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts

If you're willing to limit your customer base, you can transact only with credits or bitcoin, which can't be chargedback and also puts EpicNPC in charge of arbitration in the event of a dispute, which will always lead to fairer results than Paypal (which usually screws you over). You can also use "alternative" methods depending on the game you're selling for.

You can also try selling to only Epic+ members since they are less likely to scam, though you can also get screwed over if they scamquit or get hacked.

Orkanoid

5   0   0
Country
Russia
Multiple Accounts
Didn't trade at PA for over 8 years, now decided to return... and realized that I don't understand / remember three important details.
  1. Does PA messaging system produce any sound notifications? I've enabled autoplay, notifications and pop-up windows for PA site in site info permissions (Firefox), yet when someone sends me a message, there are no any sounds, so it's quite easy to miss.
  2. Funpay, g2* and etc online trading platforms have seller online status indicator (which is green when seller is online, grey when offline). Does PA have anything like this? I mean, as a buyer, how do you know that order which assumes delivery in 20 mins is not posted by someone who is sleeping right now? Likewise, as a seller, how do you inform buyers that you are afk shopping / bath / whatever atm? Just closing browser doesn't seem to change anything.
  3. Fees page says that you are charged 10% + $1 per each game currency sale, but I was charged $6 per $33.6 sale. How the heck is it calculated? Or fees were increased lately, so fees page is obsolete now?

Last edited:
ip hash: a72a4d8624a53d9296e8d1