• We do not use Discord. Our middlemen do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.

Is this a really weird crypto scam?

kugogizo

Country
Greece
Multiple Accounts
I had two customers today who wanted runescape gold and they wanted to pay me with crypto, they didn't want to pay with anything else. I have the crypto as an option but then again I'm not so experienced with it, I use coinbase to accept such payments because it's very user friendly.

In both of the cases they send the money to my coinbase wallet and it appeared in my email that I received bitcoins, however the transaction was pending and it said that it's invalid and I never got the coins.

Both of these buyers pressured me a lot and one of them was even threatening me that If I don't deliver him the gold then he will get me banned because he said that the amount he send was non-refundable and that he saw clearly that I received the coins.
Now, this is really irritating and I'm thinking to remove coinbase from my payment methods.

Are these people trying to fake "sent payments" so that you deliver them the goods then they somehow cancel the payment? has anyone else seen something like this?

The Integrity

EpicNPC Staff
Middleman
Approved Epicnpc MM for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Global Moderator
Country
Serbia
Yes it's possible, that's why you always wait for at least one network confirmation before releasing anything.

You can send BTC without actually having any. Those transactions would show up as usual, but would never get confirmed and eventually be discarded. Most online providers don't let you do that, but it's possible by directly broadcasting a transaction to the network using advanced wallet software.

It's also possible to make a legit transaction but send with zero fees. Those would also get discarded after some time since no node would want to include a transaction for free.

Era

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
Turkey
Multiple Accounts
Yes it's possible, that's why you always wait for at least one network confirmation before releasing anything.

You can send BTC without actually having any. Those transactions would show up as usual, but would never get confirmed and eventually be discarded. Most online providers don't let you do that, but it's possible by directly broadcasting a transaction to the network using advanced wallet software.

It's also possible to make a legit transaction but send with zero fees. Those would also get discarded after some time since no node would want to include a transaction for free.
Thanks for informations

Report ip hash: 1067ee5e53f582d004f521

Dark9Ahri

NO DISCORD! CONTACT ME BY PM
EpicMember Premium Upgrade
Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
Country
Indonesia
Multiple Accounts
I had two customers today who wanted runescape gold and they wanted to pay me with crypto, they didn't want to pay with anything else. I have the crypto as an option but then again I'm not so experienced with it, I use coinbase to accept such payments because it's very user friendly.

In both of the cases they send the money to my coinbase wallet and it appeared in my email that I received bitcoins, however the transaction was pending and it said that it's invalid and I never got the coins.

Both of these buyers pressured me a lot and one of them was even threatening me that If I don't deliver him the gold then he will get me banned because he said that the amount he send was non-refundable and that he saw clearly that I received the coins.
Now, this is really irritating and I'm thinking to remove coinbase from my payment methods.

Are these people trying to fake "sent payments" so that you deliver them the goods then they somehow cancel the payment? has anyone else seen something like this?
yes, it's possible I also got scammed with BTC on 2020

they purchase bitcoin from 3rd party, so the 3rd party will send you the bitcoin but it will pending until the purchaser got verified and payment received on their side

almost 99% of this kind of 3rd party website won't accept paypal, so they only accept bank transfer, and before the money received on their side, your bitcoin will never be complete and can be cancelled or nulled

I advise you make more terms if your customer want to use crypto,

example right now I accept paypal, but I make it more expensive than if they paid using wise, and the customer must have epicnpc account and verify phone number if want to use paypal as payment

ImVexal

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
United Kingdom
Multiple Accounts
I Personally wouldn't openly admit you aren't sure or that you don't have experience with crypto if you offer it as a payment method, people are evil and try and take advantage of you for this. I would just edit this line out just to save this from happening.
GLWS though :)

Report ip hash: 8b80ef72e67cd34d16bfa0
Reactions: Kai

Anime

Wandering Star
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Country
Philippines
Multiple Accounts
You can check on Blockchair or any other blockchain explorers, if the address they've sent is really valid, also ask for the txid link to check, emails and whatnot are not valid as proof alone if they cannot send a txid and/or if you've checked your address and has received nothing.

Report ip hash: 7df19a45fe3b5fc98e59d8

MrFoX

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Premium Upgrade
Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
Country
Netherlands
Multiple Accounts
Yup always have to make sure that the transaction got enough confirmations, otherwise it can be cancelled in some tricky way, but it depends per crypto coin some altcoins only need one confirmation.

Report ip hash: fa55eedca22851555a7525