• We do not use Discord. Our middlemen do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.

My first scammer.. What I did and how I made him pay!

cyrix2005-Banned

Banned
BANNED - Do not buy, sell or trade with this user.
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Today a scammer named "WoWfan4life" messed with the wrong person /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I am 25 , and have been a Private Investigator for the State of Florida and Texas for 3 years.

I came across him interested in my World of Warcraft account offering 120$. He seemed very sketchy , rushing me etc. and I thought this trade was going to be a problem but I really wanted to get rid of this account. I accepted his offer and waited for payment via paypal. Since I was being very impatient which was my big mistake I did not wait for the "Pending" funds to clear.. So I gave the account information and as I thought the 120$ was cancelled before clearing. Immediately after giving him the info !

I had prepared for this situation , so I decided to try and turn this whole scam around /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Screenshots below, funniest thing I've ever seen , linked it to a whole bunch of friends thought you all would gain something from this experience too /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

====================
I copied the images to our server since the old host exceeded bandwidth. Here's the link in order. -MD

http://www.markeedragon.com/screenshots/data/3019/21.jpg
http://www.markeedragon.com/screenshots/data/3019/221.jpg
http://www.markeedragon.com/screenshots/data/3019/23.jpg
===================

I'm still thinking about that dispute /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'll be calling his mommy today.

Had to blur everything out for privacy. Excuse the cursing didn't have time to blur it ALL out.

Nekcihc

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Re: My first scammer.. What I did and how I made him pay! Must Read :)

thats awesome rofl, he got all scared and stuff "dude please its my mom's account" rofl

Nuka-Banned

Banned
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

Nice job, could you message me on AIM I have a question for you

Stev

Long-term member
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

Grats on your comeback =)

Stev

socialdwar

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

omg funny stuff...i got scammed too and still got the all the text in .html ... i was the dummy cuz it was my first time trading an account but ya he still has my station and steam account but i got wow back

cyrix2005-Banned

Banned
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

Wow 350+ views , I helped quite a few people out with how to get the information.. If you need any advice just e-mail me would be happy to help ( all for free )

I have limited amounts of Sygate Firewall 5.5 ( the application I used ) worth 80$ for free to people having problems with scammers. Let me know and glad you all enjoyed the post /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

coolsox

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

wow good job /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif always nice to see scammers getting their moneys worth. Registered just to congrats you /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm very computer litterate but I'm curious as to how you got his info with a firewall ? I could use some more investigation tricks, one of my forums was 'haxed' by some lamer using a year old exploit of phpbb, I'm searching in my raw HTTP logs / probably found the IP I was looking for, I'm familiar with tools like Cyberkit (get all dns info and crap), but I do know it's hard to traceback ips to people and there are many legal things to deal with if I want the info I need.

It's nothing critical and I have a pretty recent integral forum backup, but I would still like to be able to trace back his info somehow and have my forum guys and I do some payback.

few years ago someone pulled some similar crap on me, was able to traceback to him, found out he was doing bad stuff from his school computers, called his school board and I never heard from the guy again .. haha !

anyways good job!

cyrix2005-Banned

Banned
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

As I said , this takes little to no effort to do.. basic resources anyone can use .. E-mail me for any advice.

Taiiros

Long-term member
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

Classic, contact me on AIM about that Sygate firewall, it looks like something I could really use, but the website is awsome.

cyrix2005-Banned

Banned
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

New Links.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2716/scammer19gk.jpg

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/3595/scammer29aw.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3929/scammer37ac.jpg

Answering most e-mails. I never took his 120$ because that would be wrong on my end. I did call his mother that day and we came to an agreement. Appreciate the feedback didn't realize this would get so many views.. /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lillyanna

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

Ya know, this goes both ways. When I sold my Ever quest account ...eons ago... The buyer was a cop from Georgia. When he got the account he changed the password to Liberty20003 ..... And then he tried logging in and thought I canged it back to something else. The dumbass ment to do 2003 ... but had an extra 0 in there. It's funny because I asked him what he changed it to...told my friend and he knew right away that he made that mistake by putting the extra 0 in there. So he argued with me for a long time, and even called my parents.. I was 22 at the time .. so I laughed ... my parents laughed... the guy was so angry. I didn't care if I got the money or not .. I didn't even play eq for like 2 years ... just wanted to try and make some extra cash.

It is kinda sad that...you cannot stop people from selling accounts and such, yet it looks like EQ is kinda going the right route by offering a secure way of doing it.

Whats that old saying? If you can't beat them...join them? /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: Typos

Gunitt

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

hahaha thats the funniest [censored] iv ever seen

cyrix2005-Banned

Banned
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

I've been helping alot of people with pre-cautions to take with trading / selling. But Please stop sending me e-mails !! /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I will answer IM's ( afullmoon1 ) but no more e-mails or they will be deleted. I've helped over 100 people so far with settings , programs etc. But my inbox is getting too cluttered as you can see.

Thanks everyone and I will answer all IM's when I have time but for now I'm deleting most e-mails. Hope to help as many people as I can.

Inbox:
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/7094/omfg2mp.jpg

Cheazer-banned

Banned
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

F'in OWNED! I did this to a scammer a while ago and ended up getting the money and the account, but since i got the $ i gave him the account. I did it a different way but still owned a scammer. GG Scammers, I'ma getcha!

Kushie

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

Hehe funny stuff. Nice job I must say /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chingu-Banned

Banned
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts

LOL one of my favorite posts here. 29,000 views

wow noobian and cyrix are banned now , what is this world coming to>? /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif