• We do not use Discord. Our middlemen do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.
  • Please vote about "hand farmed gold" claims. Vote here.

Official Suggestion thread - help make EpicNPC a better marketplace

EpicNPC

Administrator
Administrator
Country
US/Canada
We give warnings for minor violation that result in 1-3 points. Once a user gets 6 points they received a 3 day temp ban. After 30 days the warning expire and points are removed. The only way to get banned is if someone has a lot of violations in a short period of time.

Immediate bans are for either scamming or major abuse.

DEJANXX

EXTREMELY HIGH RATED SERVICE
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
Serbia
Multiple Accounts
Admin's opinion on Discord theme is clear, and i do agree with this, Discord is trouble and a waste of time, with trading on Discord you will continue to put the money into the scammer's pockets and there are no benefits for any of us. Sellers are not ones who care much about it as long they are not accused for scamming, but buyers are the real victims and trust me every dollar they give to your impersonator is less money for you. We are openly against Discord and my personal goal is to see one day Discord removed from this website. I will fight for it and i will talk against Discord whenever i can.

Our website chat is drastically improved, now we also have a mobile app where you can easily access your account and your private messages so Discord is not necessary anymore.
While i 100% agree with you about impersonators feeding off of it's current system, i (as a seller) and probably many more sellers, would lose significant amount of money in sales naturally if let's say mike tomorrow decides to ban every aspect of discord advertisement. Sad reality is that people are lazy, ain't nobody got time to register an account, it's just the fact. Most of the people that contact me through discord from my epicnpc ad don't even have registered account when i ask them for a feedback after a completed deal. So i have to guide them through. Oh also, theres this phone verification thing that you have to do, which i encourage everyone to verify but there's just some people that don't want to leave that information no matter what you say to them. (For example i would link them epicnpc's trustpilot page which has outstanding rating/score, and explain that the phone verification is simply put in place to fight against bots or duplicate accounts or suspicious activity) but as i said, no matter what you say to some people, they're just not willing to leave their personal info.

So to summarise, the current discord system sucks, no question about that. But it's the most convenient communication platform for regular gamers, people interested to buy, sell and trade. The same way we all know PayPal is one of the worst, if not the worst e-wallet. Yet everyone uses it, heck i'd say 90 to 95% of my buyers use PayPal simply because it's the most convenient one for them and i dont think it'll change anytime soon.

Making a button on the site to redirect them to discord to make sure you get the right person.

So why couldn't they message on EpicNPC and then a discord button wouldn't have to be made, thus also will ensure your speaking with the real person also

1648330253908.png

Yep, something like this i assume. That would be great.

Last edited:
Report ip hash: 4ecf7e3f773aa6dfcc6128

kugogizo

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
Greece
Multiple Accounts
Here is my suggestion:

Make warnings final. You get one and if you don't change anything then everything is fine from that point. Make a note or something that "if this thread is not edited then don't touch it"

It is a plague for us mass sellers, every now and then to have to edit 70+ threads, this is the 4th time that I have to edit all of my threads for mentioning that my gold is hand farmed, the funny thing is that I have gotten a warning and forced to edit them for the opposite of this, for NOT mentioning how my goods are farmed. After this edit, I will have to wait for a new mod to find something else wrong on my unchanged thread and do it for the fifth time.

I'm sorry that I rage but I hope you understand where the wrong with this is. Show us some mercy.

Report ip hash: c2de0e493315fbc309bfd4

EpicNPC

Administrator
Administrator
Country
US/Canada
Make warnings final. You get one and if you don't change anything then everything is fine from that point. Make a note or something that "if this thread is not edited then don't touch it"
I don't understand what that means. You get a warning and don't have to do anything or fix anything? What's the point of having rules if we don't enforce them.

I'll be blunt, I don't care if you have to fix 70+ threads. Be honest with your customers and you won't have to edit 70+ threads. Claiming 100% of your gold is "hand farmed" when you're purchasing it from random players is not truthful. You have no way to guarantee it's hand farmed, so don't make that claim to begin with.

Members generally know when they're pushing the boundaries or bending rules and some don't care they're breaking them. It's our job to make sure we enforce the rules and if that means someone has to edit all their threads, then that's okay with me.

Transparency and honestly is what we'll continue to push. If you want to be in the group of bending rules, then you'll get warnings from time to time and have to edit your threads.

kugogizo

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
Greece
Multiple Accounts
I don't understand what that means. You get a warning and don't have to do anything or fix anything? What's the point of having rules if we don't enforce them.

I'll be blunt, I don't care if you have to fix 70+ threads. Be honest with your customers and you won't have to edit 70+ threads. Claiming 100% of your gold is "hand farmed" when you're purchasing it from random players is not truthful. You have no way to guarantee it's hand farmed, so don't make that claim to begin with.

Members generally know when they're pushing the boundaries or bending rules and some don't care they're breaking them. It's our job to make sure we enforce the rules and if that means someone has to edit all their threads, then that's okay with me.

Transparency and honestly is what we'll continue to push. If you want to be in the group of bending rules, then you'll get warnings from time to time and have to edit your threads.

I won't answer regarding how my suppliers farm their gold although there are very solid ways to separate the good from the bad and my aim is to always do that so I'm doing my best, to be honest with my customers and this is reflected on my reputation.

However, I will say this, I have a private conversation with you where I ask you to check my thread copy and confirm that it's fine so that I avoid editing all of my threads again and you say that it's fine, I didn't change my threads since then and now you are telling me that I break the rules even though it was you who confirmed that it was fine.

I ask for a very simple thing, yes I edited all of them again, I obey the rules, but how can I know now that I won't see another warning in the future that will force me to do it again even though the threads are now "fixed"? this is unreal, is it that hard to check the entire thread copy and confirm that it is fine forever?

Say something like, fix this, this, and this, and be done forever.

I honestly don't understand this policy but I'm pretty sure a new mod will find something else wrong and force me to do it again, if one gets creative, he can find many reasons. Not sure if this is some sort of secret forum policy.

Last edited:
Report ip hash: c2de0e493315fbc309bfd4

narcoticX

Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts
Hey I'd just like to make some suggestions to the trade guardian service.

There should be a list when you click on the trade guardian menu link at the top that shows all the available middlemen that are online and ready to help, It should also be made known that random people (?) can join and talk in the actual Trade Guardian chat box. that is how I got scammed because I thought there was no possible way someone who isnt an official member could talk in the Trade Guardian chat.

Thank you.
1650322284019.png

Report ip hash: 6f53ac93122a030eb9cadf

Kai

EpicNPC Staff
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted. Verified member, 50+ positive feedback and member for over 1 year.
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Global Moderator
Country
US/Canada
Say something like, fix this, this, and this, and be done forever.
While I can understand your perspective here @kugogizo, keep in mind It takes a lot of time to review content, things can be missed and noticed at a later date or sometimes new rules are added or changed. If you have concerns around a warning you received from a mod, you can always open a support ticket and a Admin will review. That being said, it is ultimately up to you to keep current and be familiar with forum rules. If you are unsure about your content, feel free to ask before posting.

doomedtofail

Epic Member
Middleman
Approved Epicnpc MM for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc. Stepped down on good terms.
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Hey I'd just like to make some suggestions to the trade guardian service.

There should be a list when you click on the trade guardian menu link at the top that shows all the available middlemen that are online and ready to help, It should also be made known that random people (?) can join and talk in the actual Trade Guardian chat box. that is how I got scammed because I thought there was no possible way someone who isnt an official member could talk in the Trade Guardian chat.

Thank you.View attachment 2945903
the reason they do not make it known, is they do not want to encourage scammers doing this. All middleman have badges next to there name and have colored names. different colors like blue, red etc depending on their other positions here. no middleman is in grey. none of us have middleman in our name or other words like official.

And also the list of online middleman does not help buyers too too much. Not all middleman can do every game, they may be in the middle of other transactions and busy, or not really online. I login to check messages, so it will flag me as online but I am no where near available.

Report ip hash: e0cc55ffd5b9fdd46360dc

narcoticX

Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts
the reason they do not make it known, is they do not want to encourage scammers doing this. All middleman have badges next to there name and have colored names. different colors like blue, red etc depending on their other positions here. no middleman is in grey. none of us have middleman in our name or other words like official.

And also the list of online middleman does not help buyers too too much. Not all middleman can do every game, they may be in the middle of other transactions and busy, or not really online. I login to check messages, so it will flag me as online but I am no where near available.
Okay, I understand. But I still think it should be made known that buyers can add random people to the chat (In this case it was his second account) Or just outright don't allow people other than official middleman to be added to the chat.

For the sake of people as dumb as me to fall for such an obvious trick.

Report ip hash: 6f53ac93122a030eb9cadf

doomedtofail

Epic Member
Middleman
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Former Mod
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Okay, I understand. But I still think it should be made known that buyers can add random people to the chat (In this case it was his second account) Or just outright don't allow people other than official middleman to be added to the chat.

For the sake of people as dumb as me to fall for such an obvious trick.
I agree I had already mentioned this when i ran into a transaction like this. I hope its on the to do list

Report ip hash: e0cc55ffd5b9fdd46360dc

kugogizo

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
Greece
Multiple Accounts
While I can understand your perspective here @kugogizo, keep in mind It takes a lot of time to review content, things can be missed and noticed at a later date or sometimes new rules are added or changed. If you have concerns around a warning you received from a mod, you can always open a support ticket and a Admin will review. That being said, it is ultimately up to you to keep current and be familiar with forum rules. If you are unsure about your content, feel free to ask before posting.
It's ok a mod told me that it was a new rule. If reviewing is not enough then a thread template would help us to avoid what is not allowed and also a notification about when it is updated and a deadline to change our content, a template that would describe what is forbidden and how we should write the message. I checked the forum rules after the warning and nowhere is mentioned that saying that your gold is handfarmed is forbidden for resellers, what do you want me to expect when this is the most common thing everyone says on all other platforms? I could never imagine it's not allowed. In the end, we are doing marketing, it's easy to say something that you may consider wrong if we don't have something that will act as a guide. I had no intention to break any rule. Now I'm trying to make my threads as generic as possible but then again you might find something else wrong and I have no way to know, eg. you may consider other terms such as "cheap" or "safe" invalid because they can't be proven or because they could be misleading, you see where this pursuit of correctness leads.

To be honest, I have never experienced so much correctness on other platforms, I don't know what's the point of it, it looks weird, I don't believe you are fixing anything with these rules and usually when you follow such systems then you will never end until you have restricted everything so in some way they are pointless. This market has a huge problem with liars, scammers, price abuses, and dupers. It's not like that I hate what you are doing or that it bothers me much, it doesn't really affect my sales, on the contrary, I'm having success with this platform, it's just weird, that's it.

Do you want true Transparency and honesty?

Force all the sellers to show their prices and real stock at their titles and create filters for them, ban anyone who is lying about his stock (hiding your price is already a HUGE layer of subtlety that it's allowed here that some abuse for crazy huge margins)
Force them to trade through the trade guardian with the rates mentioned in their threads (disallow all social contact methods like all other platforms)
Allow them to have 1-2 threads max at the entire website for selling purposes only and force them to sell on very few servers only for multiserver games (this will kill all of the resellers without harming the farmers)
Create an intermediary that will allow buyers/sellers to use the platform to pay for the goods and force them to pay a decent fee
Remove the option for feedback without a proven completed transaction through the trade guardian
Remove all types of marketing words such as cheap, safe, previous sales numbers, and so on that can't be proven either, and allow them to say "I sell x gold on x server" only, Disallow expensive branding too and force them all to advertise the same way.
Have a feedback cap at a low number of vouches or make feedback resets every now and then so that the new sellers can compete easier
Create a minimum price cap for each game that you deem fair so that the sellers don't undersell their work or are exploited by resellers or are getting undercut by botters/dupers (you can place price expert mods on every forum for this)
Disallow them to sell to a reseller and ban anyone who is a proven reseller

There you go, then you will be called, the soviet republic of epicnpc, the forum will be a haven for farmers and buyers, however, I don't know how many will use it and how much money you will make, I can guarantee though that the quality will be high and "honest". If you want to remove anything that is unfair, dishonest, and competitive then you may as well go all the way to the end.

In my opinion, a more appropriate way to deal with "dishonest" statements would be something like "epicnpc is not responsible for anything that the sellers say neither can confirm it is the truth" aka similar to what you are doing with discord and trade guardian. It would be more consistent with your liberal image so far. You can't be both a communist and a liberal. It's not like you can prevent me from saying that my gold is handfarmed because the customers usually ask for this info privately and much more than that so it makes little sense to have this rule in place yet allow private communication through other social platforms. Overall, the real problem of the customers are scammers, bad/slow support from some sellers, and failure to find someone at their preferred price and stock quickly, these are real issues they are facing and all of them are byproducts of dishonesty. Duping/illegal gold is also an issue in some games for them but finding someone who is trying not to deliver them such gold is better than someone who is not, so such statements in the thread might be beneficial in the end. Even if I farmed the gold myself, there would still be no guarantee that I don't use a bot or a cheat and in fact, most farmers who do this professionally use these tools to survive. The other ones don't stay in the market for long. As a default, all of my suppliers mention that they farm their gold legally. As you can see everything is subjective, you have no way to know if my gold is legal or not.

This is just an opinion, I'm not meant to offend anyone, I'm not a forum expert by any means.

Last edited:
Report ip hash: a134abdf96fef594d95dfa

EpicNPC

Administrator
Administrator
Country
US/Canada
However, I will say this, I have a private conversation with you where I ask you to check my thread copy and confirm that it's fine so that I avoid editing all of my threads again and you say that it's fine, I didn't change my threads since then and now you are telling me that I break the rules even though it was you who confirmed that it was fine.
March 9th is the last I viewed your thread and said your edit was okay. You received 2 more warnings since then. If you disagree with either, please open a support ticket here and they will be reviewed. This is a "suggestion" thread, so I won't review that here.
https://www.epicnpc.com/misc/contact

There is no way for a random user to join a TG chat. Only buyer, seller and MM can enter the chat. The image you posted is a "purchase request" between the buyer and seller. Instructions are posted at the top. A "purchase request" is when a buyer wants to purchase an item from a seller. They must agree to a price first, then a TG transaction will be created and a MM will join.

In your case the scammer posted fake instructions and you followed them. Only messages from the "Epicnpc bot" are official.

"Purchase Requests" are not Trade Guardian transactions. They are simply a chat to agree to a sale price. Once a price is agreed to a Trade Guardian transaction is created. I'm sorry, you need to read the instructions if you don't know how it works.

Report ip hash: 012c8b191817ce829c21de

Rich Limo

Banned
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
BANNED - Do not buy, sell or trade with this user.
Country
Qatar
Multiple Accounts
Banned - Rule Violation - False Advertising
If you have a suggestion on a feature you'd like to see added to the forums please make it below. I will then reply to it and if it's a good one it will be added to the to-do list.
Make a separate forum for Dank Memer, I have good reviews on my thread because of which I can't delete it anymore. Now my thread keeps going down on dank memer tags and nobody sees my thread anymore. Please help.

Report ip hash: a475c063854ca5ba373182

quadrotony

Professional Seller Premium
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Professional Seller
Large seller, normally with their own website or business.
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
Ukraine
hello i have a question
"This thread cannot be outbid at this time."

thread will expire in 9 days, when usually it can be outbidded? 7 days before the expiration?

Report ip hash: 8e723a4f3824ec581d13b4

EpicNPC

Administrator
Administrator
Country
US/Canada
If a thread has immunity it can't be outbid and you have to wait until the expiration date to see what happens.

If they renew at the normal price, you can immediately outbid them after the expiration date. However you'll have to wait 1 month before your sticky starts.

If they renew by purchasing a 3 or 6 month immunity plan, then they will keep their immunity.

If they don't renew at all, then the spot will become available on the expiration date.

Report ip hash: 012c8b191817ce829c21de

Wunderkind

Verified Wizard101 Merchant
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
Greece
Multiple Accounts
Opinions on an EpicNPC Discord server?

Report ip hash: dd1cfe24e2ec46cf86c2d4

Angel

Moderator - Middleman
Middleman
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Global Moderator
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Opinions on an EpicNPC Discord server?
Admin already stated that he is against discord and using discord for the website purpose. There is a really small chance that something will change with that in the future

Salim98

Trusted Member
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Former Mod
Country
Algeria
Multiple Accounts
kind request to increase sticky threads number to 4 instead of 3, please.

Also, don't ban discord.. it will make interactions in this marketplace plunge by a lot..
not ideal to say it but look at mpgh marketplace when they decided to ban all external messaging apps

ty

Report ip hash: 9bc260927ad2252924e79e

Kai

EpicNPC Staff
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Global Moderator
Country
US/Canada
kind request to increase sticky threads number to 4 instead of 3, please.

Also, don't ban discord.. it will make interactions in this marketplace plunge by a lot..
not ideal to say it but look at mpgh marketplace when they decided to ban all external messaging apps

ty
Discord will not be banned, don’t worry. ;)