Major optimization update coming...finally!

EpicNPC

Administrator
Administrator
Country
US/Canada
Member Since October 17, 2007
Total Completed Orders: 106
Total Feedback: 72
FINALLY! SOE announced that the "core" gameplay mechanics of Planetside 2 are complete so the next major focus for the game will be to make it run faster, smoother and increase players frame-rates.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/operation-make-faster-game.150282/

I haven't played the game in months, but once this update hits Im definitely going back to it. Frame-rate was really the only reason I stopped playing, theres only so much you can take of 15-20 FPS before rage quitting. The only class I could really play was the sniper since I could be further away from the battle and get better frame rates.

I also think frame-rates is the #1 reason why the game isn't doing so well. My PC is mid-high end and 15 FPS sucks so that basically alienates 80-90% of players who don't have beefy high end PCs. No first-person shooter should ever have less than 30 FPS imo otherwise aiming is too frustrating.

Still even at 15-20 frames, PS2 did better with massive combat than any other online game I've ever played. GW2 has really good framerate too.

hinigashi

Epic Member
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc. Stepped down on good terms.
Country
United Kingdom
Multiple Accounts
GW2 had always had a good framerate. Playing from the UK to the US, was perfect for me, and planetside 2 id love to go back to also.