Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Instagram
Register
Advertise here!
    Epic Admin
    Admin
    Here to help. Just contact me if you have any questions.
    Verified Upgrade
    Members who have verified their identity with us.
    Phone Authenticator
    Phone authenticator enabled.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    100%

Personal Middleman Service - TG - Update #2

After much deliberation we have decided to change the structure of the new Personal MM Service feature for Trade Guardian.

The new system will allow members to offer MM services as before, but the MM system will be built into Trade Guardian.

This is the basic rundown for how the new system will work and I'll break it down from the perspective of the buyer, seller and middleman.

Buyer
    • Will be able to make offers or start a TG transaction directly from a thread.
    • Buyer will be able to select what type of TG transaction they want to use. Bitcoin, credits or MM and this depends on what the seller accepts.
    • Buyer can offer their own price or accept the seller's "ask price".

Seller

• From a thread, the seller can select if they accept TG offers and what types they accept (Bitcoin, credits or MM)
    • They can set an "asking price"
    • Sellers can accept or deny a buyer's offer

Basically this new system changes the way seller's insert TG into their threads. It addes MM services to it and creates an offer system so there's more flexibility.

Sellers will be able to select any of the 3 transaction types or all of them. So if a seller only wants to use the MM service or only Bitcoin, they can do that.

Middleman

• A new MM transaction page will be created. Only MM can access it.
    • This page will list pending or active Trade Guardian Middleman transactions.
    • MM can then "Claim" a transaction.
    • The buyer, seller and MM then complete the transaction through the Trade Guardian system
      • Fees are collected by Epicnpc
      • MM earns a commission, then can request payment. Epicnpc takes a percentage of the fee.
      • All MM fees will be the same. So MM will not be competing with each other.

We are requiring the process through TG to keep prices uniform and also to keep the process the same and simple for buyers. We also don't want MM undercutting each other. MM will have to be approved and meet certain requirement.

This allows trusted sellers to offer MM services. Sellers can opt in or out of the service and the process will be easy for buyers. The thread integration will provide more visibility for MM services so MM can earn more. Plus there will be a lot more MM than now, so there will be a lot more coverage.

There's a lot of options/features I left out because I don't want to go into too much details.

MM Threads - I have reopend the MM threads in the MM forum. Members are allowed to post their MM threads again. If your MM thread was removed, just message me to get it restored.

Once we launch the new service, we will again be closing the MM forum and removing MM threads. All MM transactions will have to be through the TG system.

We expect to launch late Nov or early December.

Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
    Giveaways, Promotions, Videos, and Special Events

2. #ADS

EpicNPC Verified
    Local Forum Mod
    Trusted Upgrade
    Our most trusted usergroup. Members are verified, have 50+ positive feedback and have been a member for over a year.
    Verified Upgrade
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    There was no need for this change at all, the amount of middleman scamming is absolutely lower than the amount of scammers "you send money first".
    There was literally no need, you made things way harder for everyone and thats it.

EpicMember Premium
    Trusted Upgrade
    Our most trusted usergroup. Members are verified, have 50+ positive feedback and have been a member for over a year.
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Premium Upgrade
    Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    I think this is a much better option than the previous one. I'm glad that the community has a say in these matters (Even if it's through a lot of drama). That being said I think we need some sort of reassurance that the changes regarding the way transactions are carried out stop here.
    Because if you would monetize the trades themselves somehow (for example 10% of each transaction go to EpicNPC) you might just as well change the name of the website to 'Playerauctions2'. I don't think this will ever happen as it would be extremely counterproductive. But it seems to me it's not easy to push through even these small changes.
    I just hope the MM-s who will continue their business through this new system will like it enough that it's worth sacrificing the old way (If that ever happens as the MM threads are reopened).

Last edited by Novun; 11-09-2017 at 03:38 PM.

5. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Epic Admin
    Admin
    Verified Upgrade
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    That being said I think we need some sort of reassurance that the changes regarding the way transactions are carried out stop here.
    Because if you would monetize the trades themselves somehow (for example 10% of each transaction go to EpicNPC) you might just as well change the name of the website to 'Playerauctions2'.
    That would change the entire site if we did something like that. That is not our platform, we are a free and open marketplace where anyone can buy and sell for free.

7. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Verified Middleman
    Local Forum Mod
    Trusted Upgrade
    Middleman
    Approved Epicnpc MM for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Upgrade
    Upgraded member.
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    This is much better than the initial plan and I'm glad that you decided to make the change.

Since I don't know the details yet, I can't give an accurate opinion, but so far it looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by copyandpasta View Post
    There was no need for this change at all, the amount of middleman scamming is absolutely lower than the amount of scammers "you send money first".
    There was literally no need, you made things way harder for everyone and thats it.
    The service is completely optional for everyone. Don't see how it makes anything harder.

Professional Seller Premium
    Trusted Upgrade
    Professional Seller
    Large seller, normally with their own website or business.
    Verified Upgrade

Other Feedback
    89 100%
    Feedback Score
    100%
    This is good. I support this new change.

TRUSTED MIDDLEMAN
    Super Moderator
    Trusted Upgrade
    Middleman
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Upgrade
    Upgraded member.
    Phone Authenticator

Other Feedback
    5 100%
    Feedback Score
    100%
    Thanks for taking time and reconsidering your decision!

How its going to work is still unclear to me, as in how is a middleman going to be selected and such, but overall looks very promising.

Need Middleman? - Click this link to hire me!
    ROADTO7K.COM
    - Dota 2 and CS:GO Boosting, Accounts and more!

Epic Admin
    Admin
    Verified Upgrade
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    How its going to work is still unclear to me, as in how is a middleman going to be selected and such, but overall looks very promising.
    Once the seller creates a thread, the buyer can make an offer. If the seller accepts, a MM transaction is created.

MM will have a special page that will list all pending/active MM transactions. There they can claim new transactions. First come first serve.

Once the MM claims a transaction, the seller needs to approve it first.
    The seller can then either approve the current MM or deny it and select their own MM.
    Once the MM approves, the transaction starts.

This allow MM to claim new transactions quickly, but also gives the option to the seller to select their own MM if they want to. Only approved MM will be selectable, so you can't just enter anyone's username.

EpicNPC Verified
    Trusted Upgrade
    Verified Upgrade
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    already have a website with a similar service player up. it works very poorly and rarely customers will use them from problems and long time service. they understand that it works very badly and soon will change their direction of development. why did you decide to take a step back in development?

Last edited by bigamen; 11-10-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Verified Middleman
    Local Forum Mod
    Trusted Upgrade
    Middleman
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Upgrade
    Upgraded member.
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    Quote Originally Posted by bigamen View Post
    already have a website with a similar service player up. it works very poorly and rarely customers will use them from problems and long time service. they understand that it works very badly and soon will change their direction of development. why did you decide to take a step back in development?
    Player up is badly implemented. The owners seem immature and money hungry, which causes their poor performance.
    The idea itself is good and has potential.

Epic Admin
    Admin
    Verified Upgrade
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    why did you decide to take a step back in development?
    I'm not sure I understand that question.

We'll see how it goes over time, if there are complaints about poor MM services, we'll remove those members from the system.

I also created guides in anticipation of having Epicnpc employees taking over the MM services. I will open up those guides to approved MM and allow MM to post their own or add to the existing guides. It should create a nice resource for MM.

EpicNPC Verified
    Local Forum Mod
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Upgrade
    Upgraded member.
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicNPC View Post

We'll see how it goes over time, if there are complaints about poor MM services, we'll remove those members from the system.
    What will you implement if the MM system itself is the problem and not the members?

Be aware of imposters. Always feel free to message me on Epicnpc to validate my identity.

Epic Admin
    Admin
    Verified Upgrade
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    It depends what the problem is, but any time we identify a problem we'll make attempt to fix it.

Last edited by EpicNPC; 11-18-2017 at 12:51 PM.