EpicNPC Marketplace

Register a free account today to become a member! Then start trading, buying or selling with other members using our secure Trade Guardian middleman system.

Covid-19 : How have you been affected?

SaltnVinegar

Trusted Upgrade
Trusted usergroup. Verified members for over a year and 50+ positive feedback.
Verified Upgrade
Members who have verified their identity with us.
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Super Moderator
80   0   0
Country
Australia
Professional, business or personal. How have you been affected so far?

In Australia, our supermarkets have empty shelves for a lot of different products. Pasta, rice, flour, sugar, meats, hand sanitisers, toilet paper, paper towel etc.
Our government have taken measures to curb the spread through various means such as banning large groups, potentially closing restaurants and banning cruise ships with more restrictions to come.
People are fighting in the supermarkets and over social media all stemming from the pandemic.
The Australian $ is losing value by the day, superannuation's are currently shot.

I feel like these times will be something we'll remember forever.

Have you prepped any? Bought any more than what you normally would?
How far do you think this will go? How is your country fairing?

This is a global event and in such times we should be open with discussions and take note on how us ordinary people's from around the globe are coping.

Discuss here.

ip hash: a14be9bbd7cb7d88cd8535

Romolus

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Local Moderator
13   0   0
Country
Germany
Multiple Accounts
Where I am living in Germany, I'm located exactly between the Swiss and Austrian borders, those has been shut down tight like for good for you unless you can prove that you work on the other country side they won't let you trespass.

In general people seem participate in their very own fear mongering over the past few days from what I have seen so far, from avoiding contact to the outside world and locking themselves in their homes to literally ransacking local grocery stores for food items such as: Pasta, canned food, soap, disinfection solutions, milk, eggs and of course as a highlight toilet papers stacks on mass (while I cannot understand, how one will be able to use 50 rolls of toilet paper or whats the point in buying so much). That's what I have seen missing in my stores at least when I went to them to run some errands today.

It has impacted my normal day to day life in a rather give it or take it positive way at first glance, since I haven't been able to attend my university for any readings, because they pretty much shut down for the next month or so and told everybody to stay at home. I have to be honest, but I kind of am getting bored of the idea of even being stuck at home and cannot do much social wise, without having to run into the risk of catching this virus in the first place and I honestly don't feel like having again another flu-type like virus since I just was sick three times in the row the last four months.

Economically-wise with most businesses shutting down for the next 2 to 4 weeks, I think it will leave a very deep grove/mark in most countries smaller and middle sized established businesses such as hotels, shops etc. And I don't think that many will survive under the fact that they won't be able to earn any substantial amounts of their usual income, which will be extremely detrimental to those businesses and can mean that they will have to file bankruptcy or close their business for good.

As for the future progress of the virus situation, I hope that we will be able at some point to contain it in and hopefully reduce the numbers of new people getting infected, which seems sadly as of now fairly unlikely. The worst case scenario, however that could happen yet still is that the virus mutates to something worse, as for example the Spanish flu in the late 19th century. if that would be to happen we wouldn't have 2% as the total death toll, but 60%.

By the way on a side note the most hilarious related incident I have seen regarding the Corona Virus outbreak has been some tic tock memes, where people have been literally doing the "Corona Challenge" which consists of pretty much you guessed it, licking surfaces in public space. Ya it's truly astonishing sometimes how mankind made it this far...

ip hash: f02b8cc96ec39c0ce269a2

Angel

Verified Upgrade
Super Moderator
50   0   0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
77831764-20f3-41df-8b35-2b83c51b34c5.png

It's about same here. People in a panic run into stores to buy everything. Currently, there is no meat, eggs, toilet papers, etc. I hope that this **** will pass soon.

Last edited:
ip hash: 9c2d2f34d307e773dfaf19

doomedtofail

EpicNPC Verified
Middleman
Approved Epicnpc MM for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc. Stepped down on good terms.
362   0   0
Country
US/Canada
Multiple Accounts
Currently it looks like our area is going to close all businesses with NO plan to make sure workers are taken care of. They talk of postponing bills, but this america, land of greedy corporations. the second the billing is allowed I am sure they will want their money upfront or major interest charges.

Good luck getting anything important in stores.
Lysol wipes, toilet paper, most household cleaners, tylenol etc. all gone.

ip hash: 4308cbbf90b81a720df2af

iAccomplish

EpicNPC Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Premium Upgrade
Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
Local Moderator
171   0   1
Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts
I am also from Australia just like SaltnVinegar and it is definitely not looking good at all. I went to the shops 2 hours ago, and could not get hold of anything other than snacks. The whole milk/water aisle are completely empty. Its sad.

I also have a day job that is very close to closing down and forcing us to work from home.

I honestly don't see this ending any time soon.

ip hash: 020937fbfa15f3769ab7cb

Salim98

#PUBG ACCOUNTS SELLER
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
Former Mod
Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc. Stepped down on good terms.
45   0   0
Country
Algeria
Multiple Accounts
Currently chilling in my country, nothing major other than people over reacting

ip hash: 0f234423f7d11444389c5b

Austin Powers

The Original Aussie Super Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Super Moderator
84   0   0
Country
Australia
another aussie here , most people who know me knew that i have gone through some personal stuff past few years. its gotten that bad near where i was , i had to leave that place and live back with family who live rurally in QLD to make sure i do not catch the virus, luckily out there the panic buying isnt bad

ip hash: 7107930e88f8d0dacba036

iAccomplish

EpicNPC Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Local Moderator
171   0   1
Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts
another aussie here , most people who know me knew that i have gone through some personal stuff past few years. its gotten that bad near where i was , i had to leave that place and live back with family who live rurally in QLD to make sure i do not catch the virus, luckily out there the panic buying isnt bad
I also just noticed that you also are back to being a moderator. Welcome Back

Austin Powers

The Original Aussie Super Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Super Moderator
84   0   0
Country
Australia
ip hash: 7107930e88f8d0dacba036

iAccomplish

EpicNPC Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Local Moderator
171   0   1
Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts

iAccomplish

EpicNPC Moderator
Trusted Upgrade
Verified Upgrade
Local Moderator
171   0   1
Country
Australia
Multiple Accounts

Kote

EpicNPC Moderator
Verified Upgrade
Local Moderator
48   0   0
Country
Georgia
Multiple Accounts
Everything is closed. Old games are back, C.S 1.6 and etc/

ip hash: eb1106181346474862ee45

Deline

EpicNPC Verified
Verified Upgrade
EpicMember Upgrade
Upgraded member.
42   0   0
Country
Georgia
Multiple Accounts
Goverment has been handling it pretty well only 79 people has virus here (well at least that we know of) and nobody has died from it markets aren't empty either.

And yeah as Kote mentioned above everything except supermarkets, pharmacy and some other things are closed like restaurants, bars and stuff.

National currency lost its value bit too.

ip hash: 10b5a8af2798b259504a44