• We do not use Discord. Our middlemen do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.

I hate people.

Stev

Long-term member
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Hello,

So it was yesterday. A nice afternoon - free of worries. Browsing the markee as usual, getting in a quick game on WC3 for some old/er school fun.

A guy IM's me. I notice his SN and realize ive done some business with him before. He wants to know If his friend can send me some cash for a few gamecards and cdkey. So I accept the offer, and tell him to send when he can. He sends the money within a few minutes. He sent me about $15 extra for thanks.

I order the 3 gamecards and give them to him. Shatteredcrystal is sold out of WOWKEYS to my despair. I browse the web and find gamersloot.net - and I place an order through them. They call about an hour later, and he says their out of keys and will send me a trial key until their in. - Sigh

I tell the guy I'll send him the gamekey tommorow and I sign off.

After a decent sleep, and waking up in the morning to prepare my day, I take a shower etc. And log back in onto my computer. I launch up Outlook and oh look, 3 new emails.

At that point in time, my attitude goes into a downward spiral. $170 dollars is on hold - because the owner claims it was compromised. I log into the paypal site, and check it out. Not only the $170 dollars is on hold, but so is the $100 dollars I have for the original guys keys as well - for the same reason (which I never got an email about).

I arrive home.

Paypal has awarded $170 dollars back to the guy. [censored].

The $100 from the original guy is still on hold, and Im awaiting to see what the hell happends with that.

I will release [censored] once I talk to the guy, who still expects the CDKEY.

Stev

Fidgit

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Interesting situation.

Sorta off subject. How come people actually have other people by GC's and keys for them? I mean this isnt the first time Ive seen people asking for cards and keys. Not that i have problem with it just a bit bewildered as why they dont do it themselves from the same sites the sellers are using.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Please dont take this as a flame in any way shape or form I just literally am curious/confused.

Stev

Long-term member
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Well Im assuming he saw my CDKEY posts, and contacted me about it. I of course didnt have any more, but he was offering a little more then what was on shattered crystal - so I bought.

Then he "told his friend how fast and legit I was" and he wanted some too.

Stev

Fidgit

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Yeah i get that, but why dont people just buy direct from shattered crystal. This isnt the first time ive seen people buying from other MD traders instead of direct from sites. I just wondered was there some fundamental reason people choose to pay more to buy of private (although confirmed genuine) seller as opposed to a well known site. Is it just that people are lacking knowledge that they can purchase keys direct? Or something else.