• We do not use Discord. Our middlemen do not use Discord. All Trade Guardian services are on Epicnpc, NEVER off-site or via email. We do not investigate Discord disputes. Please contact members on our website.

Avoiding scammers 101. A post by Adascootridr.

Sodith1245

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Okay, well most of you know me by now as a Ex-scammer. Well as a ex-scammer i can tell you all the things i used when i was scamming. Its should help greatly.

First of, always know who you are talking to. Get their markee name.

( <font color="red"> Also ask a mod or Admin to check profiles we see things you guys don't )</font>

Look at their profile on aim anything to get to know them before trading helps alot.

Second, communication is key, talk to him on the phone. Get his HOME phone number as well as give him yours if he ask for it. If the dude blocks his number when calling you, do not answer it. Simply tell him on AIM or what ever you are using to communicate that you want his home phone number. If he does not give it to you simply tell him in a nice way that you do not want to deal with him if he is not will to give this info.

Thirdly, never let someone you dont know VERY WELL on your account, they can delete it or take it. If you are on the phone with them and have the info i told you above make sure you have a way to get the account back incase he does decide to take it ( secret word, or knowing the old owner to it that has the SW.).

Also if the account he is trading is godly and yours is not that great its probley a scam. And overall just think before you go with the trade. And make sure the deal you are getting is equal to your account or better.

See the char in game and talk to the guy you are trading with alot and get to know him for the most part.. If you want a day to think about the trade tell him you want a day to think.

If he tells you never mind he wants to get rid of the account quick it might be scammed or he is trying to scam you.

You are just going to get screwed in the end. If the rightful owner of that account recalls it. You are out of both accounts. So just think before you do and you should be good.

As for buying accounts you need to be really safe. Make sure that you are paying to a verified buyer.

Never make a payment with out the guy knowing when you are going to pay. I like to talk on the phone to the person while i am making the payment so i can tell him i made it and that i can get the info right away from him.

If he does not give you the info or say's that he does not have it, recall your money RIGHT AWAY do not wait at all to file a complaint with paypal..

Make sure you always get the SQ and SA along with the CD key. With the CD key you can get the SQ and SA changed. /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

If he recalls the account contact paypal and the authorities. Once again know his info. Search his phone number on google, these can ussaly bring up their addy and their name of the phone owners.

So that is always a plus. Once you have this info always hold onto it, write it down on a peice of paper or store it in your computer. So if anything happens you can contact the authorities.

Also i want to add that it is not safe for trading, selling, or buying to use vent or TS at all.

You dont know who you are talking to and they can just leave after they get what they want its probley the worst idea i ever heard about not getting scammed.

People think that because they can hear you and stuff that you arnt going to get scammed. But that is not true. So just be smart when buying, or trading. This is pretty much all i have for now. If you have any questions contact me on AIM (adascootridr) or post here i will be happy to answer all the questions you have.

-Nick-

Please sticky this in all the selling forums if you can please it would be awsome. And i hope this helps.

<font color="red"> Edited by your friendly neighborhood Admin. for easier reading /u/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif</font>

cyrix2005-Banned

Banned
BANNED - Do not buy, sell or trade with this user.
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Needs paragraphs or most people won't even read it.

Nuka-Banned

Banned
BANNED - Do not buy, sell or trade with this user.
Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
Avoiding Scammers 101 do not trade with ADA Scoot Ridr, whether or not he has changed since last night I don't know but from I do know, I let him log on on my Warrior because I used to be friends with him back in the day, until someone I knew stole his Lock and we pretty much stopped talking. But he logged on my Warrior, I came home pass changed and hes doing Onyxia, thank god I recalled before he had the chance to be there for when she died or else I am 90% sure he would have looted every item on her body. So I say, ok thanks you changed the password, I recalled, it was your mistake , your not going on my Warrior ever again. Little did I know that during the short time he was online a guildie of mine who just got High Warlord today asked If he (thinking it was me) would help him get some honor by playing his character, he said sure but I forgot your info and attempted to steal his account as well as mine. He of course denied everything which I thought was funny, and continued to ask me to let him log into my Warrior PROMISING not to do a single thing. Obviously I did not let him.

Just thought i'd let this out since I don't like people think they are taking advantage of me.

And don't think by making a sloppy, completely in broken english, paragraph that your somehow repenting on the numerous people who you have stolen from, I will take this post seriously once I see the thousands of dollars you've stolen go back to their owners.

Jujueju

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
just for the people that read that paragraph theres a couple things wrong in it. First of all you cant change the Secret question with the cd key, ive tried about 5 times every blizz rep says no. YOu can change the name of the account thats it. 2nd the police dont care about your wow account, trust me.

Jujueju

Country
Not Phone Verified
Multiple Accounts
i just got off the phone with 3 different representives from blizzard. YOU CAN NOT CHANGE THE NAME ON AN ACCOUNT WITH THE CD KEY. I tried very hard and all said its permanant and you cant change.