EpicNPC Marketplace

Register a free account today to become a member! Then start trading, buying or selling with other members using our secure Trade Guardian middleman system.

• We do not use Discord. Our middleman do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.

How does the e-mail change work when selling an account?

0   0   0
Country
Germany
Multiple Accounts
If i want to change the email address i must contact them via ticket from the new email address (The email address of the buyer)
How does that work exactly? I obviously can't login to the buyers personal email to send the BDO support my ID.

Do i give the buyer a pic of my ID so that he can submit a ticket with his email address?
If yes how does it work with a middleman? Sometimes a BDO ticket takes up to a month to get seen. What if the buyer doesn't want the account anymore if it takes so long? What about a middleman? Would he wait that long?

As you can see i'm completely lost xD

ip hash: 9eea4932b0b8f488fb3857

cholmagas

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
0   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
im new and have the same question m8. I am trying to understand exactly what the middle man does. Right now I assume it works as such:

1. the seller/original owner sends the email, password, along with their government photoID to the middle man.
2. middle man confirms account is as advertised.
3. buyer gives his email that he wants the account linked to and password to middle man.
4. middle man logs into buyers email and sends request to pearl abyss to have new email linked to account providing owner photo ID as proof.
5. middle man waits for pearl abyss response
6. middle man confirms pearl abyss accepted email change and completes transaction.

if someone would please tell me if this is how it works or not i would very much appreciate it. thanks.

Last edited:
ip hash: 70770706498c37fc071cb0
14   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
im new and have the same question m8. I am trying to understand exactly what the middle man does. Right now I assume it works as such:

1. the seller/original owner sends the email, password, along with their government photoID to the middle man.
2. middle man confirms account is as advertised.
3. buyer gives his email that he wants the account linked to and password to middle man.
4. middle man logs into buyers email and sends request to pearl abyss to have new email linked to account providing owner photo ID as proof.
5. middle man waits for pearl abyss response
6. middle man confirms pearl abyss accepted email change and completes transaction.

if someone would please tell me if this is how it works or not i would very much appreciate it. thanks.
just make a new throwaway email account, change it to that one on your own, and then provide it with the account for sale. most buyers won't object to that and they have no reason to

ip hash: 7102d5ce3a7696adcbef28

cholmagas

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
0   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
just make a new throwaway email account, change it to that one on your own, and then provide it with the account for sale. most buyers won't object to that and they have no reason to
"they have no reason to"
lmao good one.

what part of, the owner can always reclaim the account if they have knowledge of the currently linked email address dont you understand? Yes, there is a very important reason for them to object to the procedure. If they don't have knowledge of the currently linked email they would have to claim that the account was hacked or stolen which would make it a more difficult process to reclaim, thus making it safer for the buyer. If we are talking about an account that costs a few hundred, then sure maybe not worth the hassle, but if you are dealing with an account worth thousands then you'd be an idiot to not request this procedure.

14   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
"they have no reason to"
lmao good one.

what part of, the owner can always reclaim the account if they have knowledge of the currently linked email address dont you understand? Yes, there is a very important reason for them to object to the procedure. If they don't have knowledge of the currently linked email they would have to claim that the account was hacked or stolen which would make it a more difficult process to reclaim, thus making it safer for the buyer. If we are talking about an account that costs a few hundred, then sure maybe not worth the hassle, but if you are dealing with an account worth thousands then you'd be an idiot to not request this procedure.

You literally answered your own question. The original owner can always get the account back as long as they have identification. If it will give you some peace of mind, then you can obviously request whatever you want. In the end it all comes down to kind of person that the seller is, if they want the account back they will get it back, knowledge of email or not.

Haha just kidding dude, you're totally right, the huge inconvenience of having to draft up a slightly longer ticket will surely dissuade someone from reclaiming their multi thousand dollar account

Last edited:
ip hash: 7102d5ce3a7696adcbef28

cholmagas

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
0   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
You literally answered your own question. The original owner can always get the account back as long as they have identification. If it will give you some peace of mind, then you can obviously request whatever you want. In the end it all comes down to kind of person that the seller is, if they want the account back they will get it back, knowledge of email or not.

Haha just kidding dude, you're totally right, the huge inconvenience of having to draft up a slightly longer ticket will surely dissuade someone from reclaiming their multi thousand dollar account
*FacePalm* Dude, the point isn't to simply dissuade the seller by making the reclaim process longer or inconvenient, its to make your reclaim seem very suspicious and to get P.A's attention so they reject/refuse your reclaim. If you attempt to reclaim the account by means of requesting an email change, which would be the simplest method, as per P.A's email change policy you would need the currently linked email otherwise your request is instantly IGNORED. You would then be forced to claim stolen/hacked account which would raise flags on your account and get the account permanently banned.

You'd have to prove that your account got hacked which is not as easy as you think. P.A is already aware that this type of behavior of selling and reclaiming accounts exists, they will be hesitant to give your account back, the buyer/whoever has control of the account will get involved in the situation and can provide evidence to P.A of a transaction. In fact, I have a friend who went through exactly this. He bought an account and got the seller to agree to allowing him to make the email change. Afterwards when the seller tried to reclaim, they couldn't do it through the simple process of another email change but had to claim it was stolen/hacked. P.A ended up denying the owner a reclaim but the account was banned. So no, you are wrong, you can't always get the account back as long as you have identification, it depends on the reclaim method.

The point of this isn't to simply make the reclaim process longer, its to make seller think twice. They would have to choose either their beloved account or some potential cash, which mind you can also be charged back which in that case you not only get your account permanently banned but also lose out on the money.

Last edited:

cholmagas

Epic Member
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
0   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
I'm not saying my method is 100% safe, but it's certainly safer than your method of just having a burner email because your method leaves open the potential of a very, very simple email change request which takes a simple form to fill out and a 1 day wait time to process, lol. My method eliminates some potential scammers. And if you aren't a scammer then you shouldn't have to worry about giving your ID to anyone. Like the saying goes, if you got nothing to hide then you got nothing to fear.

So again, yes, there is lots of reasons for the seller to abide by this process.

Last edited:

Guardian1969

Trusted Seller EpicNPC Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Local Moderator
112   0   0
Country
Singapore
Multiple Accounts
If I am in Asia, can I buy an account which is resided in US server?

ip hash: ef8aff92fb9b1d7d0cf171