Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Follow us on Instagram
Register
Advertise here!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Epic Admin
    Admin
    Here to help. Just contact me if you have any questions.
    Phone Authenticator
    Phone authenticator enabled.

Country
    United States
    Feedback Score
    100%

New Personal Middleman Service - Trade Guardian

Epicnpc is happy to announce a new Personal Middleman service for Trade Guardian.
    https://www.epicnpc.com/credits_midd...ew_transaction

This is a traditional middleman service where EpicNPC will hold the item or account while the buyer pays the seller. Once the payment is complete, the item/account is given to the buyer.

The fee for the service is $9.95 + 5% of the item value.

Since MM services are personal, it will only operate during our normal business hours.
    Monday to Friday from 10am - 4pm EST
    The system will not accept any transactions during off ours.

How it Works:

• Buyer or seller creates a TG transaction as normal, but select Personal MM Service instead.
    • A private chat will be created between buyer, seller and MM (Epicnpc)
    • Epicnpc will secure the item or account
    • The buyer then pays the seller
    • Epicnpc delivers the item/account to the buyer.

The chat allows private messages to the MM only and sensitive messages are encrypted. Those messages are not held permanently and are deleted after a certain amount of time from the database.

Middleman Rules Changes
    Epicnpc is no longer allowing Verified Members to offer MM services on Epicnpc.

• All threads in the MM Forum will be closed.
    • All dedicated MM threads throughout the site will be removed.
    • All threads that contain information about MM service, must be edited by the end of November. After that we will remove them.
      • We'll be sending out a message to all members we see offering MM services

I understand that there's a few dozen members offering middleman services here, but now that we have launched an official MM service, we do not wish to competed with those service.

Having one standard MM service that has uniform rules and prices, it much easier for customers than having to browser around a dozen different services with different methods and prices. We want this system to be simple for members to use and understand, so having multiple services doesn't fit into that.

If there are questions, feel free to post below.

ps. sorry for the duplicate PM's some of you got.

Last edited by EpicNPC; 11-02-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    Follow Us: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
    Giveaways, Promotions, Videos, and Special Events

2. Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post
  3. #ADS

Professional Seller Premium
    Trusted Upgrade
    Our most trusted usergroup. Members are verified, have 50+ positive feedback and have been a member for over a year.
    Professional Seller
    Large seller, normally with their own website or business.
    Verified Upgrade
    Members who have verified their identity with us.

Other Feedback
    89 100%
    Feedback Score
    100%
    Does that mean EPICNPC will assume the chargeback risk for seller too? As far as i know, a lot of personal MM don't even touch money.

Epic Admin
    Admin
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    No, we do not protect against chargebacks. Payment is send directly from buyer to seller.

EpicNPC Verified
    Local Forum Mod
    Trusted Upgrade
    Our most trusted usergroup. Members are verified, have 50+ positive feedback and have been a member for over a year.
    Middleman
    Approved Epicnpc MM for Trade Guardian. Non-employee.
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Upgrade
    Upgraded member.
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicNPC View Post
    I understand that there's a few dozen members offering middleman services here, but now that we have launched an official MM service, we do not wish to competed with those service.

Having one standard MM service that has uniform rules and prices, it much easier for customers than having to browser around a dozen different services with different methods and prices. We want this system to be simple for members to use and understand, so having multiple services doesn't fit into that.
    This will be the new revenue of Epicnpc, but at the expense of old members, it's not a matter of a perfect system, it's a matter of earning, to be honest.

Feedback Score
    0%
    What if I need a middleman during weekend?
    Isn't that when most of the trades happen?

8. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    EpicNPC Verified
    Local Forum Mod
    Trusted Upgrade
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Upgrade
    Upgraded member.
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    Good stuff but in other hand to put restriction on members who are doing such stuff is bad practice.Not sure why u are afraid of competition , customers should have options to choose instead this mm thingy.Kinda greedy of site , but we have to accept that , i hope greed wont go too high

10. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    EpicNPC Verified
    Verified Upgrade
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicNPC View Post
    No, we do not protect against chargebacks. Payment is send directly from buyer to seller.
    I don't really get what other people are saying, about the site being greedy. Because this site does have to make money through different avenues.

However, what I am having a hard time understanding is how you can charge for this service; and furthermore, state in the video state that it is "guaranteed to be delivered" and then post that it actually isn't guaranteed. That seems a little odd to me.

If you're charging for this service with a fee, and on top of that interest, it seems to me that the service provider should take the risk upon themselves to assure that the transaction goes as confirmed.

Otherwise it does not seem like you are adding any layer of security against the one thing people are generally scared about during transactions anyway... right?

EpicMember Premium
    Trusted Upgrade
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Premium Upgrade
    Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    It's also hard to see how this service can compete with Playerauctions or G2G. Their fees are 12% and 8% respectively, but they protect against chargebacks and they also guarantee that the account won't be claimed back. (Even tho their system works terribly at times...)

So if you don't protect against chargebacks and also against account theft, then the only advantage is that no one will get scammed at the moment of the trade. In my experience, most scams happen after the trade has been legitimately completed.

I hope I'm wrong because you should have an official MM service. This website was lacking one for sooo long.

13. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    EpicNPC Verified
    Local Forum Mod
    Trusted Upgrade
    Middleman
    Verified Upgrade
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    I think that it is necessary to give the opportunity to engage in this at least professional sellers. Then you get income for purchasing the status of a professional seller, and the seller can work middleman here

Feedback Score
    0%
    Quote Originally Posted by Novun View Post
    It's also hard to see how this service can compete with Playerauctions or G2G. Their fees are 12% and 8% respectively, but they protect against chargebacks and they also guarantee that the account won't be claimed back. (Even tho their system works terribly at times...)
    I know I'm fairly new here but wanted to share because I have used both these sites. I'm glad you pointed out their systems work terribly because epicnpc system is automated while playerauctions is loaded with complaints thousands of them everywhere and the bulk of it seems like a poorly run team who isn't fixing issues - https://www.epicnpc.com/threads/1209...s?goto=newpost

Epicnpc fees are clearly cheaper here, they actually verify the product while those other services don't making the transaction safer and while they don't protect against chargebacks (not a big issue to most), none of these sites including epicnpc protect against accounts being claimed back. G2G has 7 day protection because they hold the sellers payment for 7 days. After that, if the account is recalled, no protection is given. Playerauctions has the same/similar system only difference is it looks like G2G actually cares about their customers whereas Playerauctions could care less. Additionally, if an account is recalled, playerauctions makes you fill out this huge form questionnaire which takes hours and you have to provide proof and then they don't even help you after you filled it out. It's ridiculous. You can't expect any site to protect against account recalls for a small fee like that. They'd lose money.

Also most problems typically happen during the transaction. Sellers not delivering, buyers not paying. This system protects against that.

I actually am really excited about this. Plan to use this later in the year when I buy an account.

Last edited by ThePizzaMan; 11-03-2017 at 06:30 AM.

EpicNPC Verified
    Trusted Upgrade
    Verified Upgrade
    Former Mod
    Used to be a moderator on Epicnpc. Stepped down on good terms.
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    ThePizzaMan is 100% correct.
    Playerauction makes you buy insurance on account to get protection. Then does what it can to deny claims. (all insurances work this way.)

From experience Most of disputes and scam accusations (in threads never disputed) are for non delivery of purchase. we are talking like a 10:1 ratio.

Providing payment recall protection is high risk. The fees would have to be a lot higher due to risk involved, when trade guardian was originally enabled it had a 12.5% fee and sellers cried that was too high and no one used it. Because they want everything for free. Also protecting sellers payment protection increases the chance of recall and provides buyer no recourse if anything happens.

Providing account recall protection is high risk for site because expensive accounts are usually recalled not cheap ones. There for it would increase the price greatly and that has been discussed.

The system really needs more availability hours wise. We have people all over world and in different timezones and all have different lifestyles. This will probably change and be fixed as system grows.

Verified Middleman
    Local Forum Mod
    Trusted Upgrade
    Middleman
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Upgrade
    Upgraded member.
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    @Kyo7763
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo7763 View Post
    I don't really get what other people are saying, about the site being greedy. Because this site does have to make money through different avenues.
    It's being very greedy and this has been going for some time now.

Making money through different avenues is not the same as abusing his position as the site owner to remove competition.

What he is doing now is equivalent to opening a LoL account shop, closing down the lol account forums and fucking over everyone who was selling lol accounts on his website, saying he doesn't need competition. Not to mention that his accounts would only be mediocre and that you can't really find the same variety as you could with 50+ account sellers.

This is exactly the same, the only difference being the amount of members being fucked over. That seems like greed and abuse of position to me.

- The service is not open 24/7 and does not operate during weekends.
    - It does not provide money holding/chargeback protection which some MMs provided.
    - The quality can't be as good as someone who's done over 1000 trades.

From my experience, if I don't respond to a MM request within an hour, there's over 50% chance that I lost that deal. Traders are generally impatient and want the account now, not tomorrow or in 3 days.

@Novun
    You're wrong.
    Majority of scams happen at the moment of the trade.
    Just check out the dispute forums and see how many disputes there are about going first and getting scammed compared to account recalls or chargebacks.

By simply using a MM, you are reducing the chances of getting scammed from 80% to 10%, compared to going first. Add ID verification to that and it drops to less than 5%.
    A MM also provides extensive background checking and can use intuition to estimate the risk, further reducing the chance of scam.

This, even without any payment holding or guarantees already justifies the MM fee, if it's 4-6%.
    Offering chargeback protection is possible, but offering recall protection is bullshit.

No one will give you guarantee from recalls, simply because it opens room for abuse and because it's not possible to determine if the account was actually recalled.
    For majority of games, you have no way to know if the account was recalled or not. The support does not give you any info. I've only seen Blizzard providing info about recalls. So the chance of the buyer simply losing the account or attempting to scam by reporting the account as stolen are high.

I don't understand websites which provide this service and how do they do it. That's probably the reason why player auctions is full of bad reports. To me it looks like it's just another service like paypal's dispute resolution, where only certain proof is valid, while everything else gets you an automated response that you couldn't prove a recall.

18. Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post
    EpicMember Premium
    Trusted Upgrade
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Premium Upgrade
    Upgraded member with 20+ positive feedbacks.
    Phone Authenticator

Feedback Score
    100%
    It's awesome to be called wrong.

I haven't been scammed a single time at the time of delivery. Even when I was starting out. Some basic sense is required.

I have a few points to make.

1. It is more likely that someone will report a scam if it happened right after he paid. (Non-item delivery) That's why you see more disputes for that.

2. Accounts recalled after 2+ month are rarely reported. Especially here. People rarely play more than 1-2 months with a bought account.

3. On G2G they protect against account recovery and I have to say their system works well. God damn well.

4. Insurance on PA is ****. Never said otherwise. But even without insurance, you can cause enough pain to big sellers to get a refund or replacement account, it just depends on your perseverance. Buying from non repped members will always set you up for disappointment. That's not the fault of PA.

I'm not saying MM-s are not needed. I'm saying what you see and what actually happens are two different things. This is why, I believe the current state of this EpicNPC MM service is not good enough. If it can't offer more than what current MM-s can do there is not much point to it.

Not to mention you are destroying the MM subculture here entirely.

Last edited by Novun; 11-03-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator
    Trusted Upgrade
    Middleman
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Upgrade
    Upgraded member.
    Phone Authenticator

Other Feedback
    5 100%
    Feedback Score
    100%
    Quite weird decision for me. Even though i wasn't making thousands of dollars by middlemanning, it was kind of a side-job for me (7-9 deals per month, so around 70$/80$) I must agree that this is wrong in many ways. Mentioning this so that people don't think I'm mad because I lost a fortune over this update.

I mainly dislike this for several reasons:

1. The most important one, some middleman here, are really professionals and there is nobody that will do MM better than them. On top of it, that was their main source of income on the site and now it's gone.
    2. If the person that does middleman is not available, or takes too long to finsih 1 trade, it will cause an enourmous waiting queue. Trust me, some trades can go up to 6-12 hours long because sometimes payment doesn't work or other crazy stuff happens
    3. The opening hours are only good for NA people. How will European and other people get the help with the trades? - You willl need to hire more people from Europe and this would be the point where it becomes the same way as it is now - where the person chooses a middleman based on his availability, and if for example im Offline/Busy they go for another one.

Instead you can run your OWN OFFICIAL MIDDLEMAN THREAD and you can HIGHLIGHT it or make it at the TOP so that people HAVE THE OPTION to choose you or choose others based on their preference. I have had many customers in the past that skipped other middleman to wait for me, also had many people that said "sorry you're too late I went with the other guy" - My point is those people HAD THE OPTIONS.

You had the same kind of stuff with League of Legends boosting, but it's gone for some reason. It was at site header part of the site.

The way it is now is like bruteforcing people to go with your middleman only. This is wrong in my opinion, and should not be coming from a person that lives in the US where people actually have democracy and the right to choose.

Further more, I have to agree with Integrity here regarding the fact that you can also soon say that All Dota, CSGO, LoL, WoW etc forums are closed and we can only buy from EpicNPC store in the future. The way things go right now I can definitely see it coming and for me as a person that makes money solely from selling accounts this can be like a stab in the back and immediate death of my business.

In my opinion the forum is where threads are created, this was never an online shop and you were only Administrator, it was a place where people could talk, sell their stuff or offer services. And it should remain this way. Right now as I see it, and people mentioned as well, this is becoming some sort of monopoly where the owner(s) decided that they can be the ones that can offer middleman service and in order to avoid competition they shut down the other threads. Like I said earlier, what are the chances of this happening to the Sellers as well. Is there a point where you start charging a fee for sales or listing a thread? Or shutting down completely the forums and making your own online shop? This is wrong in its core, I don't know what's going on or who is making those calls, but greed is not good. It has ruined many sites and business and you should not make the same mistakes people did in the past.

Listen to what the forum users say, at least ask for their opinion. You launched Trade Guardian and I'm pretty sure the percentage of people that used it is under 5% of all trades , but at least you allowed people to continue offering middleman services (they had the options to choose from, some went for TG, some went for human MM)

When I joined this forum in 2014, the online here was 50-60 people barely. Sellers/Service providers did this in order to make this website this popular by selling thousands of items/accounts/etc. I never saw a google ad of EpicNPC or any EpicNPC retweets/shares on social network. Meaning there was never an AD campaign that could make this a more popular site. And it's only the people that advertised here their accounts and sales made it possible for google to show the forum on the first page. I'm not a SEO guy, but I think this is how it works, the more people click on the threads of epicnpc the closer to the first page epicnpc moves in the search engine.

To sum it up, I agree with the decision of making the official middleman thread, it would get more attention obviously, given all the powers the forum owner has. But please give people the options to choose from, do not monopolize the forum. People should have options to choose from, same way they chose EpicNPC to advertise on and skipped others.

Need Middleman? - Click this to hire me!
    GUIDE
    HOW TO AVOID IMPERSONATORS ON SKYPE!

21. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Super Moderator
    Trusted Upgrade
    Middleman
    Verified Upgrade
    EpicMember Upgrade
    Upgraded member.
    Phone Authenticator

Other Feedback
    5 100%
    Feedback Score
    100%
    @Novun, if I sell you my steam/blizzard account, that has my credit card info, my ID, all of my payments and stuff. Can G2G really protect you from me recovering the account? It will take me 20 mins to take the account back, so I don't know how you're saying that there is a site that protects from account recalls? I mean they can cover payment chargeback I guess, or have the options to prevent it from happening, but there is NOBODY that can stop an account recall.

Every time I did middleman and I was asked this question about account recovery I always said "Neither me, nor anyone on this forum can prevent that from happening". Perhaps the other game platforms work differently (even though I doubt it), I was talking about Steam and I'm 100% sure that it is the way it works.

There was a scam method that I came across lately with the mobile guard screenshot that makes you lose your account within moments, so I helped a guy recover it within 6 hours of his contacting steam support and providing details. Imagine this happening to account sellers that use middleman, what stops them from doing the same? - Nothing. Even though I tend to believe that both parties that agree to use middleman are less likely to be scammers (both sellers and buyers).

So I don't really know how can anyone protect ACCOUNT RECALL, not the paypal CHARGEBCK. Perhaps you could explain how it works?

23. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast