EpicNPC Marketplace

Register a free account today to become a member! Then start trading, buying or selling with other members using our secure Trade Guardian middleman system.

Dis cord has been banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistiServices

BEST FOR YOUR GAMING NEEDS
Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Local Moderator
480   0   0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Multiple Accounts
Take in consideration ,that scammed people are only sellers ( rarely buyer is scammed, as we ban scammers here as soon they register ). I have recived over 50 reports that sellers , who have posted their discord on gold selling section , are scammed by my impersonator.We cant do much about it , people without expirience are more likely to get scammed , we all can hope that after 1st scam ,that they learn lesson.And doesnt matter what we do , where do they sell , they will be scammed.

ip hash: 3bb457b144f7ff270ebb3a

Nxp

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Premium Upgrade
Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
51   0   0
Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts
I think overall it would effect the sellers more than anything. I've had a few of my customers add me direct on Dis cord because they don't have a EpicNPC profile and are too lazy to make one. They just want a quick buy and move on.
It's a hard problem to try get a solution for but maybe also if we include our Unique Dis cord ID to our posts which that cannot be copied or impersonated?
It's easy to check peoples Unique ID's and it's very easy to set up. That way you know for certain it is the right person you are talking to and that way they don't even need to PM you via EpicNPC to check. (for those who don't make accounts)

But even so that we preach over and over that you must request a PM on Epic before they buy via dis cord they still never do. I've actually had to say to a few of my customers that i will PM on Epic to prove it's me and they even refuse most times. "Nah it's okay i trust you"
So i think the big fault here does lie with buyers being too lazy to request a PM. I mean if i was spending 100's of Dollars on something i would want to make sure i am talking to the right person.

As suggested above i think maybe having a post above the sticky thread that would even be monitored/setup by the local moderators to take the load off the admins would be a good idea. Just a quick thread about what to look out for, request a pm, how to check Unique dis cord IDs, "How to avoid being scammed" and so on.

ip hash: 0db5e089edd09fdf06b0d2

Zoefken

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
31   0   0
Country
Belgium
Multiple Accounts
If you're unhappy here by all means leave :)
Seems like Mr.Fox only cares about sales (even though it doesn't seem like you get many) and not showing any sense of sympathy when other users had been scammed.
Not sure why you're so worked up about banning Discord, although the ban had been removed already.
There's no "embarrassing" solution, you don't know the result if you haven't tried the solution. You are presuming that it wont work because you are only self interested and only care about sales. You fear the loss of sales.
You don't see the bigger picture here.
When users get scammed, they are fearful of making another transaction, so IF you care about sales so much, I hope you can see the correlation between scams and sales.
This is by far the worst comment a mod should give. Imagen you go to a car salesman and you ask them why the car is priced that high? Next he tells you to **** off and go nextdoor.

What kind of a comment is this? So according to you banning a popular medium for sales talks is the solution. I know the ban has been lifted. But unlike you others have allready provided viable solutions. And yes you can construct a possible reaction to a specific action. I for one know that when you push a ball the ball will roll.

I for one am not selling anything anymore. But that does not mean that someone can not predict that the action will cause a loss of intereset in the site. Don't forget the bigger the site the harder it can fall. MySpace was once the biggest social media platform. Yahoo used to be the biggest search engine. But i guess the way you speak to people means you probably never even heard of those site. Get one fact straight - prohibiting one thing = less people using the site = moving somewhere else.

Take in consideration ,that scammed people are only sellers ( rarely buyer is scammed, as we ban scammers here as soon they register ). I have recived over 50 reports that sellers , who have posted their discord on gold selling section , are scammed by my impersonator.We cant do much about it , people without expirience are more likely to get scammed , we all can hope that after 1st scam ,that they learn lesson.And doesnt matter what we do , where do they sell , they will be scammed.
I believe if i read this the issue is not discord, the issue is that people do not verify who they speak to. One of the best solutions would be to let people join a EpicNPC discord and let the trading happen there? And make it widespread.

Last edited:
ip hash: 116c0945ddd99da287be36

SylphidGaming

#1 Mobile Game Fresh Account Store
Professional Seller
Large seller, normally with their own website or business.
201   0   0
Country
Indonesia
I think overall it would effect the sellers more than anything. I've had a few of my customers add me direct on Dis cord because they don't have a EpicNPC profile and are too lazy to make one. They just want a quick buy and move on.
It's a hard problem to try get a solution for but maybe also if we include our Unique Dis cord ID to our posts which that cannot be copied or impersonated?
It's easy to check peoples Unique ID's and it's very easy to set up. That way you know for certain it is the right person you are talking to and that way they don't even need to PM you via EpicNPC to check. (for those who don't make accounts)

But even so that we preach over and over that you must request a PM on Epic before they buy via dis cord they still never do. I've actually had to say to a few of my customers that i will PM on Epic to prove it's me and they even refuse most times. "Nah it's okay i trust you"
So i think the big fault here does lie with buyers being too lazy to request a PM. I mean if i was spending 100's of Dollars on something i would want to make sure i am talking to the right person.

As suggested above i think maybe having a post above the sticky thread that would even be monitored/setup by the local moderators to take the load off the admins would be a good idea. Just a quick thread about what to look out for, request a pm, how to check Unique dis cord IDs, "How to avoid being scammed" and so on.
regarding how to find discord id and other things, we have discussion and have several post/thread about it
https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/guide-to-check-discord-impersonator-unique-id.1500499/

check here for people that want avoid dispute/chargeback from paypal : https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/be-...-on-g2g-game-marketplace-is-a-hacker.1512399/

the problem, new user or not registered yet, don't know how to find it or don't know they are exist..

some people even got scammed by old impersonator that already banned and their paypal email and unique discord id already disclosed to hope no one got scammed again by them :eek:

the main problem, how we can try prevent people got scammed?

from my side, personally I do these things, and hope at least my customer won't got scammed by other in future

1. I only accept goods & services payment, I will refund friend/family payment from paypal
Why? because I hope my buyer will not get scammed by the other, and even if they got scammed they can dispute and get back their money, and other reason I use this to make sure I also can win chargeback or normal dispute at paypal
Some may think this will increase risk for seller to get scammed by buyer because it's easy to dispute, but if you are as seller and dare accept this payment method, your buyer feel safer and find no risk at all to buy from you, this will help increase your sales volume
Regarding the risk, friend / family also have risk, and if it's chargeback you 100% lose the case, but if using goods&service you still can win the case as long you follow all paypal regulation when you do the transaction.
In my case if my buyer cannot fulfill the requirement that I needed as proof / evidence for paypal transaction, I prefer refund their payment and end it there, rather than take a risk for profit but in the end lost everything

example :
1570536780363.png

2. I always ask my customer to pm me on epicnpc, and if they are new user and not have verified phone, I will ask them to verify first, if they don't want, they need at least make a post at epicnpc so I can check their location
Why? because this also encourage them to make this become their habit, to send pm or verify with the seller on this site before doing transaction and also this help me to avoid scammer that was banned in the past
example :
1570536899060.png

When users get scammed, they are fearful of making another transaction, so IF you care about sales so much, I hope you can see the correlation between scams and sales.
it's like iAccomplish said, by helping other to not get scammed, they may potentially become your customer / buyer, it's not just help this marketplace become better, but also help yourself as seller

so better we discuss over and brainstorming a good idea to help each other

and @EpicNPC, I think you need edit the title, people still think this site banned discord and need people to register first to be able contact the seller, they got work up for nothing because not read thoroughly and just blame and throwing tantrum at here

Last edited:
ip hash: 719055713fc8acdbb1213d

Nxp

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
51   0   0
Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts
regarding how to find discord id and other things, we have discussion and have several post/thread about it
https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/guide-to-check-discord-impersonator-unique-id.1500499/

check here for people that want avoid dispute/chargeback from paypal : https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/be-...-on-g2g-game-marketplace-is-a-hacker.1512399/

the problem, new user or not registered yet, don't know how to find it or don't know they are exist..

some people even got scammed by old impersonator that already banned and their paypal email and unique discord id already disclosed to hope no one got scammed again by them :eek:

the main problem, how we can try prevent people got scammed?

from my side, personally I do these things, and hope at least my customer won't got scammed by other in future

1. I only accept goods & services payment, I will refund friend/family payment from paypal
Why? because I hope my buyer will not get scammed by the other, and even if they got scammed they can dispute and get back their money, and other reason I use this to make sure I also can win chargeback or normal dispute at paypal
Some may think this will increase risk for seller to get scammed by buyer because it's easy to dispute, but if you are as seller and dare accept this payment method, your buyer feel safer and find no risk at all to buy from you, this will help increase your sales volume
Regarding the risk, friend / family also have risk, and if it's chargeback you 100% lose the case, but if using goods&service you still can win the case as long you follow all paypal regulation when you do the transaction.
In my case if my buyer cannot fulfill the requirement that I needed as proof / evidence for paypal transaction, I prefer refund their payment and end it there, rather than take a risk for profit but in the end lost everything

example :
View attachment 225882

2. I always ask my customer to pm me on epicnpc, and if they are new user and not have verified phone, I will ask them to verify first, if they don't want, they need at least make a post at epicnpc so I can check their location
Why? because this also encourage them to make this become their habit, to send pm or verify with the seller on this site before doing transaction and also this help me to avoid scammer that was banned in the past
example :
View attachment 225888

it's like iAccomplish said, by helping other to not get scammed, they may potentially become your customer / buyer, it's not just help this marketplace become better, but also help yourself as seller

so better we discuss over and brainstorming a good idea to help each other

and @EpicNPC, I think you need edit the title, people still think this site banned discord and need people to register first to be able contact the seller, they got work up for nothing because not read thoroughly and just blame and throwing tantrum at here
Yeah i agree, even myself when i was dealing with my first scam dispute i had trouble finding where to post it and actually asked for help to locate it.
I feel like there should be an easier way to find it as suggest like a post above the sticky threads which would include finding the right posts such as starting a dispute and finding out how to locate the discord ID and so on.

A customer of mine got scammed by a user who imposed as a MM. Now he was a new member and didn't even know there was such a scam dispute page on Epic, it was only when he had scammed another one of my customers and it was brought up in my discord that he also stated he scammed him. I urged them both to open a dispute so he could get rightfully banned. So by them not posting a scam dispute this scammer had gone and scammed not 1 but 2 more users in a short period of time starting new accounts and doing it all again. It wasn't until myself and a moderator put a stop to him. But it didn't stop him from making new accounts and trying again. So my question is also is there some way to stop this scammers from repeatably starting new accounts? (I do not know if there is already a system in place)

ip hash: 0db5e089edd09fdf06b0d2

EpicNPC

Administrator
Administrator
60   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Closing as this discussion has deteriorated.

The Discord ban was only in effect for a few hours and was lifted the same day. We are considering other solutions to address this issue that do not involve banning discord.

Criticisms, objections and discussions are always welcomed, name calling and flaming are not. Warnings were issued to those that did.

Status
Not open for further replies.