EpicNPC Marketplace

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Gaming Marketplace - Buy, sell or trade your accounts, items or services

Welcome to the EpicNPC forums where members can buy, sell and trade accounts for free. We have hundreds of MMORPG categories ranging from World of Warcraft (WoW), Elder Scrolls Online (ESO), Runescape, Aion,Guild Wars 2 (GW2) and many more. We also have MMOFPS, MOBA and Smartphone trading forums for games like League of Legends, Diablo 3, Hearthstone and games for IoS and Android devices including Clash of Clans, Game of War and many others.

• Register a free account.
    • Create threads to buy, sell or trade accounts, items or services with other members. Use WTB, WTS or WTT to easily identify your thread.
    • Chat and trade with over 575,000 members. Over 10,000 Verified buyers, sellers and traders. 25,000+ visitors daily.
    • Automated middleman system called Trade Guardian for safe and secure trading or selling.
    • Over 800 game marketplaces listed offering accounts, boosting and power-leveling services, CD keys, items, game cards, and more.

New Personal Middleman Service - Trade Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Integrity

Verified Middleman
Middleman
Approved Epicnpc MM for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Staff member
1167   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
Serbia
Multiple Accounts
MM Competition
I understand the argument to allow for MM competition, however I do not agree with it. From a buyer's perspective, when I go to a site to buy something, I want it to be simple. Once I made a purchase, I want everything to be straight forward, I don't want to have to conduct an 2nd search to have to buy something else.

We're making another update to TG to better integrate this new MM option directly into threads, so it'll be very easy for buyers to get started once they find the item they want. Once that's implemented, most likely next week, there's really not going to be any need to look around for a MM as it will be directly in the thread.
That's bullshit. :(
What you are doing is abusing your position to become dominant in the market and eliminate competition. You are creating monopoly.
You are eliminating the same people who contributed to making your forum popular and reach it's current state.

This is actually very illegal in real life. There was an incident just few months ago when google abused it's position in a similar way. And they got charged $2.7 billion for that...

Nothing prevents you from doing this, but I'm trying to point it out that it is extremely unfair towards your members, who made you what you are today. So many people are making a living out of EpicNPC and for many it is their primary job. If you are abusing your position like this, what guarantee do they have that their job won't suddenly be destroyed? How can they keep seeing the forum as a safe and stable place?

If your service is good, members will use it.
If it's not, they will find an alternative. The harder you force them, the harder they'll look for an alternative and your reputation will drop.

Forcing them might earn you some cash now, but in the long run it will be more damaging than profitable. You should focus on improving quality, not on forcing members to use something that they might not like.

ip hash: 00b204e9800998ecf8427e

EpicNPC

Epic Admin
Admin
Here to help. Just contact me if you have any questions.
Staff member
56   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
US/Canada
We view Middleman Services as a security feature. If we can increase the security and safety of trades and sales, this will greatly benefit all members. Sellers will be more comfortable selling and buyers will be more comfortable buying.

The MM service is not comparable to normal items, accounts or services that members sell. For example a few years ago when we had a "Gold Store" where we tried to empower members in an attempt to make buying gold easier for various games. Now, that service didn't work out so we closed it, but we did not restrict anyone during the time it was opened. Members still sold gold for those same games are they normally did.

We're not here to "bruteforce" sales or to create a "monopoly", sellers can do what they have always done and that's to sell their game items or services freely.

We're just trying to make the process safer, which in my opinion is the obligation of the website to try to do. We have phone verification, we manually review upgrades and we have free dispute resolution services, none of this is needed if we wanted to pass on security to members. All of this is time consuming and expensive, but we do it to try to create a safe community for our members.

This new Middleman service is the next step to increase security. If we can create an effective MM service that's easy to use and makes transactions safe, then it will benefit everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Integrity

Verified Middleman
Middleman
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Staff member
1167   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
Serbia
Multiple Accounts
The amount of ******** keeps increasing...

We view Middleman Services as a security feature. If we can increase the security and safety of trades and sales, this will greatly benefit all members. Sellers will be more comfortable selling and buyers will be more comfortable buying.
I view it as a security feature too. :D
That is a pretty accurate definition of MM service...

The MM service is not comparable to normal items, accounts or services that members sell.
It is a service that involves trading virtual items/online games that members profit from. How is it not comparable?

For example a few years ago when we had a "Gold Store" where we tried to empower members in an attempt to make buying gold easier for various games. Now, that service didn't work out so we closed it, but we did not restrict anyone during the time it was opened. Members still sold gold for those same games are they normally did.
Good times. You weren't greedy back then and listened to your members. :(
That's just the thing that we want now...

We're not here to "bruteforce" sales or to create a "monopoly"
That's exactly what you are doing.

We're just trying to make the process safer, which in my opinion is the obligation of the website to try to do.
How is your service safer than the service that trusted members were offering for years? At this point, it can only be less safe, as the people who are doing it don't have nearly as much experience.

How does making your service the only one available make anything safer?

We have phone verification, we manually review upgrades and we have free dispute resolution services, none of this is needed if we wanted to pass on security to members. All of this is time consuming and expensive, but we do it to try to create a safe community for our members.
Irrelevant.

This new Middleman service is the next step to increase security. If we can create an effective MM service that's easy to use and makes transactions safe, then it will benefit everyone.
The service cannot be much safer or effective than the variety of experienced members offering the same thing.

Sorry, but you are just avoiding the real problem here and trying to hide your greed. :(

Cecile28

Super Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Premium Upgrade
Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
Staff member
38   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
France
It's seem you're mistaken between two idea:
1/ Starting an official middleman service
2/ Restricting all other middleman

I can agree that point (1) will improve security, and it's a good point that EpicNPC propose his service as "official plateform"

But restricting other middleman is for sure, not going on that direction.
Nowadays, people are only advertising middleman service on their signatures or on their threads.
All theses things you wrote: upgrade, phone verification, feedback are really good improvement.

For me, a compromise would be:
Start that system, advertise it everywhere, and limit the people who can offer middleman service to let's say the top 5%: people with 4/5 badges, +300 feedbacks.

It's not perfect, some may turn into scamming, but trust your system as we trust EpicNPC plateform.
What's telling us that EpicNPC will not disconnect the website one day, with all the credits, the IDs, and all the items engaged on the middleman service ?
The same thing than middlemans: reputation, and because it's your (their) buisness (and your money) !

Trust the system you made and at least trust your high ranked members. They're the ones who are making that plateform so great.

That will be my last message into that thread. I think everyone catched my point of vue ^.^

Last edited:

EpicNPC

Epic Admin
Admin
Staff member
56   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
US/Canada
Members that sell game accounts, items and services do for a certain amount of games, so the scope is limited to those games. A middleman service has a much wider reach and includes everything. This is what I mean by they're not comparable, we're not selling a item or service for a specific game. Secondly MM services is a security service, not a game service. As stated, a website has an obligation to provide safety to it's community and a dedicated MM can do just that.

In regards to safety, take a look at the dispute forum. Many disputes involve fake MM and many more tickets and messages report similar scam attempts . Having a single unified MM service make it's simpler and causes less confusion for buyers. It greatly reduces the fake MM scam by keeping everything on site.

slyre

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
175   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
Germany
Multiple Accounts
Just giving some input from my point of view. I personally have never used nor offered a middleman service, just to clarify.

I think that offering a personal middleman service from the owners of the site is a great addition, because:
  • It will be the most trustworthy way of middlemanning
  • It may be easier if the system is well made
  • It may be faster, again, if the system is well made (I didn't check/test it yet, therefore I'm stating it in this way)

But I also think that not allowing other people to offer it as well is not good, because:
  • Other people might offer more advanced/custom middleman like:
    • Holding the money to prevent charge-backs or
    • Giving some sort of account recall warranty
  • Offer a more personal service, because:
    • People may feel more comfortable if its a more personal level
    • They may not feel as "pressured" (probably not the right word but I hope you get what I'm trying to say) when everything isn't going perfectly smooth etc.

I can fully understand both sides point of view and I'm not sure either what or how the best solution would be but I think that you should consider this change a little more because from the looks of it some may be looking for alternative forums now from what I've read. Maybe something in the direction of restricting the middleman service a bit (in terms of who is allowed to offer it) and work them into the system (with a % payout) may be a good deal if the intentions aren't money.

MistiServices

BEST FOR YOUR GAMING NEEDS
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Staff member
423   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Multiple Accounts
Members that sell game accounts, items and services do for a certain amount of games, so the scope is limited to those games. A middleman service has a much wider reach and includes everything. This is what I mean by they're not comparable, we're not selling a item or service for a specific game. Secondly MM services is a security service, not a game service. As stated, a website has an obligation to provide safety to it's community and a dedicated MM can do just that.

In regards to safety, take a look at the dispute forum. Many disputes involve fake MM and many more tickets and messages report similar scam attempts . Having a single unified MM service make it's simpler and causes less confusion for buyers. It greatly reduces the fake MM scam by keeping everything on site.
Sorry but pretending to be an angel is pathethic , u are FORBIDDING other ppl to make a MM service , thats problem , noone is against official MM EPIC npc service , ppl are against ur greed and that u are removing other sellers , who have WAY MORE exp in MM than any of ur workers there.If we , sellers who made thios forum what it is now , allow u and ur greedy staff to implement services like these , u will do more and more in future , without caring whats outcome on sellers and ppl who make living of this.I dont get it why would u cripple ur site and forum so badly.I know u wont withdraw ur decision , but atleast we have right to say something in hope u will come to some normal thinking.

EpicNPC

Epic Admin
Admin
Staff member
56   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
US/Canada
[MENTION=461478]Cecile28[/MENTION] I appreciate the suggestion. At this time the only thing we have changed is that dedicated MM threads have been removed.

Threads in the MM Forum remain (but are closed) and members that mention their MM service in other threads also remain until the end of November. So there's a grace period and most members offering MM service have not been affected.

I am open to compromise and will always listen to the opinions of our members. During the grace period, I'm willing to wait and possibly reconsider some of the rules as we get closer to the end of November, but for the month of November we'll keep the rules as posted in post #1.

The Integrity

Verified Middleman
Middleman
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Staff member
1167   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
Serbia
Multiple Accounts

It's still a service that members could offer just like any other service.
Disabling members from offering it is no different than disabling them from offering accounts for a particular game. The scope shouldn't matter.
It might reduce the fake MM scam, but not greatly as you claim. The difference that it can make is very minor.
It might shift people from impersonating MMs to impersonating high rep sellers directly, but it will not reduce the overall scam rate using impersonation.
Impersonation will always exist, one way or another.

You are avoiding the real problem here.

Sorry but pretending to be an angel is pathethic , u are FORBIDDING other ppl to make a MM service , thats problem , noone is against official MM EPIC npc service , ppl are against ur greed and that u are removing other sellers , who have WAY MORE exp in MM than any of ur workers there.If we , sellers who made thios forum what it is now , allow u and ur greedy staff to implement services like these , u will do more and more in future , without caring whats outcome on sellers and ppl who make living of this.I dont get it why would u cripple ur site and forum so badly.I know u wont withdraw ur decision , but atleast we have right to say something in hope u will come to some normal thinking.
Exactly. :)

Last edited:

Logisticz

EpicNPC Verified
Middleman
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Staff member
610   1   0
Rating
99.8%
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I have MM'd on this site since 2013. In my experience there are plenty of online games that require a lot of different procedures to verify an account.

Note: Since I have been middlemanning out of the 100's I have done maybe 1 or 2 had issues which were resolved other than that I had 0 issues.

For Ex.

LoL Trade. When I usually do this I verify Skypes / Emails all the basics to see if they are banned anywhere else on the internet or not. Then I make the seller fill one of these out.

"
- Account Name (the name you log into the LoL client with):
- Summoner Name (the name your friends see in-game):
- Password:
- The server you play on (NA, EU-West or EU-Nordic/East):
- When was the last time that you had access to the account (Month/Day/Year):
- Creation date of the account (Month and Year):
- Original email address used to register the account:
- Location where you registered the account (City and Country):
- List of locations that you have played on this account(City and Country):
- Last IP address used to play League of Legends -
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)/Internet Carrier when registering the account:
- Other people who have ever had access to the account:
- How did you first come into possession of the account:
- Location of RP purchases (City and Country):
- Approximate dates of most recent RP purchases:
- Email address linked to PayPal account:
- Unique PayPal transaction IDs associated with purchase(s):
- Payoncreditcard Transaction ID:
- Phone number(s), mobile provider, and country used for SMS transactions:
- Any PaySafe Card PIN/Transaction IDs:
- Any Prepaid RP card PINs:
- The last 4 digits and expiration date of any credit card(s) used to purchase RP:
- Any transaction or confirmation numbers received via email for this account:
- First five champions ever purchased on this account:
- First item ever purchased with RP (if applicable):
- List of at least 5 Summoner names of friends you have referred:
- List of at least 5 Summoner names of friends on your friends list:
- Any other family members/friends that have access to your account:
- Did you create the account?:
- Do you have any alternate/smurf accounts?:
- Has your email account ever been compromised?:
"
Is this something that EpicnpcMM will be doing as well. I really hope that this is something that should be taken in consideration and allow other MM's to provide there services as well. Cutting out your long time members who have provided so much to the site is just a slap in the face. I still rarely do MM's when I have time but I know there are folks out there that use this as a good side income for them. Buyers and or sellers on this site should have a choice of which MM they want to choose instead of going through only ONE Forced system.

Logisticz

EpicNPC

Epic Admin
Admin
Staff member
56   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
US/Canada
We do not collect any info we can't verify. Many of those questions are not verifiable, so there's no way to confirm if the answer is accurate or not. However we do many things in addition to just changing the login info, so yes, the service does many of those things you listed depending what the game or account is.

✅ D3BOOST.com ✅

🔥 Elite Boosting 🔥🔥 6+ Years EXP 🔥🔥 100% Rating 🔥
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
27   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I agree with the points made by Integrity and Misti. I am not a MM and never was; I don't quite understand why you are forbidding users from offering their own MM services but will instead monopolize it.

MistiServices

Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Staff member
423   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Multiple Accounts
@Cecile28 I appreciate the suggestion. At this time the only thing we have changed is that dedicated MM threads have been removed.

Threads in the MM Forum remain (but are closed) and members that mention their MM service in other threads also remain until the end of November. So there's a grace period and most members offering MM service have not been affected.

I am open to compromise and will always listen to the opinions of our members. During the grace period, I'm willing to wait and possibly reconsider some of the rules as we get closer to the end of November, but for the month of November we'll keep the rules as posted in post #1.
So basicly if ur service fail u will allow other to offer their service again , like nothing happend.And later on when u come to some new idea how to **** over users , u will push it to see will it be accepted.So if u are testing something to see how it works ,dont test it that others bear burden of ur adventure into MM market.

somaliasky

Professional Seller Premium
Trusted Upgrade
Professional Seller
Large seller, normally with their own website or business.
Verified Upgrade
190   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
Brazil
Instead of Banning Middleman service outright, i think EPICNPC can hire the current MM and tax the transaction instead. Under this structure, when a member wish to use middleman service, he will click the Official middleman button. After he click the button, a list of current available MM will pop up. Then he can select which one he want to use. All the communication will be through the forum and EPICNPC can tax each transaction. EPICNPC can also make it a bannable offense if MM want to take the deals offsite. This structure can also make sure that MM service is available 24/7 and that MM with specific knowledge of certain games will perform better than EPICNPC.

To make sure EPICNPC receive the exact amount of fees for each transaction, MM who wishes to continue offer service has to make a deposit to EPICNPC first. For example, it can be $300 to $500 or more. Every time when transaction is completed, the fee will be deduct from the deposit. Once the deposit falls below certain threshold, the MM will need to deposit more $$ before he/she can continue off the service.

For a long time, I have been suggested a mandatory deposit for anyone who wishes to provide MM service because once in awhile we see MM does exit scam. If a deposit is required, MM will not be able to do an exit scam and will be liable for any mistake incurred during the process.

I have more ideas on this thing, PM me if you want to know more. But i think my suggestion can provide a coexisting solution for both sides.

Last edited:

MistiServices

Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Staff member
423   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Multiple Accounts
Instead of Banning Middleman service outright, i think EPICNPC can hire the current MM and tax the transaction instead. Under this structure, when a member wish to use middleman service, he will click the Official middleman button. After he click the button, a list of current available MM will pop up. Then he can select which one he want to use. All the communication will be through the forum and EPICNPC can tax each transaction. EPICNPC can also make it a bannable offense if MM want to take the deals offsite. This structure can also make sure that MM service is available 24/7 and that MM with specific knowledge of certain games will perform better than EPICNPC.

To make sure EPICNPC receive the exact amount of fees for each transaction, MM who wishes to continue offer service has to make a deposit to EPICNPC first. For example, it can be $300 to $500 or more. Every time when transaction is completed, the fee will be deduct from the deposit. Once the deposit falls below certain threshold, the MM will need to deposit more $$ before he/she can continue off the service.

For a long time, I have been suggested a mandatory deposit for anyone who wishes to provide MM service because once in awhile we see MM does exit scam. If a deposit is required, MM will not be able to do an exit scam and will be liable for any mistake incurred during the process.

I have more ideas on this thing, PM me if you want to know more. But i think my suggestion can provide a coexisting solution for both sides.
ITs a good idea but then this is not a FORUM , it becomes a PAY TO WORK SITE.Point is that this is a forum , place where ppl can offer stuff and services , not a marketplace.This is one of 3 best forums i use , but with all this greedy ideas and rules which prevent us to use site as we want,wont be so good in future.

EpicNPC

Epic Admin
Admin
Staff member
56   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
US/Canada
As stated, we will re-evaluate at the end of November and decide if any of the rule changes need to be adjusted.

Sremke

Trusted & Verified MM
Middleman
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
252   0   1
Rating
100%
Country
Serbia
Multiple Accounts
Let's close this thread if our comments does not make sense.

0   0   0
Rating
0%
Country
Serbia
Multiple Accounts
I would like to leave my opinion as a new trader who joined this site recently.

I've done 3 trades here and each time I used a different middleman. Each of them had a different pricing and a different process for the trade with some advantages and disadvantages.

I'd like to mention some things that no one so far has mentioned.

1. The official middleman service has a $10 base fee, which is not the best option in case of cheap trades. If I'm buying an account worth $20, paying another $11.2 for the MM fee makes the total price over 50% higher, which would be a dealbreaker for me. A trusted member helped me do a $15 account purchase for just $3, which is much more reasonable.

2. Members providing MM service are much more flexible when it comes to paying the fee. They can accept many different payment methods, including skins and gift cards. Their fees are negotiable and even refundable in case the trade fails.

3. They are more flexible when it comes to checking the account. I was buying an account for a game that is not often traded. The middleman downloaded the game for me, which took a few hours, entered the account and checked if a particular item that I was mostly interested in existed on the account.

Not all middlemen did the things I mentioned nor were they willing to do them. But if you combine all of the features that each of their services provide, all of these are possible. And that is the main advantage of having variety and a choice between multiple different services.

The new official middleman service is a really good addition to the site and I'll definitely try it in the near future, but I do not like the fact that it will be my only option. Like I said, each service has it's advantages and disadvantages and having a choice is important.

EpicNPC

Epic Admin
Admin
Staff member
56   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
US/Canada
[MENTION=678177]Luma Is Here[/MENTION] Thank you for your input.

1. We can't provide a MM service for less than $10. Even a simple MM transaction can take 20-30 minutes so we can't spend that much time for $3.00. That's why the minimum cost is $10.

2. Yes, but as our service grows we will increase availability times. We also refund the full transaction is both parties decide to cancel right away. However once the seller transfers the account or item to the MM, we only issue a partial refund, the base $10 is not refundable. Again, this is because of the time we have to dedicated to the transaction.

3. Yes, many different MM services will be able to offer a variety of services, some that we will not provide. Our goal is to come up with a simple and consistent MM service. In the example you gave, it would be much faster to screenshare instead of downloading and installing a game. Over time we will adjust or add features to our MM service to try to offer everything a buyer or seller needs. Buyers and sellers can also request us to do certain things and we'll attempt to do them as long as they're not too time consuming.

ITALY

EpicNPC Verified
Middleman
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
113   0   2
Rating
100%
Country
Italy
Multiple Accounts
[removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

doomedtofail

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc. Stepped down on good terms.
172   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Opinions are allowed. But not childish responses full of masked cursing are not. If you do not like system do not use it.

If someone wants a middleman for 10 dollar account they should not be buying account.
Now why would people leave? they are not required to use the middleman service.
Middlemen charge 5-20 dollars on this site. a lot are in 15-20 range. So the only additional is the fee for percentage of value.

lets keep the rest of this discussion clean and friendly.

CrownedClown

EpicNPC Verified
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
64   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
Bulgaria
Multiple Accounts
Just wanted to throw in the obvious and before I do that I also want to state that I have never offered any middleman services, so basically this doesn't affect me.
Here is the issue. Nevermind that it's unfair towards other people who offer MM services and nevermind that generally there won't be much difference in the service EpicNPC will offer compared to other MM, the main issue that EpicNPC seems to overlook is that if you start handling all the MM'ing you are bound to encounter at least a couple of scams a day and I mean scams that happen after the deal is done and you basically can't do much about it. With each day having 1-2(or maybe 10, who knows?) people complaining about EpicNPC way of handling things, the only thing you will get out of this is negative reputation and that might damage(reduce) the daily/monthly visitors in the long run.
I personally have stopped using forums altogether because of negative rep, so you have to weight if the profits outweigh the negative view from your target audience.

MistiServices

Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Staff member
423   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Multiple Accounts
Opinions are allowed. But not childish responses full of masked cursing are not. If you do not like system do not use it.

If someone wants a middleman for 10 dollar account they should not be buying account.
Now why would people leave? they are not required to use the middleman service.
Middlemen charge 5-20 dollars on this site. a lot are in 15-20 range. So the only additional is the fee for percentage of value.

lets keep the rest of this discussion clean and friendly.
Issue is that site is abusing thier power and taking advantage over other MM.Simply forbiding them to work or so if system shows sucessfull.and if system fails , he will simple allow ppl to work and get new mebers.

Thats main issue here, not a fee or that epicnpc offers it , its monopolizing market.Soon he will come to another silly idea to charge something else if this situation with middleman fails or succed.Atleast we can unite and show him that we as community are not puppets who will accept any change without drama.

And many mm services are 5$ which is acceptable for many users.

cocgamer

EpicMember Premium
EpicMember Premium Upgrade
Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
115   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
India
Multiple Accounts
[MENTION=177443]Kyo7763[/MENTION]
It's being very greedy and this has been going for some time now.

Making money through different avenues is not the same as abusing his position as the site owner to remove competition.

What he is doing now is equivalent to opening a LoL account shop, closing down the lol account forums and fucking over everyone who was selling lol accounts on his website, saying he doesn't need competition. Not to mention that his accounts would only be mediocre and that you can't really find the same variety as you could with 50+ account sellers.

This is exactly the same, the only difference being the amount of members being fucked over. That seems like greed and abuse of position to me.

- The service is not open 24/7 and does not operate during weekends.
- It does not provide money holding/chargeback protection which some MMs provided.
- The quality can't be as good as someone who's done over 1000 trades.

From my experience, if I don't respond to a MM request within an hour, there's over 50% chance that I lost that deal. Traders are generally impatient and want the account now, not tomorrow or in 3 days.

[MENTION=340034]Novun[/MENTION]
You're wrong. :)
Majority of scams happen at the moment of the trade.
Just check out the dispute forums and see how many disputes there are about going first and getting scammed compared to account recalls or chargebacks.

By simply using a MM, you are reducing the chances of getting scammed from 80% to 10%, compared to going first. Add ID verification to that and it drops to less than 5%.
A MM also provides extensive background checking and can use intuition to estimate the risk, further reducing the chance of scam.

This, even without any payment holding or guarantees already justifies the MM fee, if it's 4-6%.
Offering chargeback protection is possible, but offering recall protection is bullshit.

No one will give you guarantee from recalls, simply because it opens room for abuse and because it's not possible to determine if the account was actually recalled.
For majority of games, you have no way to know if the account was recalled or not. The support does not give you any info. I've only seen Blizzard providing info about recalls. So the chance of the buyer simply losing the account or attempting to scam by reporting the account as stolen are high.

I don't understand websites which provide this service and how do they do it. That's probably the reason why player auctions is full of bad reports. To me it looks like it's just another service like paypal's dispute resolution, where only certain proof is valid, while everything else gets you an automated response that you couldn't prove a recall.
totally agree with integrity

Been here for a very long time now , and i am very displeased and sad to see how old and reputed members are being treated here.

i have already talked to mike over this issue

to be a MM , had to attain and undergo certain conditions and criteria's , but i c , all effort in vain now , really gets me upset and i am almost done selling on this site here , been a while of me being unhappy with epic policies and the way old and good members are being treated.

and now the MM service is taken away , i also cant seem to get to be a mod , just cuz some countries are banned just like that , very dubious , but well o well , the rep earned doesn't matter , services given don't matter , i have always tried to help out members and buyers not even purchasing from me , and have been associated only with epic , but alas , need to find a better platform to provide services now :/

Last edited:

EpicNPC

Epic Admin
Admin
Staff member
56   0   0
Rating
100%
Country
US/Canada
Closing thread. New announcement will be posted later today in regards to MM services.

Status
Not open for further replies.