• We do not use Discord. Our middlemen do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.
  • Please vote about "hand farmed gold" claims. Vote here.

New BTC Scamming Method Targeting Sellers

simoon93

Country
Algeria
Multiple Accounts
I don't know if this is a new method or used before but I am gonna tell my experience with a scammer pretending to be a buyer.

NOTE: This post is for warning only, a description of a scamming accident that almost got me.

in my spare time, I buy and sell youtube channels online using serval payment options. once I had that big channel of my friend that we want to sell it in BTC for fast dealing, I use other websites rather than Epicnpc, where we found out there what calls himself a legit buyer, he refused to use the escrow service and tell us that he will pay first, we agreed for that since he will do the first move. after a while, he claims that all his BTC money was in his wallet at some trading site that he will send us from that site (the site is created by the scammer as apart of the trick). then he told us that he has the limit of withdrawal and he can only send to a member in that trading site and suggest us to create an account there and he will send us the payment so we can withdraw to our main wallet.

Well, we did open an account and he did send us payment from his wallet to ours in the site, but, when we tried to withdraw the payment to our real BTC wallet, a banner showed up and forced us to deposit an amount of money 0.025 BTC (about $200 NOW) in order to verify our account so we can proceed the withdraw, when we ask buyer about that, he pretends that he forgets to tell us about that, and tried to reassure us that is normal and it's for verification only,

we told him that we don't have balance and he needs to help us deposit that amount from his account to ours and we will send them back to him later after we get the payment, he again refrained by his limit transfer.

We suggested to him that we are not rushing and we can wait for his limits to end for him so we will do the trade smoothly. and until now he stopped writing to us cause he knew that he will get sh**:poop: from us :devilish:

That was my Experience with another clever scammer, so be aware of them, they try to make you trust them so they can apply any trick on you perfectly.

I have other experiences with them too will post when I find the time.

Be safe!

cl0wn11

Country
Latvia
Multiple Accounts
Very useful for new comers to crypto. I'm sure the scams are just starting to appear. Jut like with everything else new, be very careful. Wherever is money, there is scammers! DO YOUR RESEARCH!

Black Panther

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
When it comes to crypto, you should always check 1st before doing anything since scams are everywhere.

As an example, if you watch youtube, you'll see crypto scam ads all the time and youtube does nothing to block them. Always be careful before transferring your crypto anywhere.

Last edited:

faruqomer

Country
Turkey
Multiple Accounts
I don't know if this is a new method or used before but I am gonna tell my experience with a scammer pretending to be a buyer.

NOTE: This post is for warning only, a description of a scamming accident that almost got me.

in my spare time, I buy and sell youtube channels online using serval payment options. once I had that big channel of my friend that we want to sell it in BTC for fast dealing, I use other websites rather than Epicnpc, where we found out there what calls himself a legit buyer, he refused to use the escrow service and tell us that he will pay first, we agreed for that since he will do the first move. after a while, he claims that all his BTC money was in his wallet at some trading site that he will send us from that site (the site is created by the scammer as apart of the trick). then he told us that he has the limit of withdrawal and he can only send to a member in that trading site and suggest us to create an account there and he will send us the payment so we can withdraw to our main wallet.

Well, we did open an account and he did send us payment from his wallet to ours in the site, but, when we tried to withdraw the payment to our real BTC wallet, a banner showed up and forced us to deposit an amount of money 0.025 BTC (about $200 NOW) in order to verify our account so we can proceed the withdraw, when we ask buyer about that, he pretends that he forgets to tell us about that, and tried to reassure us that is normal and it's for verification only,

we told him that we don't have balance and he needs to help us deposit that amount from his account to ours and we will send them back to him later after we get the payment, he again refrained by his limit transfer.

We suggested to him that we are not rushing and we can wait for his limits to end for him so we will do the trade smoothly. and until now he stopped writing to us cause he knew that he will get sh**:poop: from us :devilish:

That was my Experience with another clever scammer, so be aware of them, they try to make you trust them so they can apply any trick on you perfectly.

I have other experiences with them too will post when I find the time.

Be safe!
Another way to scam on BTC;
buyers says btc sent, he sends you a screenshot about withdraw completed. then you want to make sure its right or not. you are checking blockchain.com or other tracking sites where is money, and you can see money is on blockchain. at this time if you give scammer your service/account you got scammed :). because they still can cancel transaction. please make sure minimum 3 confirmations before giving them your service or account. (i think this method works on other cryptos too)

Report ip hash: cbbc9850952844ce0694d4

Black Panther

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
buyers says btc sent, he sends you a screenshot about withdraw completed. then you want to make sure its right or not. you are checking blockchain.com or other tracking sites where is money, and you can see money is on blockchain. at this time if you give scammer your service/account you got scammed :). because they still can cancel transaction. please make sure minimum 3 confirmations before giving them your service or account. (i think this method works on other cryptos too)

Exactly correct. Need to make sure you receive full confirmation that the funds have arrived and if you're using a exchange don't release the details until the exchange acknowledges the transfer.

Report ip hash: 68f758e07894f42bc974f8

Black Panther

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

I always recommend paying people through exchanges. You can always submit a ticket if something goes wrong and there support might be able to help.

Report ip hash: 68f758e07894f42bc974f8

Black Panther

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Another NFT YouTube Scam Mintwiggleworld.com

1650540795618.jpeg

Report ip hash: 74c7a71ecf10d909759985

Black Panther

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Another youtube crypto scam

anchorprotocoleth.com

Pretty sad that youtube, google and twitter cannot combat these.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    87.6 KB
Report ip hash: 74c7a71ecf10d909759985

Black Panther

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
You know it's bad when Elon Musk tweets that crypto scams are out of control and people should not trust crypto ads on Twitter, Facebook or YouTube.

Report ip hash: 896eaca4dd75af04911cff